ADVERTISEMENT

Taboo Topic

Win out. Go to bowl. Extend Tom.

• Absolutely!

• Gotta take the bad with the good.

• Hell no, he’s gotta go!

• Honestly can’t decide if it’s worth it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
And he said 4 in a row!
IU did win four in a row in both 2019 and 2020, and before that it was the great 1993 team of Bill Mallory. So including the covid years, it has happened 3 three times in thirty years. But, yet, if it happens a fourth time this year, some people want to see Allen gone.....

Reactions: vesuvius13
If they get to a bowl this year I’m not sure the $7.9 Mil number would still apply in 2024. Unless Dolson changed the buyout language in the 2021 contract, I think another extension this winter could potentially make the 2024 buyout $20.8 million again if that season effectively becomes “season three” of Allen’s newest contract.

If it did become the new “season three” then that could mean that IU might still be on the hook for 100% of the remaining 4 years of Allen’s newest contract, and the buyout might not drop to $7.9 Mil until December of 2025 if the ‘25 season was now treated as “season four” of the new contract.

I bring this up because something similar appears to be what happened in 2021. In order for the current buyout to be $20.8 Mil, dropping to $7.9 Mil next.year, 2023 is presumably regarded as “season three” of the current contract, at least in terms of the buyout. But that also suggests that the 2021 extension Allen received moved the buyout “clock” or timeline back a year. Otherwise this season would be “season four” of the original 2019 contract that was automatically extended in 2021, and the buyout next month (hypothetically) might be about $10-$10.5 Mil instead of $20.8 million.

And we all should probably keep in mind that these numbers don’t factor in the possibility of Allen, in addition to obtaining another extension, being given another raise, which would of course make all the numbers even larger and more expensive.
I feel fairly confident that Allen will not be given a raise anytime soon. And not until we're beating some of the top teams every once in a while - which, I admit, isn't impossible after the PSU game.

An extension is possible, although winning out this year is unlikely (hopefully we do), but a raise is not, imo.

Reactions: vesuvius13
2 of 7 winning seasons.
At any other university, that gets you canned.
Too many crucial self destructions (Gator Bowl) that never should have happened.
It’s a case where the overall body of work stinks and it feels that the only reason we haven’t completely tanked is due to Carey and Bostad, not Allen.
TA loves the program and does the best he can but he’s simply in over his head. It’s a case of too little, too late.

I think this is all a moot point because IU is almost assuredly NOT going to win out. Illinois and Purdue are better than IU.

• Haha
Reactions: GolfHacker1
PSU looked like IU could have beaten but our defense didn't look good in the last drive as PSU wanted to win. It is a shame our defense didn't rise up and stop them.

I think this is all a moot point because IU is almost assuredly NOT going to win out. Illinois and Purdue are better than IU.
If they get past Illinois, I think they win out. Wisconsin was the toughie and they beat them.

I watched the Minnesota/Illinois game. Illinois was dead to rights, won in the closing minute on a long touchdown pass.

Purdue is very beatable.

Reactions: midwolfe and DANC
My gut was to agree with you, so I did some quick research. Turns out we've got so few seasons with 4+ conference wins it wasn't too hard. Going back to the Rose Bowl season:
Wow, that is a humbling revelation I wasn't aware of.

I remember the Rose Bowl like it was yesterday, having gone to cheer them on. Cheers have been so few and far between since that "yesterday."

I think that Wisconsin game is the best I've felt after a game I attended in a long time, excluding the Covid aberration everyone else was quick to dismiss. That period will forever have an asterisk in the record book. The Wuhan Flu was Tom's job-saver.

Reactions: Bucket Getter

I remember the Rose Bowl like it was yesterday, having gone to cheer them on. Cheers have been so few and far between since that "yesterday."

I think that Wisconsin game is the best I've felt after a game I attended in a long time, excluding the Covid aberration everyone else was quick to dismiss. That period will forever have an asterisk in the record book. The Wuhan Flu was Tom's job-saver.
Most don't dismiss it. Just those that are upset it happened.

He shouldn’t apologize for it, as he did a great job with the obvious advantage that we had. Unfortunately, when the playing field was leveled, we saw it for the aberration that clearly was. None of that was Coach Allen’s fault, though.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
He shouldn’t apologize for it, as he did a great job with the obvious advantage that we had. Unfortunately, when the playing field was leveled, we saw it for the aberration that clearly was. None of that was Coach Allen’s fault, though.
If 2020 had been a blip on the radar, as opposed to the 2nd of two good years and a batch of decent years (by IU standards) clustered together, maybe. But that's not the case no matter how much you wish it were. Remember, facts matter. That wasn't a one year wonder. It was two very good years in a row.

If 2020 had been a blip on the radar, as opposed to the 2nd of two good years and a batch of decent years (by IU standards) clustered together, maybe. But that's not the case no matter how much you wish it were. Remember, facts matter. That wasn't a one year wonder. It was two very good years in a row.
You probably should take a closer look at who we beat in 2019 . . . If you followed the program closer, you‘d understand that who you beat says everything. Remember, facts matter, even for you. Then again, you’re satisfied with the status quo.

You probably should take a closer look at who we beat in 2019 . . . If you followed the program closer, you‘d understand that who you beat says everything. Remember, facts matter, even for you. Then again, you’re satisfied with the status quo.
Because as we all know, teams normally get to eight wins by going through a murderer's row of a schedule with no help from it, and IU just fluked their way into it. /s

Get f*cking serious for once.

Reactions: ESalum86 and DANC
Yes. We beat 8 of the teams on our schedule. Five in the Big Ten. How many times have we done that?

If they get past Illinois, I think they win out. Wisconsin was the toughie and they beat them.

I watched the Minnesota/Illinois game. Illinois was dead to rights, won in the closing minute on a long touchdown pass.

Purdue is very beatable.
Wisky was two teams with a lot of key injuries. Wisky was the deeper team but IU simply stepped up and Wisky could not.

We will be out our top receiver going forward.

Ill and Pu are very beatable ding despite Pu having the "best QB in the West" but IU has not shown any consistency either. All are tossups.

Chance of IU running the table are slim.

IU did win four in a row in both 2019 and 2020, and before that it was the great 1993 team of Bill Mallory. So including the covid years, it has happened 3 three times in thirty years. But, yet, if it happens a fourth time this year, some people want to see Allen gone.....
Most

Because as we all know, teams normally get to eight wins by going through a murderer's row of a schedule with no help from it, and IU just fluked their way into it. /s

Not what I said, but I notice you didn’t take issue with any of the facts I provided. Better look on the mirror on that serious thing.

The Purdue talking points are all represented.
Love my little troll, and especially love it when you weakly claim I’m a Purdue fan. Still looking for that phantom facilities guy? You know, the one you claim was more senior than the senior most guy? lol.

Believe it or not he is.

Absolutelly loathes all things IU.

Love my little troll, and especially love it when you weakly claim I’m a Purdue fan. Still looking for that phantom facilities guy? You know, the one you claim was more senior than the senior most guy? lol.
I gave you the proper title twice and you still couldn't come up with the name. Says it all.

Chuck Crabb was not the "senior most guy in the AD"

You are a total fraud.

But it looks like you are looking for another drunken fight...so I give you the last word Helen Dell.

I gave you the proper title twice and you still couldn't come up with the name. Says it all.

Chuck Crabb was not the "senior most guy in the AD"

You are a total fraud.

But it looks like you are looking for another drunken fight...so I give you the last word Helen Dell.
CC was in charge of facilities when that occurred, something those of us who actually know about the athletic department understand. We both know you got caught yet again. Love that you tried to make up a fake person. Lol

Troll. Facts matter. We beat no one with a winning record. Not surprising you didn’t know that fact.
I forgot that only wins against teams with a winning record count. Even if you have the worst history of losing in college football history and have LOST hundreds of games to teams that also didn’t have a winning record.

Reactions: Palmbeachhoosier
I forgot that only wins against teams with a winning record count. Even if you have the worst history of losing in college football history and have LOST hundreds of games to teams that also didn’t have a winning record.
Never said that wins against only losing teams don’t count, but that they shouldn’t be used to embellish the accomplishments of the team. That’s the difference between us - you chose to embellish while I did not.

Last edited:
I don't see the point of rehashing whether 2019 and 2020 were good years or IU just got a lucky schedule or somehow managed the flu better. Point is IU has been terrible since then, for 2 1/2 years at least. Unless they win out something has to change.

I don't see the point of rehashing whether 2019 and 2020 were good years or IU just got a lucky schedule or somehow managed the flu better. Point is IU has been terrible since then, for 2 1/2 years at least. Unless they win out something has to change.
They were both good seasons but some will always look for or even invent reasons to diminish or dismiss them.

Consider the drunken fight picking source. This is the same clown that just claimed that Scott Dolson is not a real person and that I made him up.

Now some May wish I made him up but I assure you he is real.

Never said that wins against only losing teams don’t count, but that they shouldn’t be used to embellish the accomplishments of the team. That’s the difference between us - you chose to embellish while I did not.
They won 8 games. They won 5 conference games. Those are facts. They matter. And that’s all that I said. I didn’t embellish anything. Stated how many games they won.

They won 8 games. They won 5 conference games. Those are facts. They matter. And that’s all that I said. I didn’t embellish anything. Stated how many games they won.
And I provided meaningful context to those victories, which angered you and activated your troll mechanism. It’s what you guys do.

Consider the drunken fight picking source. This is the same clown that just claimed that Scott Dolson is not a real person and that I made him up.

Now some May wish I made him up but I assure you he is real.
Ah, so now it was Dolson who told you about it? And you’re claiming he was the head of athletic facilities when he did so? Put down your shovel. But since you’ve gone there, did he tell you why they chose to clean the bird poop off the field but not go into the stands and clean up there? There was a reason, since they knew before Purdue went through their on field practice. Looking forward to your detailed response.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT