ADVERTISEMENT

Sorsby in the portal

So, all the other programs are drooling over and throwing large NIL deals toward everyone on our 3-9 roster? Interesting.

Then I guess we'll recruit from the thousand great players in the portal from all the other coaching changes. Because apparently when a coach leaves, everybody leaves.
Ask Colorado..
4-8.

Reactions: Bligedy
Soon or late...The roster will amount to about ten bodies after the exodus.
I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised at this. It's pretty common ( and reasonable) for players to look after their own self interest when the coach they chose to play for leaves or gets canned. Remember how many IU players entered the portal when Archie Miller was fired ( including TJD). Players don't want to be trapped in a system that does not suit them or playing for a staff they don't want to play for. I don't blame kids a bit for being prudent. Every new coach at every school is going to have to re-recruit current players - it's part of the landscape now.

I would also add that replacing players from a 3-9 team that has won 3 conferernce games in the past three years isn't exactly terrifying to me as a fan.

I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised at this. It's pretty common ( and reasonable) for players to look after their own self interest when the coach they chose to play for leaves or gets canned. Remember how many IU players entered the portal when Archie Miller was fired ( including TJD). Players don't want to be trapped in a system that does not suit them or playing for a staff they don't want to play for. I don't blame kids a bit for being prudent. Every new coach at every school is going to have to re-recruit current players - it's part of the landscape now.

I would also add that replacing players from a 3-9 team that has won 3 conferernce games in the past three years isn't exactly terrifying to me as a fan.
Yep, throw those who might stay under the bus..that'll land those 5 and 6* studs..

Sorsby is worth recruiting. He's a solid, proven player. At the most important position, And just in his first year of playing experience.

I had figured once our coach is in place they may recruit him. But not at those levels, But it shows what IU is up against in booster money.

I don't blame the young man if the nos are true. Maybe he'll find a more stable spot.

This is why getting a coach as quickly as possible is important. Need to recruit the current players worth keeping.

IU doesn’t have a single program changing/program making player on the roster. Whoever leaves, let ‘em leave. Concentrate on making the best coaching hire for IU. I mean, we’ll probably eff around and hire someone with no head coaching experience and an overall underwhelming resume, but it’s nice to dream.

IU doesn’t have a single program changing/program making player on the roster. Whoever leaves, let ‘em leave. Concentrate on making the best coaching hire for IU. I mean, we’ll probably eff around and hire someone with no head coaching experience and an overall underwhelming resume, but it’s nice to dream.
McCulley is a game changer. I disagree. He should get some money.

There’s always the possibility that our new coach can get some players including a QB out of the 1,000+ kids that will be in the portal.
We supposedly got the 15th rated portal class last year on the heels of 2 awful seasons and a coach on a simmering seat.
It’s free agency now. Kids will go damn near anyplace if you pay them.

There’s always the possibility that our new coach can get some players including a QB out of the 1,000+ kids that will be in the portal.
We supposedly got the 15th rated portal class last year on the heels of 2 awful seasons and a coach on a simmering seat.
It’s free agency now. Kids will go damn near anyplace if you pay them.
15th best portal class?? Got us a bunch of wins?? Ha

McCulley is a game changer. I disagree. He should get some money.
With our record, I wouldn’t argue we had any game changers, but we can agree to disagree. I think we had some decent players that looked real good when on a team with a lot of not-so-good players. Sort of like a kinda fat chick who hangs out with mega fat chicks to make herself look a little better.

With our record, I wouldn’t argue we had any game changers, but we can agree to disagree. I think we had some decent players that looked real good when on a team with a lot of not-so-good players. Sort of like a kinda fat chick who hangs out with mega fat chicks to make herself look a little better.
Take our the beer googles, McCulley is a stud.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
This is why getting a coach as quickly as possible is important. Need to recruit the current players worth keeping.

This is the process today. There will be a ton in the portal that the new coach has to weed through.

Sorsby may be worth keeping but where the hell is he going but to a smaller program?

This is the process today. There will be a ton in the portal that the new coach has to weed through.

Sorsby may be worth keeping but where the hell is he going but to a smaller program?
They need to somehow keep Sorsby in town. He's got potential to win games with experience and better coaching.

Of course the new coach will certainly have to mine the portal for a quality transfer QB, too.

Reactions: midwolfe
Meh. I would have expected a mass exodus if Allen had returned. I would have thought players would wait to see who the new coach would be. The roster needed a courtesy flush. Losing culture needs to change. Most stood like statues on the sideline and rarely cheered on their team mates.

I'm good with burning the whole thing down and starting over. This team was just not very good. Unfortunately, these guys have become accustomed to losing after 3 terrible years. Sometimes it is just easier to bring in new blood.

The worst thing we could do is pay guys big dollars that don't really want to be here.

Sorsby played like he had one foot out the door on Saturday. If he puts in anywhere close to a decent performance, we win the game easy. You don't win many games when your QB throws 3 INTs.

Allegedly, Cincinnati and OK State are two of the bidders (I mean recruiters…LOL)

Reactions: 76-1
Thanks to the NCAA this is the new normal.
They are going to lose and gain players in the portal no matter who the coach is.
Sorby is not a great loss and not surprising.
The new coach will most likely bring in his own QB anyway.
Wut?
The NCAA is an empty suit. The SCOTUS destroyed amateur sports in 2021.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT