ADVERTISEMENT

Struggling to watch Bowl Games

My suggestion for this problem even though it won’t solve it is to require the players who sit out to repay a percentage of their NIL. Some of these players are making millions so let them return some of the money. So if a player’s NIL is a million and he misses his thirteenth game he returns around $80k. I’m sure some of them it wouldn’t bother but who knows how many it would.

The games so far have reinforced my theory that players don't care about bowl games in the current era of NIL.

I'm sure many would rather be home for Christmas or on a warm beach than practicing for another month. School admins and programs like ours that share in the wealth love bowl games!
They will have it written in their NIL deal for a bonus to play in a bowl game is what's coming next

Reactions: red hornet and 76-1
I question why West Point was not offered a bowl invitation. The Cadets were 6-6 on the season and played Navy in the final game when both were 5-6. Since Minnesota was allowed at 5-7 to play a bowl it would have been prevented if Army was invited. The only thing I wonder is that Army beat two FCS schools this year in Delaware State and Holy Cross, and maybe one was permitted to count.

Reactions: red hornet
I question why West Point was not offered a bowl invitation. The Cadets were 6-6 on the season and played Navy in the final game when both were 5-6. Since Minnesota was allowed at 5-7 to play a bowl it would have been prevented if Army was invited. The only thing I wonder is that Army beat two FCS schools this year in Delaware State and Holy Cross, and maybe one was permitted to count.
2 1AA wins did them in

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT