ADVERTISEMENT

Sure is a shame..

82IU

Freshman
Apr 30, 2016
that Grant Holderfield is out for the season. He pitched pretty well during the early part of the season last year. Iirc, they overworked him last year due to necessity and he was not ready for the workload. Hope he can come back next season. Would be nice to have him as another Lefty Reliever then we could have Ryan Kraft as another Full time Starter. I wish Ty Bothwell could get back to pitching like he did at the end of last year. I guess as they say.. "If if's and buts were candy and nuts, oh what a Christmas it would be."
Go Hoosiers!

Kraft is not a starter he is a good long reliever.

Our 'brilliant' manager needs to go out and find two legit starters to go with Sinnard who can throw 6-8 innings each time out. No more long relievers trying to start. Just like every other team prior to 2022 you need three legitimate starters. They are not on the team right now and until Mercer realizes it (which given the idiocy in his brain I would doubt) it and stops trying to be cute and piece it together to show he is the smartest guy out there this team will not reach its potential.

Kraft is not a starter he is a good long reliever.

Our 'brilliant' manager needs to go out and find two legit starters to go with Sinnard who can throw 6-8 innings each time out. No more long relievers trying to start. Just like every other team prior to 2022 you need three legitimate starters. They are not on the team right now and until Mercer realizes it (which given the idiocy in his brain I would doubt) it and stops trying to be cute and piece it together to show he is the smartest guy out there this team will not reach its potential.
Which kid on the team is yours? Seems like I should probably start with kids. That aren’t playing much.

Which kid on the team is yours? Seems like I should probably start with kids. That aren’t playing much.
I don’t have anyone on the team. Just a fan who can see right through Mercer’s shenanigans and that he is a terrible coach. Don’t let his numbers fool you. His in game managing is as bad as it gets.

I don’t have anyone on the team. Just a fan who can see right through Mercer’s shenanigans and that he is a terrible coach. Don’t let his numbers fool you. His in game managing is as bad as it gets.
Ok, Dude Where's My Brain.

Don't let the numbers fool you....first place in the B1G and 14 RPI. Which is kind of the purpose, right?

Ok, Dude Where's My Brain.

Don't let the numbers fool you....first place in the B1G and 14 RPI. Which is kind of the purpose, right?
Everything is fine now but it is built with flimsy walls than will collapse eventually. I bet you loved Tom Crean in 2011-2013 as well. I saw right through it and realized it was built on shaky foundations. That is the case here. Its all fine and dandy now but with a coach who is above his head it will fall apart pretty fast. Some coaches like Shonda Stanton, Todd Yeagley, Teri Moren, Ray Looze Etc. have built something rock solid that can stick. Mercer on the other hand has built on less than solid ground not that different from Tom Crean and Tom Allen. I am just smart enough to see through it and don't come here in complaining in a year or two when everything falls apart.

Everything is fine now but it is built with flimsy walls than will collapse eventually. I bet you loved Tom Crean in 2011-2013 as well. I saw right through it and realized it was built on shaky foundations. That is the case here. Its all fine and dandy now but with a coach who is above his head it will fall apart pretty fast. Some coaches like Shonda Stanton, Todd Yeagley, Teri Moren, Ray Looze Etc. have built something rock solid that can stick. Mercer on the other hand has built on less than solid ground not that different from Tom Crean and Tom Allen. I am just smart enough to see through it and don't come here in complaining in a year or two when everything falls apart.
I'm sure you'll be cheering hard (for them to fail) from the stands. The best kind of fan.

It pains me to write this, but I somewhat agree. I also believe Mercer is not the guy and is in over his head. I am pleased at the cumulative results as of now, and I hope I am wrong. But, I do not have confidence yet in Mercer to believe we will finish up where we are. His decision-making with the pitchers should be a red flag to everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT