ADVERTISEMENT

Somebody is going to have to explain the value of having Michael Durr on the floor.

I’m just not seeing it. Have not seen it all year long.
Yeah. Not in this game. Give him a minute, before coming media TO or something. Gotta have a short bench. I know these guys have played a lot recently, but have to just tough it out.

I'd put Kopp at close 2nd on that list... He can't guard his man, he doesn't rebound, and the one primary reason he's out there (his formerly great shooting) isn't happening... Nice youngster but he Has to sit if we want to win this one, in my opinion...

Reactions: mushroomgod_1
I'd put Kopp at close 2nd on that list... He can't guard his man, he doesn't rebound, and the one primary reason he's out there (his formerly great shooting) isn't happening... Nice youngster but he Has to sit if we want to win this one, in my opinion...
He’s been the greatest disappointment this season. My mind must be going. I thought he was a killer at NW, one of those guys who could just drill us from outside even if he didn’t seem to be the most athletic guy.

Durr just always seems lost. Bad hands; can’t rebound; confused on defense. One of those “All Lobby” guys.

Reactions: Mr.IU and 76-1
He’s been the greatest disappointment this season. My mind must be going. I thought he was a killer at NW, one of those guys who could just drill us from outside even if he didn’t seem to be the most athletic guy.

Durr just always seems lost. Bad hands; can’t rebound; confused on defense. One of those “All Lobby” guys.
He shot 100% tonight for the few minutes he was in.

Not as bad a player as you think he is.

I’m just not seeing it. Have not seen it all year long.
Because water is wet and the sky is high, Durr, Leal, Kopp, Galloway, and Stewart need to go bye-bye. Phin can stay for D off the bench but that's a close one too. I'm of the opinion that building through the portal is foolish and terrible for chemistry. Maybe one, for one added piece, but there's usually a reason you're in the portal and not many of them are good. The "portal" will last only as long as COVID, so go back to the old playground. Go JC, and get someone you can commit to for a couple years. JC guys are there for 1 reason, grades, not off the court problems and there are plenty of good JC's in our back yard

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: outside shooter
Because water is wet and the sky is high, Durr, Leal, Kopp, Galloway, and Stewart need to go bye-bye. Phin can stay for D off the bench but that's a close one too. I'm of the opinion that building through the portal is foolish and terrible for chemistry. Maybe one, for one added piece, but there's usually a reason you're in the portal and not many of them are good. The "portal" will last only as long as COVID, so go back to the old playground. Go JC, and get someone you can commit to for a couple years. JC guys are there for 1 reason, grades, not off the court problems and there are plenty of good JC's in our back yard
Smart and Garret JC players that had a huge impact. Personally I liked the Rob, X, TG, Race, TJD line up the best because they played with higher energy level and got after it on D. There are a lot of teams with tourny success with Seniors that had little playing time as Freshmen or Sophs. I am sure Woodson has an idea who of the underclassmen has a chance to make inprovements and who doesn't. IU of course needs help immediately so underclassmen subject to more criticism than many other programs. I am puzzled why you think Galloway should go rather than some others but agree if Woodson doesn't see a future for a player than better for everyone if he works with them to leave.

There was a time when Midland and Odessa JC's had enough talent to field respectable D1 teams. Many of those players fueled good Oklahoma, NC State, and UNLV teams.

Trey?? LOL

We need Phin, Trey, Leal next season and Durr as backup minutes and a big body for practice.

The kids were gassed last night...done after half. No objective judgements can be made.

Reactions: CriticArisen
Smart and Garret JC players that had a huge impact. Personally I liked the Rob, X, TG, Race, TJD line up the best because they played with higher energy level and got after it on D. There are a lot of teams with tourny success with Seniors that had little playing time as Freshmen or Sophs. I am sure Woodson has an idea who of the underclassmen has a chance to make inprovements and who doesn't. IU of course needs help immediately so underclassmen subject to more criticism than many other programs. I am puzzled why you think Galloway should go rather than some others but agree if Woodson doesn't see a future for a player than better for everyone if he works with them to leave.

There was a time when Midland and Odessa JC's had enough talent to field respectable D1 teams. Many of those players fueled good Oklahoma, NC State, and UNLV teams.
Cause Galloway can't shoot either, and when he does like a 6 year old, which is sort of bizarre given his dad's coaching experience. He does hustle and try, but he'd just do much better off in the MVC or MAC

Trey?? LOL

We need Phin, Trey, Leal next season and Durr as backup minutes and a big body for practice.

The kids were gassed last night...done after half. No objective judgements can be made.
We need scholarships - Phin’s & Durr’s are needed for new talent

We need scholarships - Phin’s & Durr’s are needed for new talent
Unless and until Woody is confident, he will find a better defender than Phin or a better backup than Durr, we need them.

If he is confident he can, then all bets are off. We just don't know yet who stays so this is all conjecture.

Trey?? LOL

BS, if we want to stop the inconsistency and losing, we need them about as much as a third a-hole. I'll say it again, in the words of MD, "Get you a team", that should be the philosophy. They were what they were, but you gotta start somewhere.

Unless and until Woody is confident, he will find a better defender than Phin or a better backup than Durr, we need them.

If he is confident he can, then all bets are off. We just don't know yet who stays so this is all conjecture.
Durr is garbage. An empty chair would be better than bringing him back.

Trey?? LOL

Yes, there is an objective judgment. You looking for a repeat of this at best?

Durr is garbage. An empty chair would be better than bringing him back.
Well it may be, but that's not a nice thing to say. Constructive criticism is due after an almost 40 ptr, but not picking on them.

BS, if we want to stop the inconsistency and losing, we need them about as much as a third a-hole. I'll say it again, in the words of MD, "Get you a team", that should be the philosophy. They were what they were, but you gotta start somewhere.
The only realistic strategy at this time for IU is to build a team. No realistic way to just get a team. If it was easy Archie would have done it.

Last edited:
The whole second unit killed us. Bates especially
This one gets pinned on the whole team. That first substitution with a goofy lineup was when it got away from us, but after that the starters never closed it up and were just gassed. We were thinking our defense could carry us and they shot 51% and 48% on 3s, we thought we were more athletic and we lost the rebounding battle 39-28. We've been pretty good on TOs all year but we had 13 to their 10.... and we thought we couldn't shoot well and we didn't. Just a good ol' butt whipping that shows us how far we have to go as a program. Tip of the hat to St Marys. If they can continue that, they can do damage. Hope they play well against UCLA, might be a fun game to watch.

PS. Guess what? We did win the FT battle 15/18 for 83% to 10/15 for 67%. Finally, we made FTs. Good season overall, but a dud of an ending.

so you need a 2nd a-hole?

• Haha
Reactions: outside shooter
This one gets pinned on the whole team. That first substitution with a goofy lineup was when it got away from us, but after that the starters never closed it up and were just gassed. We were thinking our defense could carry us and they shot 51% and 48% on 3s, we thought we were more athletic and we lost the rebounding battle 39-28. We've been pretty good on TOs all year but we had 13 to their 10.... and we thought we couldn't shoot well and we didn't. Just a good ol' butt whipping that shows us how far we have to go as a program. Tip of the hat to St Marys. If they can continue that, they can do damage. Hope they play well against UCLA, might be a fun game to watch.

PS. Guess what? We did win the FT battle 15/18 for 83% to 10/15 for 67%. Finally, we made FTs. Good season overall, but a dud of an ending.
Biggest purely individual improvement I saw was TJD starting to make some nice scoring moves with his right hand. I am sure it took a lot of work because I didn't expect it to happen.

TJD was subbed for at the 9:37 mark. IU was up 4. I was thinking and hoping he would come back in after the 8:00 timeout which he did not. IU was up 2 at that time. TJD came back in roughly at the 6:30 mark and IU was down 5. That 9 point swing was the beginning of the end. IU also had 5 subs in the game at the same time during most of that stint. I’m not saying they should not play but it does give me pause when there is a complete line change.

It is what it is. St. Mary’s played well and were the better team. Glad IU made the tourney. There is a lot of work to do. Looking forward to seeing what happens this off season.

If St Marys had that attitude then the team that blasted us would be totally different. They went 14-10 and lost in the first round of the nit. With the same players. You can’t win with a constant revolving door. The portal isn’t a long or short term fix most of the time.

Agreed, I learned years ago that "having the horses" makes you a much better coach. It's not magic. CMW had to play some "show ponies" this year. He needs to recruit some true thoroughbreds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT