ADVERTISEMENT

TD Roof

In the transfer portal?
I thought I heard quite awhile ago that Roof was gone, like possibly still during the season, if not then it was shortly thereafter. I don't remember if he was transferring or just quitting football, seems as though the latter sounds more like it, but I just don't remember for sure. I know he tried to put on weight, but he just looked so small for a B1G LB.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Seemed like good kid, big hitter but undersized for B10. Sadly, time doesn’t stop and they have some new big boys. Thought he was injured so hope he’s not testing fate, but if cleared to play, think a slightly smaller school/conference best for him.

He said he was done with football and had some sort of surgery in the off-season. And apparently he has had a change of mind. He had 30 solo tackles last season.

Reactions: vesuvius13
He said he was done with football and had some sort of surgery in the off-season. And apparently he has had a change of mind. He had 30 solo tackles last season.

Yes - following the season in December, Allen was quoted as saying:

“He’s just chosen to really walk away from football,” Allen said. (He’s) going to have to have surgery in this offseason and (was) just kind of weary of all that. He and I had a really good talk and talked with his family and wish him nothing but the best and appreciate what he did here. But he’s not going to play anywhere else. (He’s) just going to no longer be with us.”

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back under his dad’s direction at Appalachian State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT