Nov 20, 2009
Verdell Jones
Tom Pritchard
Derek Elston
Christian Watford
Jordan Hulls
Will Sheehey
Yogi Ferrell

That's it. Roth, Hartman, Moore, Barnett, Wayer and Creek do not count because they either did not use up their eligibility, or were not 4 year scholarship players.

If one wants to consider why IU has struggled 3 out the past 4 seasons, look no further than this simple fact because most successful basketball teams have a number of seniors.

Yeah, that's some new material. And really, who cares what those who doubt the wisdom think? Does it have to be justified to them?

Verdell Jones
Tom Pritchard
Derek Elston
Christian Watford
Jordan Hulls
Will Sheehey
Yogi Ferrell

That's it. Roth, Hartman, Moore, Barnett, Wayer and Creek do not count because they either did not use up their eligibility, or were not 4 year scholarship players.

If one wants to consider why IU has struggled 3 out the past 4 seasons, look no further than this simple fact because most successful basketball teams have a number of seniors.
I would like to see stats of other teams. I just think its more about the changing of times than anything. I dont care if he didnt have any 4 year players or a 100, he just didnt win enough and consistently enough and thats the reason he was fired.

I just want to root for solid ball on both ends of the floor. And he wasn't providing that.

344th out of 351 NCAA D1 teams in Turnover percentage with 2 McD AA and in year 9 at IU is completely unacceptable. That is a reflection on the coaching staff''s lack of fundamentals and style of play. Giving the opposing team 20 to 30 points a game is too much to overcome against good competition. Which is why IU won against teams with RPIs in the 300 range while still commithing 20+ turnovers while it loses games nearly every time against teams that value the basketball and limit possessions such as Wisconsin and Butler, who I view as playing smart, fundamental, well coached basketball, that wins close games against good competition. Coach Creans focus on offense at the expense of team defense means there was weakness on both ends of the court against good competition. And why Coach Cream could never advance beyond the Sweet 16 even with superior talent and at one point in the season the #1 ranked team in the country. His playing philosophy was deeply flawed and will likey never allow any of his team's to ever win a National Title.

Last edited:
Reactions: pumpfake
It's not an original thought, but one I've held for several years: there are two routes to success in today's college BB world - 1) a team with mature, solid upper classmen mixed with younger (perhaps more talented) players or 2) a revolving door of elite recruits each year. We failed at #1 as the OP lists, and recruiting was never on a level to take approach #2. Examples: 1 - Wisky, Butler. 2- UK, KU

Creans gone. Who cares now. I just want to forget about it and move on with the new coach. Nice to be excited about iubball again.

Now let's go get Stevens or Donovan and wake up this sleeping giant. I'm betting other schools are shakin in their boots

Reactions: Wwyork

Adding to that, IU fans get to watch Stan, Emmitt and Hanner play in the NCAA tourney. ugh. I know they had to go and were distractions but still... UGH! Says a lot about the health of the program under Crean.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT