ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Portal

DT Brandon Lane, 6-3, 300lbs. from So. Dakota St. has entered the portal. Cal., WV, Ky all have offered besides the good guys, Indiana.
In addition to Brandon Lane, IU is exploring other DL options: These according TOS, Carlos Allen, Kennesaw St., Javon Denis, Georgia St., Savio Frazier, Mercer, Lattrell Jean, Fla. Atl., Tyrique Tucker, JMU, & CJ West, Kent St.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
That stinks
Another departure, this time OL Josh Witt. Believe he was a walk on. So as of today our list of departures are:

Broc Lowry
Derric Bohler
Declan McMahon (Belt status Unknown)
Josh Witt

Guess you could add Howland, Laing, Perry and Blidi but they entered before the official starting period.
My count so far is that 9 scholarship players have hit the portal since the Spring practices started: Blidi, Perry, Laing, Howland, Lowry, Bohler, Miller, Minor & Jefferies. Am I missing any?

Luke Burgress from New Palestine In. OT Louisville is in the portal.

Being an Indiana boy, anyone have any hot takes ?

Reactions: red hornet
Not sure how many scholarships we have available, but Coach Cignetti talked about using those on defense, especially the interior DL & DB.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Hot take, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sneed hit the portal. He was right in front of us during the Spring Game with two other guys. He could not have looked any more disinterested in the goings on.

Maybe he was hurt, IDK. But maybe there’ll be room for another schollie.

Can't say I'm surprised by this one. After watching the Spring Game, I think he might have had one carry with the 3's so he wasn't going to see the field. Not with how good the incoming backs looked. Wish him the best.
Can't be too surprised. He never did break through or even play that much. His speed must have been evaluated out as track speed and unable to make it an advantage in FB.

In other portal news…..

Daeh McCollough has transferred out of Oklahoma to Louisville. That makes his 3rd school in about 2 years.

Burgess will have suitors. He was offered under the old IU regime.

Brohm had 28 guys transfer out and is bringing in 26 right now.

Laing landed at Eastern Michigan.

Kamryn Perry, alongside two guys from Purdue, landed at Miami OH.

Blidi landed at Auburn.

Anthony Jones landed at Michigan State. This is like his fifth school since first committing to Texas, then Oregon, then IU, then Oregon State.

Ouch. Kobe Minor has now entered the Portal. This one hurts as I thought he was one of our better options at CB. Wonder how much his brother leaving went into the decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
Strange move for Minor. He is entrenched as a starter for a P5 school. He can transfer to another P5 school and likely be in the rotation, at best. Or he can go to a smaller school and be entrenched as the starter. There very well could be other details or circumstances but following his brother seems like the most logical......while also still being illogical at the same time.

Wondering if that is what the JMU corner went into the portal
I would hope not.

That would seem to presume that Minor felt that we had a silent verbal from the JMU corner and that CCC 2.0 was just going to hand him the starting spot, which would be completely opposite of what he says about no spot being given but earned through competition.

Although I would guess CCC 2.0 is definitely after the JMU CB now, if he wasn't before.

Reactions: red hornet
Strange move for Minor. He is entrenched as a starter for a P5 school. He can transfer to another P5 school and likely be in the rotation, at best. Or he can go to a smaller school and be entrenched as the starter. There very well could be other details or circumstances but following his brother seems like the most logical......while also still being illogical at the same time.
Some very good players put their name into the portal to increase their NIL bargaining power with their current team. If that is what he is doing, I’d bet CCC won’t bite…would set a bad precedent.

Some very good players put their name into the portal to increase their NIL bargaining power with their current team. If that is what he is doing, I’d bet CCC won’t bite…would set a bad precedent.
Probably depends on how much he wants him back.

CCC 2.0 said he treated players that entered portal the same as any other in the portal. He went after those he wanted and closed the door on those that entered that he didn't want.

Basically made it a gamble to enter the transfer portal because their seat at the table isn't guaranteed if they change their mind.

Probably depends on how much he wants him back.

CCC 2.0 said he treated players that entered portal the same as any other in the portal. He went after those he wanted and closed the door on those that entered that he didn't want.

Basically made it a gamble to enter the transfer portal because their seat at the table isn't guaranteed if they change their mind.
Good point

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT