ADVERTISEMENT

Some interesting comments by guest on the JMV show

You are a little out there in your comments. Why you find it odd on a sports board someone wanting more involvement from the President of a University is puzzling. I just think you like to argue...can I get an amen from the congregation?
I don’t think it is huge importance. But what is scary are ones that believe they just need to go away.

Wow -- a university president who cares more about academics than athletics. Sounds good to me.
Then why do we fall in academic rankings nearly every year? For someone who doesn’t care about sports, you’d think he’d care deeply about academics. On US News and World Report, generally speaking is the most respected rankings, we’ve plummeted. Nearly last in the B1G. Whether he, or you, care about that, other people do.

He’s done very little for IU from an objective, measurable standpoint.

When was the last President with real ties to the State? That’s why I say there are Hoosiers and then there are Indiana University Hoosiers. Thr State of Indiana is far far far down the list of concerns for McRobbie.... we are fly over country
You mean like Purdue's Mitch Daniels? When is the last time anyone saw McRobbie and his wife attending an IU football or basketball game?

As an overall ranking IU is in the lower quadrant of the BIG. That is similar to being a $1.8MM home next to a $2MM home. The overall property is less but some rooms are much better. First world problem as both are great universities. Some low esteem fans of other programs will try to weaponize the BIG rankings, which is simply silly.

Reactions: DANC
His contract is up in 2021 I believe.

I can’t believe he’ll continue past that.
I assume you mean Mitch’s contract and not McRobbie’s. Mitch was president of the student body at North Central HS when I was there. He was class of ‘67, along with my older brother. I remember him as a little Jewish guy, smart as a whip and with a great sense of humor, which made him a pretty regular guy his peers could relate to. He went on to become a Harley rider which further endeared his image. He didn’t move into the Gonerner’s Mansion on Merduan St. where previous one’s always felt honored to occupy. Rumor was his wife wanted to remain out at Geist Reservoir...excuse me, Geist LAKE once they started building expensive homes on it. I think he still commutes to this day. Purdue is lucky to have him...I think. He wouldn’t have set well with the locals if he had accepted the IU job. B-town must have had the highest concentration of auto bumper stickers in the state with “Not MY man, Mitch!” Liberals never hesitate to let you know who they hate and he was definitely one of ‘em.

I assume you mean Mitch’s contract and not McRobbie’s. Mitch was president of the student body at North Central HS when I was there. He was class of ‘67, along with my older brother. I remember him as a little Jewish guy, smart as a whip and with a great sense of humor, which made him a pretty regular guy his peers could relate to. He went on to become a Harley rider which further endeared his image. He didn’t move into the Gonerner’s Mansion on Merduan St. where previous one’s always felt honored to occupy. Rumor was his wife wanted to remain out at Geist Reservoir...excuse me, Geist LAKE once they started building expensive homes on it. I think he still commutes to this day. Purdue is lucky to have him...I think. He wouldn’t have set well with the locals if he had accepted the IU job. B-town must have had the highest concentration of auto bumper stickers in the state with “Not MY man, Mitch!” Liberals never hesitate to let you know who they hate and he was definitely one of ‘em.
No, I like Mitch from what I know about him.

I’m talking about McRobbie

No, I like Mitch from what I know about him.

I’m talking about McRobbie
Everyone likes Mitch but since you were talking about McRobbie and not Mitch, never mind. I know nothing about McRobbie other than I've never seen a photo of him at an basketball or football game. I don't even know if he is well liked amongst the faculty and assorted people who have to deal with him. He's a mystery man compared to Mitch the ex-governor gone angelic Harley rider.

Reactions: IUgradman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT