ADVERTISEMENT

Some early BiG ++++ projections

Stopped reading after he said Galloway was starting.
He may ... we really don't know.

That's the one position that's up in the air... the rest are fairly obvious. It could be Trey, hope not. Most likely it's KC ... but I think Tucker has a chance too.

Reactions: RRgo
He may ... we really don't know.

That's the one position that's up in the air... the rest are fairly obvious. It could be Trey, hope not. Most likely it's KC ... but I think Tucker has a chance too.
Yep, Woody has been loyal to his seniors and to 2 posts throughout his time here. I'm hoping no promises were made and it's just an open competition, but that he also experiments more with PT and rotations early in the year. Should have so much more wing/backcourt depth this year.

I always think of coaches developing players via practices. But hopefully Woody will show ability in game substitution patterns. It seems we may have purchased enough talent to excel.

I make no comments on the PAC 12 newcomers. as I've not studied them.

I do feel like he's got Illinois and Michigan too high, and OSU & Michigan too low.

I decided to look at things this way. Asked myself......what players on each team would not surprise me if they were named 1st, 2nd or 3rd team ABT? I'm not saying I EXPECT them to be all-BT, just wouldn't surprise me.

This is what I came up with:

--IU: Ballo; MR; Bako; Rice; Carlyle; Galloway; Tucker (7)
--PUR: B. Smith; Kaughman-Rhen; Colvin; Heide; Loyer; Catchings (6)
--OSU: Thornton; M. Johnson; Bradshaw; S. Stewart; D Royal (5)
--MSU: Aikens; Fears; J. Richardson; T. Holloman (4)
--ILL: Boswell; T. Rogers; M. Johnson (3)
--MICH: Gayle; Wolf; Golden (3)
--RUT: Bailey; Harper; J. Williams (3)
--MD: Gillespie; Reece; Queen (3)
--WIS: Klesmit; Crawl; Blackwell (3)
--IOWA: Standfort (if back); Freeman; Dix (3)
--NW: Berry; Barnhizer (2)
--NEB: B. Williams (1)
--PSU: Baldwin (1)
--MN: Garcia (1)

This is roughly about how I would expect things to play out. Respecting Illinois.....I just don't see too many guys with real high ceilings, v. OSU or MSU. As for MSU, their guards really look outstanding. Their front line guys of Kohler, Cooper, Booker and Fidler aren't stars, but are good enough to suffice. Maybe not as effective as Illinois' front line of M. Johnson, Slavis, Humrichous, and Booth, but close. I feel the same about Michigan as Illinois--quite a few nice players, but lacking real star potential.

Reactions: T.M.P.
no fricking way the real B10 teams are going to allow ucla to step in and win the conference.......
fwiw: i could easily see Trey starting and/or playing major minutes. a glue guy that can break down a defense and maybe revert back to shooting well in spot duty from the arc.

If Trey shoots a three pointer a game were screwed. That's not his game he is a hustle guy who can push the ball get guys some shots play good defense. I'm actually excited to see him be more of a lock down defender and not have to worry about scoring or being a primary ball handler.

If Trey shoots a three pointer a game were screwed. That's not his game he is a hustle guy who can push the ball get guys some shots play good defense. I'm actually excited to see him be more of a lock down defender and not have to worry about scoring or being a primary ball handler.
and an impossible spinning circus shot.

Anything less than a conference title is an underachievement in my opinion. This is one of the best starting fives in the country. A five star freshman and double digit scoring vet are coming off the bench.

Anything less than a conference title is an underachievement in my opinion. This is one of the best starting fives in the country. A five star freshman and double digit scoring vet are coming off the bench.
Do you know the other 362 starting lineups or just guessing based on a subjective measure in an isolated vacuum?

This is the basketball board, Bilbo. Please keep your whack job hillbilly politics where they belong.. Just as houses have bathrooms to shit in and to keep the house from smelling like shit, this board has the WC. You need to go back there .. and do your shit posting there..

TIA
In fairness there’s plenty of shit here without hillbillies

Reactions: Spartans9312
We have assembled a roster that is worthy of a ranking suggested in this article. I still believe teams with players with experienced players that have multiple years on the same team have an advantage. Reneau, Leal and Galloway will be the only players with over two years with the team. Our potential starting lineup will still be young with three sophomores, a junior and a senior.

Galloway will play less minutes than last year. Hopefully, he will be less beat up, fresher, and as a result be quicker and shoot better. I like having a player like him come in and play against our opponents' backups or fatigued starters. I would expect Trey will embrace this role.

Do you know the other 362 starting lineups or just guessing based on a subjective measure in an isolated vacuum?
IU has 6 players who averaged double figures last season in a high major conference on the roster, plus a five star freshman.

IU has 6 players who averaged double figures last season in a high major conference on the roster, plus a five star freshman.
There's probably more than five teams with better numbers... I agree IU is very talented but top five is maybe reaching. Top 15 or better ... is probably a better expectation. Who knows ... we find out in a few months.

fwiw - I'm okay with finishing top 5. Hope it happens.... There's still a few teams that will be impacted by players staying in the draft ... we'll see what it looks like after that shakes out and the left over transfers finally commit.

I didn't look at all 363 rosters, but I have a good idea what the top 80 or so look like..

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Trey is a guy I like coming off the bench and turning the game on it's ear.
Yep. Come in, grab that loose ball, knocking if off a player, drawing a charge etc. I always love it when he came off the bench earlier in career and would score on a fast break or make a nice assist. The AH pop is legit when it happens and it picks up the players.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
There's probably more than five teams with better numbers... I agree IU is very talented but top five is maybe reaching. Top 15 or better ... is probably a better expectation. Who knows ... we find out in a few months.

fwiw - I'm okay with finishing top 5. Hope it happens.... There's still a few teams that will be impacted by players staying in the draft ... we'll see what it looks like after that shakes out and the left over transfers finally commit.

I didn't look at all 363 rosters, but I have a good idea what the top 80 or so look like..
Not sure what you mean by "better numbers" but I know a couple weeks ago I saw an article that said IU had the highest total ppgs returning on their roster this year. Think we were at like 88ppg and maybe KU was second around 82ppg if I recall.

Reactions: tazmanian devil
Not sure what you mean by "better numbers" but I know a couple weeks ago I saw an article that said IU had the highest total ppgs returning on their roster this year. Think we were at like 88ppg and maybe KU was second around 82ppg if I recall.
In 300+ minutes per game. Too bad there's only 200 minutes available.

In 300+ minutes per game. Too bad there's only 200 minutes available.
I'd imagine that will be the case for most of the top 5 teams with the transfer portal. But, maybe ppg/mpg would be a better or at least interesting stat too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT