ADVERTISEMENT

Something that is stunning, but really glaring at this point

Hard to base off speculation of how his team plays, recruiting, etc..
However he is a young coach and not one that is enjoying a big paying retirement gig that has zero future. Time is
Not in Woodson’s favor, however it does seem you like Woodson as coach. What are you seeing to convince the fan base he is the right guy for the program?
So what you're saying about Dusty is the same thing you could say about Archie six years ago. You'd like the AD, BOT,.etc to be as impulsive about this as you are.

So what you're saying about Dusty is the same thing you could say about Archie six years ago. You'd like the AD, BOT,.etc to be as impulsive about this as you are.
Impulsive? No, good business practice is to see that your business plan is not working and you adjust it quickly to fix the issue. A bad business decision was made in hiring a washed out ex NBa coach who is in his mid 60’s and nevr
Coached an ounce of college basketball nor ran a program.

Agree. There is no upside with Woodson going forward. Would be better to fix this after the season going forward than allowing it to slowly burn even more.
Woodson's problem regarding his longevity here is his rhetoric doesn't offer any encouraging hope. Woodson might have his little click of buddies hanging out together after a game in Mike's Man Cave, but he hasn't gone out of his way to offer endearment with reassurance to the masses. It's unfortunate for him he lacks the gift of gab Knight once had. Some have it, others don't. Unless it comes naturally from the heart, it sounds disingenuous, lacking in motivational potential. Outwardly going, more likable individuals get better mileage out of the careers with the people skills thing working for them.

Impulsive? No, good business practice is to see that your business plan is not working and you adjust it quickly to fix the issue. A bad business decision was made in hiring a washed out ex NBa coach who is in his mid 60’s and nevr
Coached an ounce of college basketball nor ran a program.
Did you gain your business prowess at Kelley SOB? Lol. Here I spent all my years in business being a pragmatist. It worked for me but...

I never said Woody is definitively the guy. He got the team to tournament appearances two years in a row. Certainly not the pinnacle of IU basketball but improvement from where the program was. This season is half over and there are some concerns. Still seventeen games to go, plus the BTT.

Your thought that "the admin" need to hear boos rained down on an IU legend and his players to know what "the fanbase" demands is laughable. Who is this "fanbase" you speak of anyway? Are they season ticket holders? Are they people who donate in a significant manner? You hopefully realize that's who they listen to right?

Dolson has now acted forcefully on two separate occasions. If he decides something needs to be done at seasons end, well, so be it. I doubt it's the case but we'll see. In the meantime I'll continue to hope this season ends better than it looks at the moment.

Reactions: kkott and bawlmer
Did you gain your business prowess at Kelley SOB? Lol. Here I spent all my years in business being a pragmatist. It worked for me but...

I never said Woody is definitively the guy. He got the team to tournament appearances two years in a row. Certainly not the pinnacle of IU basketball but improvement from where the program was. This season is half over and there are some concerns. Still seventeen games to go, plus the BTT.

Your thought that "the admin" need to hear boos rained down on an IU legend and his players to know what "the fanbase" demands is laughable. Who is this "fanbase" you speak of anyway? Are they season ticket holders? Are they people who donate in a significant manner? You hopefully realize that's who they listen to right?

Dolson has now acted forcefully on two separate occasions. If he decides something needs to be done at seasons end, well, so be it. I doubt it's the case but we'll see. In the meantime I'll continue to hope this season ends better than it looks at the moment.
Fair enough…I just don’t see a well coached or ran team. Woody was a bad hire and never should been hired

Basketball. Football won’t ever be a contender. Basketball will because we can at least get top talent. Iu may find a stud in football but NIL will take him to a power house.
Basketball isn't because we hired a has been grandpa..
Football goes to any bowl ..It's a positive.
He's got some youth swagger..

Reactions: kmathum
Archie’s hire ended up being a bad hire. Woodson was a bad hire period. Crean has been the best out of the three, which is frightening. Sampson would have been a monster if not for his stupidity. Davis is probably my personal favorite simply because he navigated through hell due to the situation. Just think how many terrific coaches slipped away during years of ineptitude. Of all the coaches hired, there’s no one who inspires. It’s little wonder Indiana kids are dressed predominantly in Purdue gear.
Yeah, Crean was such a great coach - he really did well at Georgia.

Reactions: Vern Pain
Fair enough…I just don’t see a well coached or ran team. Woody was a bad hire and never should been hired
Actually, it wasn’t just Woody who was hired. Matta/Fife were part of the cushion … then quickly disappeared.

I was there for all of it. I was ten when George McGinnis was at IU. I saw the '75 team bow out too early. I was a junior in High School when IU had the perfect season. I finished at IU in '82 so I saw and enjoyed the 80/81 season.

I use Notre Dame football analogy a lot because they're so similar in how they've struggled to regain their footing after a series of hiring and firing the newest best candidates. Quite a few IU fans thought Brad Stevens was inevitable, just like Domers used to use the "dream job" scenario for Urban Meyer. You can say I'm all wet, but I believe that neither of those guys ended up in their dream job because the fanbases can be brutal. Not that they couldn't handle that, but they had options that looked and probably worked out better to them.

I've always thought IU really went awry, not so much because they dismissed RMK, but that they did it with no contingency plan in place. They made it even worse when they bowed to the demands of Dane Fife and a few others. Now, we just eat up coaches and spit them out.

So anyway, after all that, CMW has been coach here for just about two and a half seasons. The first two ended in tournament appearances. Tournament success, well, not so much. I think the chance of IU making a change at the end of this season is practically zero. So in my case at least, I'll hold out hope that Woodson can still turn this season around and get to the NCAAT. That's a reasonable goal for a team that replaced as many pieces as they did this year. I hope that Woodson manages to get one or two of the big recruiting pieces he's trying to get. I hope he gets some help in the portal to make some marked improvement next year. If this.program doesn't manage to stabilize itself, it will just stay mired in the muck it's been in for twenty years.

Fire away
FIre away at what? Well said!

Reactions: Vern Pain
Been wanting to visit Kiawah Island for a while. Need to plan that when we go to Charleston.
I loved Kiawah when I moved to Charlotte 30 years ago. It was just such a terrific getaway and self-contained because they had enough restaurants that you didn't have to get off the island. Not sure why I haven't been back.

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT