ADVERTISEMENT

Some things I would like to see

Charlesroast

Freshman
Aug 4, 2013
A schedule, just impatient but wanting to catch some ball on a southern trip this Feb/March.

Luke Stephenson able to pitch and approach his potential.
Will Coursen-Carr regain confidence and approach his potential.
Larry Crisler make it back and approach his potential, this kid can hit the horsehide.
Alex Krupa get a look at 2nd base, FWI if he could it would be more speed possible with him and Laren Eustace both in the line up. Might be a better path to pros for him.

There is a lot of depth on this team, need a few guys to have big years and a closer or 2 and a solid catcher to emerge.

A schedule, just impatient but wanting to catch some ball on a southern trip this Feb/March.

Luke Stephenson able to pitch and approach his potential.
Will Coursen-Carr regain confidence and approach his potential.
Larry Crisler make it back and approach his potential, this kid can hit the horsehide.
Alex Krupa get a look at 2nd base, FWI if he could it would be more speed possible with him and Laren Eustace both in the line up. Might be a better path to pros for him.

There is a lot of depth on this team, need a few guys to have big years and a closer or 2 and a solid catcher to emerge.
Schedule should be out soon, expect to see more home games in the coming years.

Luke Stephenson has looked solid, velocity around 85-88 but it moves! A bit of a poor mans Greg Maddux this fall, lots of ground ball outs. Going to be really good, can start/mid relief/setup/and close so his role is yet to be defined.
C-C has been much of the same, really good one outing and bad the next. His stuff is still really good.
Larry Crisler transferred.
Alex Krupa should never play 2nd, he's an outfielder for a reason. Lots of options at 2nd/MIF that are defensively better (Butler/Leggett/Holdsworth/Stratten/Pasteur/Wilhite/Ramos).
Lots of depth and speed.

Last edited:
Good to hear on Stephenson, a team can always use another arm. I hoped Bunn could do so magic with WCC, he hasn't shown good control while he has been here but got away with it some his first year.
I think Crisler is at IU-N, he can hit & I hoped he could make it back. Not many thumpers other than Sowers and he practically begs to be fed a steady stream of stuff out of the zone and could benefit from a big bat behind him.
Get what you are saying on Krupa. Figured it would be Wilhite, Ramos, and Pasteur, with Cangelosi at first, Sowers, Dedelow, Krupa/Eustace 3rd OF/DH. And it does look like there is more depth this year than last which is a good thing.
Fineman and Bradley look capable?

Looking forward to an interesting season.

Good to hear on Stephenson, a team can always use another arm. I hoped Bunn could do so magic with WCC, he hasn't shown good control while he has been here but got away with it some his first year.
I think Crisler is at IU-N, he can hit & I hoped he could make it back. Not many thumpers other than Sowers and he practically begs to be fed a steady stream of stuff out of the zone and could benefit from a big bat behind him.
Get what you are saying on Krupa. Figured it would be Wilhite, Ramos, and Pasteur, with Cangelosi at first, Sowers, Dedelow, Krupa/Eustace 3rd OF/DH. And it does look like there is more depth this year than last which is a good thing.
Fineman and Bradley look capable?

Looking forward to an interesting season.

Plenty middle of the order bats, really like Luke Miller. Sowers/Dedlow/Cangi. IU may never see a middle of the order combo of Schwarber/Travis ever again, but the bats they have are really good top to bottom. Catcher position is a toss up between Fineman/Webb. Defensively think Fineman is the better of the 2 long term. Ramos hasn't played much, if at all, this fall. May not see him as the starter at SS, but of course his defense is the best at the position. This team is really loaded with good players and depth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT