ADVERTISEMENT

Starting QB for 3-0 UNLV refuses to play anymore this season…..

As a side note, it seems some schools have not so great reputations with their NIL promises, and I would guess players/agents are well aware of who they are.

I've never heard of any issues with our collectives. Seems basic but I suspect it makes a difference that players know offers from IU are solid and get paid out.

Last edited:
Reactions: midwolfe
Some of these schools probably don't have the money that they initially promised. They certainly don't have the mega TV contracts like the BT and SEC or the very large alumni/booster bases in which to drum up NIL cash from.

NIL is also ripe for fraud and skimming...I don't care for NIL because you are buying a team. It certainly cheapens the experience, IMO.

So the NCAA grants a red shirt year now for non-payment? I guess as long as he doesn't play the number of games. Doesn't the school have to apply? Or is it the player? Maybe the school will anyway to not be part of the kid getting ripped off. Just wondering, clearly I know zilch about red-shirting.

Some of these schools probably don't have the money that they initially promised. They certainly don't have the mega TV contracts like the BT and SEC or the very large alumni/booster bases in which to drum up NIL cash from.

NIL is also ripe for fraud and skimming...I don't care for NIL because you are buying a team. It certainly cheapens the experience, IMO.

What does the TV contract have to do with this situation?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT