ADVERTISEMENT

Team/Staff Question

Not sure if baseball is considered a revenue sport there. I know they just recently started charging for tickets. His success and now loyalty definitely seems to deserve a raise.
it may be a "revenue" sport but I doubt if it's a "profit" one like basketball or football (it might be at Mississippi State--not sure what else is there to do in Starkville in the spring and summer besides attend a baseball game).

Jurich may have been a slug of a human being, but he sure knew where to find the $$$$$$ to pay his coaches.

Guess we'll see now how satisfied/dissatisfied Lemonis is with his current staff. Gotta think he wasn't at all happy with the team's hitting/offense, but maybe he just thinks that's a "recruiting/practice" issue, not a "staffing/teaching" one?

I hate when coaches lose jobs, but I’m not real sure how you can justify keeping a hitting coach whose approach seems to be “swing hard as hell just in case you connect.” And routinely sends runners to obvious outs at the plate. Not sure if that reflects the big man’s philosophy or he’s gone rogue. Either way, I hope we see clear corrections next year. And maybe have more than one guy in the lineup capable of bunting? Just a thought.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT