ADVERTISEMENT

Strickland Committing Thursday

I know how much excitement I feel for these decisions. I can’t imagine the pressure that is on the kid, to make their decision. Has to be a lot of wavering that they endure during this process.
Do I want to play for IU, winning team, great education and have a productive life or do I go to PU and live in misery? Just kidding Purdue fans.

I know how much excitement I feel for these decisions. I can’t imagine the pressure that is on the kid, to make their decision. Has to be a lot of wavering that they endure during this process.
Do I want to play for IU, winning team, great education and have a productive life or do I go to PU and live in misery? Just kidding Purdue fans.
Let me help. Go to Purdue and follow famy legacy and a 1st round pick at his position. Lol jk I have no idea which way this goes. I know he's developed a good relationship with George K and Hagen and Purdue has made up ground fast. No idea what the pick is though.

And I've heard others say he's interested in business school too. So there's no real edge in academics since Kelley & Krannert are both top business schools. Keep the fingers crossed, IU could use some marquee DL players.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Does anyone know how to get yourself unblocked from a certain teams forum? Lol I can't comment on the IU forums anymore, I can only edit previous comments so I would assume that someone reported an old comment. Probably a butthurt Purdue fan mad that I called them Purdon't.

Last edited:
I bet he has some legit IU interest given Tom Allen, strong D and Kelly/Informatics school.

But nothing will surprise me whichever he picks. As a reasonable person, he has three great academic options. IU is best FB potential option to me of the three right now.

Let me help. Go to Purdue and follow famy legacy and a 1st round pick at his position. Lol jk I have no idea which way this goes. I know he's developed a good relationship with George K and Hagen and Purdue has made up ground fast. No idea what the pick is though.
I think its the opposite. He's been a PU lean and IU has made up ground. With that said, I don't think IU has made up enough ground to cover and he goes with Purdue. It'll be a good pick up either way.

I think its the opposite. He's been a PU lean and IU has made up ground. With that said, I don't think IU has made up enough ground to cover and he goes with Purdue. It'll be a good pick up either way.
I agree, I think he was planning to commit to Purdue on July 4th before his IU visit, after the IU visit he decided to push it back to reevaluate again, but ultimately I think he will stick with Purdue.

Reactions: YOTHN
Idk theres a lot of twitter action right now from IU recruits that seem to be hinting him going to IU. Dasan tweeted his hourglass tweet and all but 1 commit has committed after hes done that. I feel dasans dad feeds him a lot of info and he seems to know ahead of time

Idk theres a lot of twitter action right now from IU recruits that seem to be hinting him going to IU. Dasan tweeted his hourglass tweet and all but 1 commit has committed after hes done that. I feel dasans dad feeds him a lot of info and he seems to know ahead of time
Who did he miss on? That might be instructive...

Who did he miss on? That might be instructive...
He missed on Jalen Marshall. After Dasan's post I would give it a soft lean to IU for Strickland, I think IU was clearly number one for Jalen Marshall after his OV to Bloomington, but he still had his Mizzou visit and that clearly blew him away. It's not like Joe still wants to take more visits, he has set a commitment date, so he clearly knows where he wants to go. Dasan doesn't normally post about an IUFB target unless he thinks their going to commit, e.g. he did not post about Zane Durant when Zane announced his commitment date even though he was clearly recruiting Zane really hard, Zane ended up commiting to Penn State. Dasan tends to do this with the guys he personally is recruiting(James Monds, DJ Moore, Carter Smith) and truthfully he is as in the know as anybody when it comes to IU recruiting, there were no CB's dropped on DJ Moore, the only hint I got that he was going to commit to IU before he actually did was from Dasan's social media. Strickland is keeping his commitment very well hidden, but if I had to pick one right now I'd go with IU.

My gut tells me it is close, but in the end Mark Hagen, George Karlaftis and Jeff Brohm plus strong family ties will prevail. I could see George staying an extra year to team with his Brother Yanni and Strickland on a very experienced and talented defense.

My gut tells me it is close, but in the end Mark Hagen, George Karlaftis and Jeff Brohm plus strong family ties will prevail. I could see George staying an extra year to team with his Brother Yanni and Strickland on a very experienced and talented defense.

I can’t see George bypassing being a first round draft pick to stay at Purdue another year.

I can’t see George bypassing being a first round draft pick to stay at Purdue another year.
I know you can’t. Do you know George? How many likely # 1 draft picks are actively and aggressively assisting in recruiting? How many have a younger brother they are very close to preparing to start his college career. How many top prospects are part of a family as closely tied to a Power 5 program. I think his decision, whatever it might be, could defy the normal odds.

I know you can’t. Do you know George? How many likely # 1 draft picks are actively and aggressively assisting in recruiting? How many have a younger brother they are very close to preparing to start his college career. How many top prospects are part of a family as closely tied to a Power 5 program. I think his decision, whatever it might be, could defy the normal odds.
I have no doubt those are important factors to his decision. But his window to make life changing money in football is very short. He is one fluke injury away from costing himself millions of dollars.

If he really is a day 1 or 2 NFL pick, and there's no reason to think he can't be, he would be crazy to turn that down.

In the end money ‘usually’ wins out.You make a good argument for staying but when it’s all said and done you have to take the money.Not doing so is a huge gamble in my opinion.

"Very experienced and talented defense" remains to be seen. Depth might be a bit of an issue.

"Very experienced and talented defense" remains to be seen. Depth might be a bit of an issue.
LOL, yea that was a bold statement, they may be “talented and experienced “ , but until they actually stop someone on the field, that is nothing but bravado. Yanni hasn’t played one down of college football, assuming he will be anything better than average is a stretch at this point.
All that said, not sure about Strickland at this point, but I’m afraid his family ties to Pu could very well win out here, nothing anyone can do about that. His visit here gave him plenty to think about, and the staff has done all they can do.

After they win 3 games this season, I doubt either Karlaftis will want to be there. Omg! I’m so worried about Mark Hagens recruiting! I can’t remember a single talented guy he got to Indiana in 2 stints!

LOL, yea that was a bold statement, they may be “talented and experienced “ , but until they actually stop someone on the field, that is nothing but bravado. Yanni hasn’t played one down of college football, assuming he will be anything better than average is a stretch at this point.
All that said, not sure about Strickland at this point, but I’m afraid his family ties to Pu could very well win out here, nothing anyone can do about that. His visit here gave him plenty to think about, and the staff has done all they can do.
And even though IU is trending much better than PU at the moment, let's be real and acknowledge he'll have a better chance of playing in the B1G championship game coming from the West than the East.

After they win 3 games this season, I doubt either Karlaftis will want to be there. Omg! I’m so worried about Mark Hagens recruiting! I can’t remember a single talented guy he got to Indiana in 2 stints!
That's something else I've thought about. Let's say PU turns full on dumpster fire this season & Brohm gets fired. If Strickland commits there does he rescind before early signing day? If he does, does IU still take him assuming CTA has the position "filled" on his list?

Reactions: vesuvius13 and td75
Ummm...what about Taiwan Mullen? It's almost the exact same situation. While I hope he stays to play with his brother, I would be very, very pleasantly surprised if he does.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Purdue wins more than 3. They are a better team than that. The defense has potential and depth, but do they have enough top end talent and can they come together in the new scheme quick enough. For as bad as they were last year, they were 2-0 with George and 8th in ppg allowed.

That's something else I've thought about. Let's say PU turns full on dumpster fire this season & Brohm gets fired. If Strickland commits there does he rescind before early signing day? If he does, does IU still take him assuming CTA has the position "filled" on his list?
I don't really see dumpster fire though. That's the issue. Purdue is the same team as Nebraska and Minnesota. Then again, you see a 10 win iu team and I see 7-8. So I get why you would say that. Hagen was a big get for Purdue and I like the defensive staff as a whole. Lots of proven experience.

Also, doubt Brohm gets fired. As mentioned before, should be a bit of a step forward this year. I'm guessing 6 wins.

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1
I don't really see dumpster fire though. That's the issue. Purdue is the same team as Nebraska and Minnesota. Then again, you see a 10 win iu team and I see 7-8. So I get why you would say that. Hagen was a big get for Purdue and I like the defensive staff as a whole. Lots of proven experience.

Also, doubt Brohm gets fired. As mentioned before, should be a bit of a step forward this year. I'm guessing 6 wins.
I've not predicted 10 wins for IU. I think it's POSSIBLE the same way I think a 9-3 PU season is possible. And I don't necessarily think PU is going to implode, I was asking as a hypothetical "what if" it happened. Although I do disagree that Brohm won't get fired if he somehow goes 3-9 at this point in his tenure.

I've not predicted 10 wins for IU. I think it's POSSIBLE the same way I think a 9-3 PU season is possible. And I don't necessarily think PU is going to implode, I was asking as a hypothetical "what if" it happened. Although I do disagree that Brohm won't get fired if he somehow goes 3-9 at this point in his tenure.
Purely from a financial aspect, I don't think 3 gets him fired. 2 or less, maybe, probably. I don't really see a scenario where they only win 2 though.

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1 and Bligedy

I said this when he was here, too. But I've never seen a more overrated coach and recruiter than Mark Hagen.

I said this when he was here, too. But I've never seen a more overrated coach and recruiter than Mark Hagen.
Based on what? He was great at Purdue under Tiller? Hard to imagine Hagen didn't play a role in developing last years front 7 for iu.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Purdue wins more than 3. They are a better team than that. The defense has potential and depth, but do they have enough top end talent and can they come together in the new scheme quick enough. For as bad as they were last year, they were 2-0 with George and 8th in ppg allowed.

Saying "more than 3" is not going out on a limb at all. DraftKings has the over/under for Purdue at 5. And Purdue was not as bad last year as their record indicates. I personally think Purdue surprises this year and wins 6 games, but one of the wins isn't against IU.

Saying "more than 3" is not going out on a limb at all. DraftKings has the over/under for Purdue at 5. And Purdue was not as bad last year as their record indicates. I personally think Purdue surprises this year and wins 6 games, but one of the wins isn't against IU.
I know it isn't. I have them winning 6 as well. Imo, Purdue was close last year. Better than record, I agree. Should be another step forward. I see two losses. OSU and ND.

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1
Ummm...what about Taiwan Mullen? It's almost the exact same situation. While I hope he stays to play with his brother, I would be very, very pleasantly surprised if he does.
Mullen isn't a lock Day 1 or even Day 2 draft pick like Karlaftis is. Would be extremely foolish of George to hang around an additional year on the whim that he may play with his brother (who I don't even think is that good to begin with) as a RS Freshman. I wouldn't even call it out of the question to see Karlaftis opt out of the season in the event things go south and there's even a hint of the injury bug. I've seen George as high as 6th in some recent mock drafts.

Mitch Daniels isn't requiring vaccines so they have the same "out" they did last season in avoiding a game with IU.

Mullen isn't a lock Day 1 or even Day 2 draft pick like Karlaftis is. Would be extremely foolish of George to hang around an additional year on the whim that he may play with his brother (who I don't even think is that good to begin with) as a RS Freshman. I wouldn't even call it out of the question to see Karlaftis opt out of the season in the event things go south and there's even a hint of the injury bug. I've seen George as high as 6th in some recent mock drafts.
Opting out would not do anything for his draft position. But sticking around to play 1 season with little bro would be absolutely foolish.

I really love my brothers. But I love the idea of becoming financially secure at 22 years old more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT