ADVERTISEMENT

Targeting

Seems there is pretty simple remedy.
With Intent- Ejection
Without Intent/Incidental-15 yards or just play on.
It is not hard to determine intent.
Helmet to helmet should be called, none of this 6 inch area of the crown.
Personally, I think it is rather easy to discern if a player has incidental contact vs. lunging and leading with the helmet. Sure, there are those rare cases that are hard to distinguish, but I agree with your logic here.

Seems there is pretty simple remedy.

Personally, I think it is rather easy to discern if a player has incidental contact vs. lunging and leading with the helmet. Sure, there are those rare cases that are hard to distinguish, but I agree with your logic here.
How would you discern that ?

Reactions: vesuvius13
Helmet to helmet should be a call, personal foul. Two is ejection.

All the body weight stuff is crazy.

Only other rule, targeting knees.

Although may need to be an area where official has a little discretion from clearly driving them down. Terry Bradshaw is often anti the current over protection rules, but even he was mad they allowed you to be picked up and slammed like a pile driver down on your neck, in his day. Says that's where the damage came from, not as much from regular hits.

Helmet to helmet should be a call, personal foul. Two is ejection.

All the body weight stuff is crazy.

Only other rule, targeting knees.

Although may need to be an area where official has a little discretion from clearly driving them down. Terry Bradshaw is often anti the current over protection rules, but even he was mad they allowed you to be picked up and slammed like a pile driver down on your neck, in his day. Says that's where the damage came from, not as much from regular hits.
The sack calls were ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT