ADVERTISEMENT

Spartans at it again!!!

Some serious punishment needs to be handed out before a even more serious incident happens. People keep pushing the limits so if limits are set and held it will get much worse soon.

Reactions: IUgradman and 76-1
Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you Harbaugh! Same thing happened with PSU earlier in the season. Perhaps UM might do something about that tunnel. Btw, Purdue is spending millions on a tunnel that will eliminate an unsafe logjam of fans and players when games end at R-A.

Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you Harbaugh! Same thing happened with PSU earlier in the season. Perhaps UM might do something about that tunnel. Btw, Purdue is spending millions on a tunnel that will eliminate an unsafe logjam of fans and players when games end at R-A.
UM #1 went with the MSU pack and was probably talking shit.

Couple of Spartys need to face assault charges though. They won't.

Reactions: vesuvius13
This shouldn't happen, and I hope those involved get at least a season long if not career ending suspension. You can take the BRO out of the Hood but You can't take the Hood out of the BRO (right Mel Tucker?). The big Ten and NCAA have to insist that Michigan reconstruct and/or move the Visitors Locker Room to provide a separate entrance. I don't know what the logistics are and the cost, or how many seats it may cost them, but here is why I nit needs to happen.

The NCAA has taken steps to try to better protect players during play over the past 10 years- Concussion recognition treatment and protocol, high hits and targeting penalties, making it almost impossible to sack a Quarterback unless You hit him between the 6th and 7th Ribs, and if You are a Defensive Back, You can barely run with a receiver and breath on him on a long pattern without getting a PI call.

If You want to protect the Players during play then the NCAA must insist that Schools also provide adequate Security for them around the Stadium including correcting a Structural Situation that has contributed to two highly publicized incidents in a period of several weeks.

Nothing going to happen here. Who are we kidding? Warren and Tucker are good friends. They won’t do jack shit. It will be passed off as a heated rivalry game.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jim-ha...on-with-michigan-state-players-043455272.html

Im sure the MIch player involved deserved it, but there better be some fines, suspensions, and arrests made from this!

This new video shows a 2nd UM player, without a helmet, getting beaten by a MSU guy using his helmet as a weapon. Scary stuff.

Second Michigan football player shown getting roughed up, hit with helmet in video

It was a mere 14 days ago the UM-PSU situation occurred. Clearly this is an issue which needs to be corrected immediately upon the end of this season; and temporary measures need to be in place the remainder of this season.

Good on Purdue for their efforts with a tunnel. It is, however, a shame a university full of engineers can't find a way to put a locker room inside a stadium.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Mel Tucker said he wasn't aware of any altercation. I wonder who that in the green shirt is then?

Reactions: 76-1
I think it's silly to blame the tunnel. Guys should have enough restraint and self-control not to assault someone who said something disagreeable (or whatever happened). And let's not be naive, there are bad apples on every team in America. Tucker should really drop the hammer because fair or not it's ultimately a reflection of his leadership.

I think it's silly to blame the tunnel. Guys should have enough restraint and self-control not to assault someone who said something disagreeable (or whatever happened). And let's not be naive, there are bad apples on every team in America. Tucker should really drop the hammer because fair or not it's ultimately a reflection of his leadership.
I agree with the fact that You don't blame the Tunnel, you blame the bad actors involved. My point in my post is that if the NCAA is so intent on protecting Players from unnecessary risk and injury on the field, then They should be looking at protecting them off the field at the venue. Did this take place on the 50 yard line in front of 100,000 people. no it took place in the tunnel. The relative privacy and protection of the Tunnel no doubt emboldened the perpetrators.
To my knowledge, Michigan is the only team in the Big Ten with this type of arrangement for Locker Room access. Off the top of my head I can't think of another Stadium in Major College Football that is set up this way.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I agree with the fact that You don't blame the Tunnel, you blame the bad actors involved. My point in my post is that if the NCAA is so intent on protecting Players from unnecessary risk and injury on the field, then They should be looking at protecting them off the field at the venue. Did this take place on the 50 yard line in front of 100,000 people. no it took place in the tunnel. The relative privacy and protection of the Tunnel no doubt emboldened the perpetrators.
To my knowledge, Michigan is the only team in the Big Ten with this type of arrangement for Locker Room access. Off the top of my head I can't think of another Stadium in Major College Football that is set up this way.
For sure, that arrangement is not ideal. Maybe they should only allow one team at a time through.

For sure, that arrangement is not ideal. Maybe they should only allow one team at a time through.
Even the High School where I coached had two entrances. The worse part was MSU players reverting to fighting like they were on the street kicking people in the head and body.

Too think LEO isn't needed LEO has nothing to do with being soft but maybe getting players to think about their actions.

Last edited:
It was a mere 14 days ago the UM-PSU situation occurred. Clearly this is an issue which needs to be corrected immediately upon the end of this season; and temporary measures need to be in place the remainder of this season.

Good on Purdue for their efforts with a tunnel. It is, however, a shame a university full of engineers can't find a way to put a locker room inside a stadium.
They have a state of the art football li

When there are two incidents in two weeks, with the same problem being intermixing two squads in a confined space after an intense contest, the single access from the field sure as hell does create the potential for problems. in A stadium that is about 100 years old and holds 107,000
people sure has hosted lots of games and apparently suddenly has become an issue.

They have a state of the art football li

When there are two incidents in two weeks, with the same problem being intermixing two squads in a confined space after an intense contest, the single access from the field sure as hell does create the potential for problems. in A stadium that is about 100 years old and holds 107,000
people sure has hosted lots of games and apparently suddenly has become an issue.
The stadium hasn’t changed, the players and coaches have.

• Love
Reactions: ulrey
Off the top of my head I can't think of another Stadium in Major College Football that is set up this way.

both Michigan State and Rutgers (in the B10 alone) have stadium setups that see both teams using the same access point to the field.

What does a tunnel have to do with it..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT