ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry, I know we're just about RFRA'd out here, but check it

IU_Cramer

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2001
I know several posters were here stating that no-business would come out and actually say they would discriminate against someone due to this bill, whelp, here comes the first one! Check the link, and right near my backyard for the poster who was adamant at the start that I was some elitiest "Indy-Bloomingtonite" (aka liberal) who didn't know the "other" side of Indiana.

No Pizza for Gay Weddings!

Ever been to Walkerton?

lol

This post was edited on 4/1 12:13 PM by UTFO

You been to a lot of weddings with Pizza?

Cramer, this is not the best troll attempt I have ever seen.

Actually if you look up the Yelp Reviews this was one point made

And I'm sure Cap could come in and reiterate this point, but someone stated that no self-respecting gay couple would serve pizza and a wedding, and I'm sure that is the case. However I was just pointing out, contrary to what some here had stated, that there is indeed a business who's come out and basically said, if you're gay, we don't want your business.

A time or two, yes

Right in my neck of the woods growing up.

That is not what they said.

They only said if you are wanting pizza for your gay wedding ...

They had no problem with daily service.

smh

How is it against someone's religion to serve food

to a homosexual's wedding?

This post was edited on 4/1 12:50 PM by GetFreshCrew

Re: That is not what they said.

whats the difference? Its discrimination either way so long as they serve other weddings.

You are correct

Although I'm not quite sure I understand the disconnect between the two, especially since the father of the woman in the story believes that being gay is a "choice". I mean I get why as a Christian who has chosen to interpret the bible in a particular way you would say that marriage is between one man and one woman and we're not going to cater your wedding because we don't believe you should get married. But if that is the case, then why would you then choose to cater to a gay individual on a daily basis when being gay isn't ok either according to particular interpretations of the bible. It's all just a slippery slope to me.

Would they object to selling pizzas . . .

for a heterosexual orgy at Moops' and hottie's house?

Would they object to sell pizzas for an employer who exploits his workers?

I mean, I need to know which sins are pizza-free and which aren't.

No it isn't.

They have an issue with the interpretation on the sanctity of marriage ... not with the individuals.

My guess is that it is a sanctity or definition of marriage thing

not a discrimination against the individual. But I am not in their mind.

To each his own.

According to the First Church of Cannabis, of which

I am now a member, withholding food is a dire sin punishable by an eternity of listening to Tom Crean prattle on about deflections. I know, it's unduly harsh but the only other option we had was throwing them in a lake of fire, but that's just a douche move.. btw this is a great church, no alcoholics allowed and they hate beer phags as much as I do. the hardest part is having to smoke the ganja daily. sigh....

Because a book written thousands of years ago,

before the invention of the printing press, by ignorant goat herders in a remote part of the world, which was then voted on by multiple groups of fallible people to make it cannon says that gays deserve death. Of course since then countless apologists have argued the smallest details and also disagreed on the most important and basic aspects of the religion like the trinity and damnation vs salvation leading to thousands upon thousands of denominations that disagree on wildly different aspects like if we are saved by acts or by grace.

When you have that kind of clarity it only reinforces that an omnipotent, omnipresent and benevolent God chose this as his method to communicate to the world his divine plan and law which determines whether we suffer in hell for eternity or worship at his feet for eternity. Ultimately, when there is such a clear cut reason to have sacred beliefs, we have to respect those believers rights to come up with any ridiculous reason to not engage with the ghey.

You are willfully ignorant or an excellent troll

Through there interpretation on the sanctity of marriage (which is a flipping joke) they are choosing to discriminate.

On the sanctity of marriage. Are you referring to the parts of the bible like Solomon having 700 wives and 300 concubines? Or maybe the part where the punishment for raping a virgin daughter was to marry her? Or maybe the part where you get to take virgin girls as brides from the village you just massacred (even the babies)?
This post was edited on 4/1 1:18 PM by tbizzy

Ah: the sanctity of marriage

I love that argument.

Us straight folks sure have knocked it out of the park on that whole sanctity of marriage thing.

aft3fig-6.png

Exactly.

When it is a choice, they admit that could be attracted to and enjoy blowing another dude, they just choose not to.

Correction - it was written by slaves..

both Judaism and Christianity were slave religions. That's why God is represented as such an irrational douchebag and both religions main philosophy is bend over and take it from your masters, The Gods personalities are basically based on their former slave masters. This is why they worship. Only a slave master would want or need worship.

The Jewish God was based on Babylonian masters and the Christian God is based on Roman slave masters. the Mooslims were never a religion they were an excuse for a psychopath to conquer the world.

On that note - everyone should join the First Church of Cannabis, we're the only REAL religion on the planet.

This post was edited on 4/1 2:05 PM by Guy_Fawkes

Why are you asking me?

As I said yesterday, I would marry any 2 people into the state's marriage.

I would merely leave out, "What God has joined, let no man put asunder."

I don't care if 2 people need to marry to garner the state/federal benefits and the penalties of divorce.

#antiquatedpracticeamiright

Thank you on the correction

The relationship between God and His "children" really is more like a slave to slave owner relationship as it is described in the bible. First church of cannabis at least sounds fun. Is there praise and worship before the sermon?

If the marriage wasn't blessed with a huge spliff ..

then you're not really married, especially if alcohol was served after the ceremony.

Damn heathens... In Cannabis we trust... Amen..

fwiw -

I'm liking this religion crap. You can just make up all kinds of BS and say it's from God.. and no one can question it.

We're new, but we're just like any other religion

just make up BS when needed to serve your agenda. Our book isn't complete yet, but it will be vague enough that every passage can serve whatever need you have.

Here's a link

I watched a documentary on Scientology this weekend.

It's called Going Clear.

I knew the basis of Scientology and the history of L Ron Hubbard, but what I didnt know was the tyrannical leadership once David Miscavige took over.

It was one of the commandments that was on the third (link)

tablet...the one Mel Brooks dropped in that movie.

Moses

I notice the increases in post-war divorces.

The Great War
WWII
and Vietnam

Not sure why it maintained except maybe divorce begets divorce.

And C-$ entered the world.

Looking forward to watching that.

Read Dianetics in 1989 but don't remember much of it.

Saw a scientology shop in New York when we were there.

Are you paying your $4.20 a month tithe to Bill Levin?

Are you sure this isn't a Pence subsidiary? Seems they were very quick to CAPITALize.

Good luck, Cannataerians.

This couple doesn't want to support the wedding,but the people can come

into the restaurant to eat. This seems fair to me. This couple doesn't believe in gay marriage so why should they have to contribute to it? Yet they don't discriminate against the people because they can come into their establishment to eat. In my view this is what the law was meant to protect. Why should people have to do something that is against their conscience?

Wait a minute.... this is the same Walkerton whose roadside motto proclaims

"Walkerton...The Friendly Little Town".... ???? Doesn't sound too friendly to me. Piss on them. Go 25 minutes northeast on State Rd 23 and get your pizza from Brunos. I"m sure it's intifinitely superior to their pies....

McHoop

So it's fair that they can deny services to one American, that they would

grant to another?

If they stopped catering weddings completely, that would be one thing.

What if their conscience told them interracial weddings were wrong? What about Weddings where the bride wasn't a virgin?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT