ADVERTISEMENT

Summer League question

kraft cheese+macaroni

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2010
THe IU Baseball Twitter account linked to a page where players are listed who are playing summer league and you can see who they're playing for, their stats, etc.

I noticed several notable guys were not on that page. My inclination is that EVERYONE plays summer ball and that maybe those not listed either don't play for leagues who make that info readily available or whatever.

Can anyone offer comment on summer ball and what percentage play? I specifically noted these guys missing: WCC, Donley, Hartong (still can't play yet?) and Kelzer.

To my understanding..... WCC is apparently taking the summer off, Hartong is not cleared to play (lacerated spleen), Donley graduated and possibly will not be back next year (lots of stuff to play out here). I haven't heard anything on Kelzer yet, but he is expected to be back next year.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

I don't like that Donley possibility

But I also understand that if you're not on a free ride, it's expensive to just play college baseball and be a grad student, particularly if you're probably not a future pro.

WCC & Donley

I guess I understand WCC taking the summer off...might be a good thing for him. Then again... Whatever the case, I sure hope he gets his stuff back under control. He looked pretty good in the Regional. He'll be very important next year IMO. Somebody will have some awfully big shoes to fill with JD gone.

Donley is another I hope comes back. After not being overly impressed last year, I thought he really became a force this year. Seemed like a clutch hitter to me. Surprised he's not playing this summer and am curious what your comment above means.

Not at all surprised Hartong is still recovering. What's the estimate for his return? Isn't something like that normally about a year? Eric Davis and Chris Sims come to mind.

Last year Donley hit .358 with 5 HRs and 61 RBIs....

I am not sure what else you could have wanted from him last year.

This year he was .324, 5 HRs and 47 RBIs... Both very solid years.

I really hope Scott comes back. Useful LH bat in the middle of the order (with experience).

Yeah, I know...

And maybe I am waaaay off base here, but he just seemed a lot more clutch this year than last. Raw numbers don't always tell the whole story.

Boy I agree. If there was one kid

that seemed to be clutch when we needed it the most, it was Donley.
He seemed to always cruise into second with those 2 fingers raised.
This was a good year.
I'm still not sure I'm over the shock.
Know what I mean ?!

This post was edited on 6/24 3:55 PM by MIDDAD2007

Agree about the shock

It was a given that we'd win the Regional and we'd be ready to stand up to anyone thrown at us in the Super-Regional, especially at home. We were already on our way to Omaha ... and then one swing of the bat--by their little lead-off man! Oof. I can still see Will Nolden draped over the fence after he almost caught that ball. Oof. This one will sting for a while.

You want a picture that hurts???? Check this...

ncaa-indiana-stanford_coll1.jpg

2 devastating losses in a couple of weeks.

That hurt. This news kills.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT