ADVERTISEMENT

Street buskers: Some great performances

I've always been blown away by the talent floating around on street corners in Nashville when I've visited. Some of those performers are amazing!

(and yes, I meant musical... haven't experienced the other there, but I'd imagine they have good talent in that area too, with all the wannabe stars down there!).

Yeap. Occasionally a few make it -- Ed Sheeran, who is quite a popular singer at the moment was a busker.

Most of those I posted are in London. They can still make a decent living buskering -- folks are quite appreciative of their talents and are generous.

Or this Pink Floyd song in Rome:

No, you seem to like golf too!
Your proverbial jack of all trades and master of none. I have lived in four countries, three continents so my interests are quite varied.
Fyi. I am 13 time zones ahead of you at the moment. About to sleep.

Last edited:
Reactions: largemouth
I wasn't familiar with the term "busker'. So I learned something today.:)
I do like street performers.

This is slightly off topic from the original subject, but sometimes,even for a street busker, your wildest dreams can come true. The guy in this video recounted what it was like when Bruce suddenly appeared back on that 1988 day in Copenhagen when he appeared in the "Springsteen and I" fan documentary a few years back...

Reactions: largemouth
Joni immortalized one particular street performer that she observed one day while crossing a busy street in (presumably NYC). She lamented the fact that no one paid any attention to him, while at the same time admitting that she was too preoccupied to do so either. The studio version (off of Ladies of the Canyon) culminates in a clarinet solo- the musician she observed played clarinet...

"Nobody stopped to hear him
Though he played so sweet and high
They knew he had never
Been on their T.V.
So they passed his music by
I meant to go over and ask for a song
Maybe put on a harmony
I heard his refrain
As the signal changed
He was playing real good, for free"

Reactions: tooold4
saw some guys set up on the courthouse side corner of 6th & Walnut maybe 10 days ago. (evening)

2 sax, small electric guitar, minimal drum set.

they did a great job.

Reactions: kkott
Joni immortalized one particular street performer that she observed one day while crossing a busy street in (presumably NYC). She lamented the fact that no one paid any attention to him, while at the same time admitting that she was too preoccupied to do so either. The studio version (off of Ladies of the Canyon) culminates in a clarinet solo- the musician she observed played clarinet...

"Nobody stopped to hear him
Though he played so sweet and high
They knew he had never
Been on their T.V.
So they passed his music by
I meant to go over and ask for a song
Maybe put on a harmony
I heard his refrain
As the signal changed
He was playing real good, for free"

Cosmic have you seen this former busker singing "Carey"?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT