ADVERTISEMENT

T Hill

The lesson is obedience.
Always obey government employees. Especially ones carrying guns.

If Hill was really going 100mph or that far over the limit, he should have a suspended license.

Last edited:
In 2019 his 3 year old ended up with a questionable broken arm and Tyreek also threatened the boys, mother! This guy is bad news!

The lesson is obedience.
Always obey government employees. Especially ones carrying guns.

If Hill was really going 100mph or that far over the limit, he should have a suspended license.
The ticket they wrote up said 60 mph, "estimated".

Hill behaved like a jerk. Some of the officers were not much better. They also lied in saying he refused to sit in the ground. They took him down, without asking. But if he kept the window down then none of this happens

Reactions: BadWakeboarder

Hill behaved like a jerk. Some of the officers were not much better. They also lied in saying he refused to sit in the ground. They took him down, without asking. But if he kept the window down then none of this happens
If you act like a thug you get treated like a thug!

Mistakes were made on both sides. And with the benefit of hindsight, its obvious both sides could have done things differently.

But its important, I think anyways, to recognize that both sides did some things right too.

-Hill wasn't combative. I'm sure he was embarrassed, probably raging inside. After he rolled his window up on them, he handled the rest of the encounter very well.

-The police didn't "dig in" and arrest him, and take him away. Outside the guy at the end feeling like he needed to force Hill to the ground (that was a bit much)...but other than that, I think they showed restraint in what was probably a very tense situation for them for a minute or two.

Some perspective that none of us can relate to, to also consider...

-A possible reason why Hill rolled his window up... he didn't want his face all over social media. You can tell from the transcript he was telling them to give him the ticket and move on. He wasn't really contesting anything, he probably was just trying to avoid the dozens of cameras (phones), that he felt were on him.

-A more obvious reason the Police got very amped up... Its Miami, not Cleveland...there are tons of cars similar to that one in Miami, owned by dudes you wouldn't want rolling the window up and not knowing what they could be doing inside the car. In Cleveland, probably a lot more obvious outside the stadium like that, that it would probably have been a football player. In Miami, I bet if you panned out and showed a 5 minute clip, there would be a handful of other similarly fancy cars going this way and that in that area.

-And to my comment on the officer at the end that pushed Hill to the ground...who's to say that Officer hasn't had experiences where other detainees have taken off running in that situation, or kicked someone...there are probably procedural reasons why they want them sitting, and not standing. Did he "have" to rush to him, obviously frustrated, and force him down? Maybe not, but again, none of us know what they have to deal with on a daily basis.

All in all, I think it was handled well. And I wish Hill's camp and the Police, could somehow get together and admit their mistakes, but praise each other for the restraint they both showed.
Good thoughts, IUNorth. Perspective is such a key driver here. It's interesting to see the similarities and differences between this one and the Scott Scheffler encounter at the U.S. Open both in terms of the police, the person stopped, and the public reaction.

I thought this opinion piece by former Syracuse basketball player Etan Thomas was interesting in how it looked at the incident, especially through the lens of his shock over what drunk white girls got away with in their interactions with cops vs. what he had been taught to do if he was stopped by the police.

Pretty much my take here.

Hill was less than cooperative - which escalated a routine traffic stop.

But the cops went too far in yanking him from the vehicle and handcuffing him face down on the pavement.

Both parties were in the wrong. A lot of people are saying Tyreek Hill did nothing wrong here. And I don’t agree with them.
And Hill’s instant playing of the race card is predictable, sad and pathetic.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Pretty much my take here.

Hill was less than cooperative - which escalated a routine traffic stop.

But the cops went too far in yanking him from the vehicle and handcuffing him face down on the pavement.

Both parties were in the wrong. A lot of people are saying Tyreek Hill did nothing wrong here. And I don’t agree with them.

Hill was being an entitled, disrespectful asshole all the way around.

Good thoughts, IUNorth. Perspective is such a key driver here. It's interesting to see the similarities and differences between this one and the Scott Scheffler encounter at the U.S. Open both in terms of the police, the person stopped, and the public reaction.

I thought this opinion piece by former Syracuse basketball player Etan Thomas was interesting in how it looked at the incident, especially through the lens of his shock over what drunk white girls got away with in their interactions with cops vs. what he had been taught to do if he was stopped by the police.
The cops always hope they can get lucky with the drunk white girls

I'm not the biggest fan of the article but understand his point. He's wrong that white people always get away with it. If he'd like a first hand account, I know a guy.

It's profiling. Humans do it naturally. Deprogramming that from a police officer? Difficult at best, impossible and potentially bad at worst?

I don't know how to resolve this issue hoos. Poor white trash gets treated differently in the rural parts of the country from their more well off brethren. B/c they are profiled as being meth heads, thieves, drug dealers, etc. The problem is, a lot of times the police are right.

So, I guess I would be a bigger fan of "targeted" police activity over "profiled" police activity. If that delineation can be achieved of course.

The Tyreek case is stupid b/c these assholes knew who he was and were power tripping and likley cheering Hill on a few hours later.

Last edited:

While your comments are completely accurate, it hasn’t stopped ESPN and other woke journalists from going full “this is the black experience in America” nonsense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT