ADVERTISEMENT

Strange how the overnight travel…

Notre Dame played with real heart. They are well coached. They can hit 3's. At this point in the season they are much better than IU - just the way it is. Wish it weren't so but it is. IU never got better. Ok, we won a couple in the BIG tourney, but really never improved. Same old starting lineup with no improvement. The travel excuse is just that, an excuse.
Indeed it is. Not sure why they are needed but to some they are. Makes them feel better I guess. Happened under crean also

Part of that is because Alabama sucks donkey balls. And Nate Oats can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. So glad we didn't pursue him. He won't be at Alabama much longer. Herb Jones covered a lot of their deficiencies last year.

They have to be the easiest prep I've ever seen. They don't run anything. Four guys standing around the three point line. No movement, no screening, no cutting. Total joke of an offense. He's like George from "Hoosiers." "Can't score unless you shoot."
So basically we would have killed them. Once again we got screwed. The ncaa clearly has it in for us. We just cant catch a break.

I am the one who said the plane issue had an effect. Two + hours stuck on a tarmac, switch planes then fly to Portland and getting in at 5am or so. (8 et) has a huge effect on one’s body. The flight issues compounded the 5g in 8 days effect.
I will give you that as a bigger factor than had they planned to take off at the time they did and got in at that time The uncertaintiy factors and all. Wouldve made me a little nervous from the story I read about it .There were many factors, mostly we played a team that likely regardless of rest is going to beat us 8/9 out of 10 times. Not by 30 but they would win the majority

Everybody that has responded to you? IU didn’t lose because of a late flight. They got their assess beat by a better team. Acting like playing 5 games in a week didn’t play a part is nonsense and comparing ND’s situation to Indiana’s is even dumber because it’s not comparable. ND had an entire week off between their conference tournament and play-in game (Wed to Wed). IU played four freaking games in that said time frame.
So without fatigue we’re better than the Gaels??

So you get even by ripping apart the mentally challenge??? Tsk tsk. You should be ashamed of yourself
Soccer Sammy, you have now been on a 24 roll of hot takes. I think this board has beat the fatigue issue to death. No one is changing their mind.

I'm going to admit something I'm not proud of. Your screen name alone annoys me. SoccerSammy seems so childish. Like FootballFreddie or BaseballBilly. Your name is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Your posting of late is too.

Soccer Sammy, you have now been on a 24 roll of hot takes. I think this board has beat the fatigue issue to death. No one is changing their mind.

I'm going to admit something I'm not proud of. Your screen name alone annoys me. SoccerSammy seems so childish. Like FootballFreddie or BaseballBilly. Your name is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Your posting of late is too.
My son created my screen name when he was about 8 years old. His name is Sam. He loved soccer. GFY

Well, I asked it in again in the post you responded to and FYI, you answer the question not ask.
Damn, drinking tonight?
This thread is starting to look like the water cooler. Usually its kurt coverdale drinking and posting gibberish on here.

Reactions: Crayfish57
The plane fiasco simply caused us to lose by 29 points instead of 20 points had we been very well rested. All the preparation in the world, all the rest in the world -IU still loses this game by big double digits.
Why?
Simple - across the board, every position, St. Mary’s had better personnel. Our guys are not at SMC’s level. Period. If these teams played 10 times, IU would struggle to win maybe a couple if they were having an off night, St. Mary’s that is.

Reactions: bailey777
The plane fiasco simply caused us to lose by 29 points instead of 20 points had we been very well rested. All the preparation in the world, all the rest in the world -IU still loses this game by big double digits.
Why?
Simple - across the board, every position, St. Mary’s had better personnel. Our guys are not at SMC’s level. Period. If these teams played 10 times, IU would struggle to win maybe a couple if they were having an off night, St. Mary’s that is.
Not a popular opinion but basically true. Though I think we could we easily be close to them with some shooters. But we are simply easy to figure out and that has nothing to do with being tired. They knew exactly what we were going to do with TJD and planned for it and we had zero answers. Not one answer. If TJD cant dominate down low we are done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT