ADVERTISEMENT

Archie's Year 4 Team vs. Crean's Year 4 Team

Crean was a horrible hire. They chose him over Lon Kruger. Now Kruger is no Bob Knight but he’s a decent coach that took Oklahoma to a Final Four. He’d likely still be our Head Coach and had some decent success. I doubt we would’ve won a title by now but the last 12 years would’ve been somewhat consistently enjoyable.
Just think if we had gotten Kruger over Calvin Samscum?

First of all, it’s “Kelvin”. Secondly, what kind of a Christian refers to another person as “scum”?
Of course I am calling him his name wrong. I am all for forgiveness but it has to be asked for. I've been very consistent on this issue. Has he asked the IU fan base for forgiveness? If he did I would gladly give it. But he has not. He wrecked our program in just 1 1/2 yrs and couldn't even say he was sorry for it?

Of course I am calling him his name wrong. I am all for forgiveness but it has to be asked for. I've been very consistent on this issue. Has he asked the IU fan base for forgiveness? If he did I would gladly give it. But he has not. He wrecked our program in just 1 1/2 yrs and couldn't even say he was sorry for it?
Yet you’re a supposed Christian who refers to another person as “scum”, right?

He was scum to us. What is wrong with calling out bad behavior?
Nothing wrong with calling out bad behavior. A lot is wrong with masquerading as a Christian while calling another person
”scum”, especially when his missteps are related to coaching college basketball.

Nothing wrong with calling out bad behavior. A lot is wrong with masquerading as a Christian while calling another person
”scum”, especially when his missteps are related to coaching college basketball.
Jesus called out the unrepentant Pharisees calling them, "brood of vipers" etc. I would think as an IU fan you are mad at him for what he did to our program. I know I am. But as I said if he asked for forgiveness I would give it.

Jesus called out the unrepentant Pharisees calling them, "brood of vipers" etc. I would think as an IU fan you are mad at him for what he did to our program. I know I am. But as I said if he asked for forgiveness I would give it.
Sampson was hardly that. But your fury and inability to forgive, especially for the sin of breaking a college basketball rule, exposes you as a faux Christian.

Sampson was hardly that. But your fury and inability to forgive, especially for the sin of breaking a college basketball rule, exposes you as a faux Christian.
Oh good lord, he was texting too much, recruiting. It's now all legal, not like he was sending dick-picks

Reactions: JB_Nomee
I just said I would be willing to forgive him. Has he asked? In fact I have said this about three times. You obviously didn't read that part.
That’s not the issue. You refer to another person as “scum” because he broke a recruiting rule. Christians don’t do that and, if they do, they feel bad, stop, and seek forgiveness. You do it defiantly and essentially blame KS for your conduct. That’s hardly a Christian thing to do.

That’s not the issue. You refer to another person as “scum” because he broke a recruiting rule. Christians don’t do that and, if they do, they feel bad, stop, and seek forgiveness. You do it defiantly and essentially blame KS for your conduct. That’s hardly a Christian thing to do.
I'm really calling him scum for not apologizing for it. Just think about how he has affected thousands of people he doesn't know. We IU fans suffered because of him. And the guy can't even say he was sorry? Yeah, I call that being scum. Call him scummy, scum like. But in no way can you defend him.

I'm really calling him scum for not apologizing for it. Just think about how he has affected thousands of people he doesn't know. We IU fans suffered because of him. And the guy can't even say he was sorry? Yeah, I call that being scum. Call him scummy, scum like. But in no way can you defend him.
In other words, you’re defiantly ”un-Christian” in your conduct, right? And you’re blaming him for your conduct, as you acknowledge in your post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT