ADVERTISEMENT

Starbucks

snarlcakes

All-American
Sep 9, 2009
@mcmurtry66 Starbucks is getting its a#% handed to them. The consumer is starting to look shaky. Don’t worry, you don’t deserve lattes and crab legs 😁

Reactions: Bill4411
Our little Starbucks is always busy, no matter time of day.

Local shops is where it's at. I'd rather pay for an over priced drink from a local that I'll see at the bar later then some corporation that doesn't care.
The ubiquity of sbx is their hook. You get hooked on a certain drink and that’s it. I have gotten the exact same drink for 25 years.

Interestingly my favorite one is opening back up as a licensed sbx which is a little odd

The ubiquity of sbx is their hook. You get hooked on a certain drink and that’s it. I have gotten the exact same drink for 25 years.

Interestingly my favorite one is opening back up as a licensed sbx which is a little odd

I can get the same cold white mocha with an extra shot with no whip from just about any coffee shop around.

Local shops is where it's at. I'd rather pay for a over priced drink from a local that I'll see at the bar later then some corporation that doesn't care.
I live in a college town where there are a lot of hoops to jump through to get a national chain in the uptown area. Two places that have successfully navigated those hoops/red tape are Starbucks and Chipoltle. When students are in town, those are typically the busiest places during the day.

Reactions: larsIU
I live in a college town where there are a lot of hoops to jump through to get a national chain in the uptown area. Two places that have successfully navigated those hoops/red tape are Starbucks and Chipoltle. When students are in town, those are typically the busiest places during the day.
I remember the sbx by the gables always had the windows blown out

Last week my daughter ordered some drink before school and it was almost $9. I told her no more of those. Absurd
My daughter gets drinks like that too. On occasion I'll take her there. I get a regular coffee with some oat milk in it and she gets whatever she gets. I orders are consistently north of $10-$11, which is stupid.

My daughter gets drinks like that too. On occasion I'll take her there. I get a regular coffee with some oat milk in it and she gets whatever she gets. I orders are consistently north of $10-$11, which is stupid.

I made my daughter get a job (not really, she wanted it) so she buys her own Starbbies.

Oat milk? There is no such thing. It’s oat juice.

My stoker loves all the latte foamy stuff. I get either tall/ grande drip or tall/ grande cold brew. Occasionally green tea or flat white. I actually really like the coffee for coffee sake. Very consistent.

But the only real reason to go to Starbucks is pumpkin loaf.

Reactions: larsIU and jet812
It is not just Starbucks, look at Yum Brands (taco bell, ect), Tesla, Iphone sales........don't know many companies having incredible first quarters..........maybe it is just me, but i am just fatigued.....maybe i will try what Dave Attell did and see how many baby carrots a goat can eat out of my ass.

• Love
Reactions: UncleMark

Local shops is where it's at. I'd rather pay for a over priced drink from a local that I'll see at the bar later then some corporation that doesn't care.

I don't get this POV for this context. They are charging the same, if not higher prices, for a less consistent drink IMO.

Starbucks has always been a higher paying job with good benefits, compared to most QSR and fast food alternatives. Are its employees not also part of the local community?

Last week my daughter ordered some drink before school and it was almost $9. I told her no more of those. Absurd

Their prices have gotten too egregious for some drinks. I still go, but not as much as I used to.

They've also cut back on their star promotions, which was one of their biggest draws. To me, that is a dangerous marketing change and its clearly reducing behavior.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
@mcmurtry66 Starbucks is getting its a#% handed to them. The consumer is starting to look shaky. Don’t worry, you don’t deserve lattes and crab legs 😁

If we complain about the rising prices we are told that it really isn't that bad. We are doing well, but we just don't realize it. The experts tell us we are doing well. But then I see in some places in the country McDonalds meals can cost $17. McDonalds? We can't afford McDonalds anymore. And the, "we" I am talking about is us regular folks.

Reactions: snarlcakes
I don't get this POV for this context. They are charging the same, if not higher prices, for a less consistent drink IMO.

Starbucks has always been a higher paying job with good benefits, compared to most QSR and fast food alternatives. Are its employees not also part of the local community?

The prices are very similar. Drinks are on par with Starbucks as well, IMO.

Of course the employees are local, but who's more likely to shut their doors, the local coffee shop or corporate Starbucks?

The prices are very similar. Drinks are on par with Starbucks as well, IMO.

Of course the employees are local, but who's more likely to shut their doors, the local coffee shop or corporate Starbucks?

Actually, the local shops go out of business all of the time. I've never seen a Starbucks go out of business in my area, though it must happen somewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT