ADVERTISEMENT

Strickland Committing Thursday

Opting out would not do anything for his draft position. But sticking around to play 1 season with little bro would be absolutely foolish.

I really love my brothers. But I love the idea of becoming financially secure at 22 years old more.
I'm not saying he's going to opt out, but I think him opting out under the circumstance I laid out is a lot more probable than him sticking around for a 4th year. If I'm a top 10-15 pick and playing on a bad team and have even the slightest injury, I'm taking a long, hard look at the possibility of getting healthy for the draft.

Ummm...what about Taiwan Mullen? It's almost the exact same situation. While I hope he stays to play with his brother, I would be very, very pleasantly surprised if he does.
Mullen’s family operates numerous business ventures in Bloomington and has a long history of IU graduates?

This thread derailed a bit. Would be funny to see him commit to Stanford to stun us both
It seemed to be between Purdue and Stanford for a while. IU players and commits have been leaning on him hard, though, and he had a solid visit. IU might be a real possibility. Although at the end of the day I think he ends up at Purdue. Tough to overcome the family connections.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Purdue was very fortunate that the game was cancelled...twice.
Why? I'm not here to predict rivalries. I thought iu was going to roll two years ago in a game Purdue should have probably won. Never know what happens. Also don't know who would have been playing for either team.

Hell they were 7-14 in games Rondale played in his career. 0-3 last year and 1-3 the year prior before getting hurt.
As the trenches start to catch up, that will hopefully improve. Missing out on the quick fix trench guys in year 3 really hurt.

As the trenches start to catch up, that will hopefully improve. Missing out on the quick fix trench guys in year 3 really hurt.
I actually thought Purdue was much more balanced without Rondale, as if throwing the ball behind the LOS 20 times (like in the Nebraska game) was a poor game plan. Felt like Brohm was obligated to get Rondale the ball for the sake of getting Rondale the ball too many times last year.

I actually thought Purdue was much more balanced without Rondale, as if throwing the ball behind the LOS 20 times (like in the Nebraska game) was a poor game plan. Felt like Brohm was obligated to get Rondale the ball for the sake of getting Rondale the ball too many times last year.
I agree 100%. Why it feels like rondale isn't a loss.

Based on what? He was great at Purdue under Tiller? Hard to imagine Hagen didn't play a role in developing last years front 7 for iu.
Not sure where you get Hagen as a second coming type savior. He recruited one 4 star to IU, Beau Robbins, who has shown absolutely nothing in two years. Maybe Strickland goes to PU, but thinking Hagen is a great recruiter or a great coach is a questionable assumption based on facts. The D-line under Hagen at IU was most definitely not a strong part of the IU defenses he helped coach. But maybe he'll help Brohmbardi achieve his dream of a 6-6 season.

Why? I'm not here to predict rivalries. I thought iu was going to roll two years ago in a game Purdue should have probably won. Never know what happens. Also don't know who would have been playing for either team.
Very fortunate

Not sure where you get Hagen as a second coming type savior. He recruited one 4 star to IU, Beau Robbins, who has shown absolutely nothing in two years. Maybe Strickland goes to PU, but thinking Hagen is a great recruiter or a great coach is a questionable assumption based on facts. The D-line under Hagen at IU was most definitely not a strong part of the IU defenses he helped coach. But maybe he'll help Brohmbardi achieve his dream of a 6-6 season.
Weird that brohms dream season in your eyes is 6-6.

It's hard to say who all he was a part of recruiting. We will find out. He targeted 2 DE's for Purdue as the top 2 and got the first one, I guy that looks to have potential in Nic Caraway. Hagen made a lot of DLman money for Purdue under Tiller. That's why I think he's really good.

It's hard to say who all he was a part of recruiting. We will find out. He targeted 2 DE's for Purdue as the top 2 and got the first one, I guy that looks to have potential in Nic Caraway. Hagen made a lot of DLman money for Purdue under Tiller. That's why I think he's really good.
Dream season because he hasn't gotten there (won at least half of the games played) the last two seasons. Since I don't remember Hagen's defensive linemen at Purdue under Tiller, please refresh me who were the recruits/productive linemen he had 13+ years ago.

Nic Carraway didn't have even one other power five offer. This is Hagen's great recruit? Maybe, but but we'll see. I am guessing every single recruit PU gets is a great one according to you.

Nic Carraway didn't have even one other power five offer. This is Hagen's great recruit? Maybe, but but we'll see. I am guessing every single recruit PU gets is a great one according to you.
No P5 offers based on a rivals page? Doubt that's totally accurate. But na, I'm actually basing the fact that he got an invite to and accepted to play in the all American bowl after having great camps this summer on his potential as a really good recruit.

Dream season because he hasn't gotten there (won at least half of the games played) the last two seasons. Since I don't remember Hagen's defensive linemen at Purdue under Tiller, please refresh me who were the recruits/productive linemen he had 13+ years ago.
I pulled this from the Purdue website under his bio. "Purdue's defense saw 18 members selected in the National Football League Draft over the years – including first-round picks Ryan Kerrigan (2011) and Anthony Spencer (2007), second-round selections Kawann Short (2013), Mike Neal (2010) and Bernard Pollard (2006) and third-round draftees Alex Magee (2009), Cliff Avril (2008), Stuart Schweigert (2004), Gilbert Gardner (2004) and Landon Johnson (2004)."

Okay seriously who are the admins on here that keep muting me every time I post something even slightly negative about Purdue, this is getting ridiculous. I can't say that I would like to keep a forum topic about what the forum is captioned without getting blocked.

Admins, yall are pathetic, stop muting me every time some stupid purdue fan reports me for hurting their feelings.

Last edited:
This board was supposed to be people's thoughts/guesses on where Joe Strickland will commit to and has turned into a history lesson about Purdue's defensive ends. If you want to talk about Purdue go to the PU forum page, and create a forum entitled how amazing were the defensive ends we had in 2004, and to the Purdue fans that are here, don't be surprised when you see fans with a bias against Purdue, you are literally on PU's rival's forum page. The same can be said for IU fans who go over to Purdue's forums, fans are inherently not objective and trying to change the minds of your rival's fanbase is a waste of time.
I expect it. Not trying to prove anything. Just discussion really. I don't see the problem in it as I'm not attacking anyone or any program and there is literally nothing else to talk about big ten football wise right now. Oh, I did throw in a prediction, but like everyone else, no one knows.

It's fun to see opposing views and discuss it because it helps keep us level headed towards our own program.

He’s got things to do. Has to get this commitment business out of the way and get on with his busy day. For the record, think it will be PU. Hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: Hoosierfan1901
Unfortunately I think it will be PU as well. One element that does give me hope, with all his family ties, why would you delay making the decision and allow the suspense?

Based on all his twitter responses to IU recruits im feeling hes leaning IU. He replies with very subtle positive things when an IU recruit tweets at him

I think no one knows. But lots of positives towards IU side. But, PU’s side is very strong too. Still hoping for a leak, but he has kept it so tight

He earned an invite to the All American Bowl?

Well, he just posted a couple things on social media that ain't good: he wants to study Engineering, & he's looking forward to playing against Notre Dame. If those are true, which they ust be, it ain't gonna' be us. Unless he's just messing.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT