Soccer

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU and Noodle
Stop 🤣🤣🤣🤣
But, but...

Ollie Watkins Football GIF by Aston Villa FC

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Patrick Viera? Not sure our guys can play like he would like to play. We can do Bielsa Ball and Klopp would be perfect....but we are likely going to get Berhalter part deux....

• Sad
God, please don't jinx it....... Seeing Bruce Arena's tactics again..... would rather swim a pit of my own filth
Klopp was making 25 mil. And I know it’s always a moving target but he was purportedly getting a piece of ads etc to where his take was approaching 50 mil. That’s not even in the same stratosphere as what the usmnt pays

• Wow
Reactions: Mark Milton
God, please don't jinx it....... Seeing Bruce Arena's tactics again..... would rather swim a pit of my own filth
You know what else. If you’re at that level you may not want anything to do with going to coach Jordan morris etc. we might be insane thinking we can get someone big. Those guys like coaching the best. I think. Pep Barca Bayern city. Why would he want to coach some kid from Akron

Reactions: Mark Milton
You know what else. If you’re at that level you may not want anything to do with going to coach Jordan morris etc. we might be insane thinking we can get someone big. Those guys like coaching the best. I think. Pep Barca Bayern city. Why would he want to coach some kid from Akron
I think you are right. By the way, WTF happened to Caleb Porter? Peter principle? I liked the way his players played at Akron, but college ain't the pros....You can't be a complete ahole in the pros with 40.44 winning percentage....

I think you are right. By the way, WTF happened to Caleb Porter? Peter principle? I liked the way his players played at Akron, but college ain't the pros....You can't be a complete ahole in the pros with 40.44 winning percentage....
I think you got it. And I shouldn’t dig on arena. He’s probably the best American coach ever. Just not a splash in the least

@Mark Milton @larsIU I like decorating my office with different shit. Check this out. Then check out his instagram page and website. I’m going to buy one.

NIce. I have some obscure pops. some framed shit. unframed pic of daughter stuck to wall. no pic of wife. man utd shit. 3 pairs of socks i've been gifted by suppliers. 5 mgmt for dummies books which look really new and untouched.

I could go on.

NIce. I have some obscure pops. some framed shit. unframed pic of daughter stuck to wall. no pic of wife. man utd shit. 3 pairs of socks i've been gifted by suppliers. 5 mgmt for dummies books which look really new and untouched.

I could go on.
3 pairs of socks
5 mgmt for dummies
6 framed pictures
And fourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bottles of gin!!!!!!

Not a good scene in Miami. Fans (appear to be mostly or all Colombian) breached the entry gates. Start delayed at least 30 minutes.

Last edited:
Not sure if this was all from fans breaching gates or if it was also people being crushed at the gates. Scary stuff.

Weird play. Nothing obvious but clearly something went really wrong with his leg.
Have you heard if the fields will be wider for the World Cup? These are brutal to watch. For every minute of play there’s three of stoppage

Have you heard if the fields will be wider for the World Cup? These are brutal to watch. For every minute of play there’s three of stoppage
No idea, but I recall that the Bengals stadium would have required widening if Cincy got any WC games.

Any thoughts on the Spain-England game?

My thoughts:

1. England was slow at all attacking positions. Kane simply cannot play internationally anymore unless he is surrounding by wingers who can run. England's squad doesn't have it. Foden is quick not fast and he's really more of a 10. Saka isn't slow but he isn't fast. He's clever and he's awesome cutting inside--not awesome beating guys out wide. Kane was the least impactful player on the field in ANY England game.
2. Mainoo, Rice and Bellingham are a great midfield trio.
3. Losing Walker at RB will be a problem for England--he's the only guy they have that can run
4. Southgate too beholden to superstars. Kane should have sat, and honestly, Bellingham walked the last 15-20 minutes of the game--just out of gas. He needed to come off.
5. England can never be Spain. Youth infrastructure isn't there. I'm reminded by Pep's genius quote many years ago when he talked about Jack Wilshere (who I loved), Pep said "he is a good player, but in spain, we have 100 Jack Wilsheres". It seemed like that was an offensive comment at the time, but in reality, Pep 100% right.
6. Rashford should have been on the squad--if nothing else for his pace and ability to play 2 out of the 3 front line positions. The geometry with a slow front line like England is bad. Teams don't have to worry about defending the wider areas as much and can make it miserable to play in the box. Kane can only function if he has space to turn. Outside of that, a salty @DANC would be a better striker.
7. Playing with 2 holding midfielders when you have more talent than all but 2 teams is chicken football.
8. Southgate apparently didn't bother watching film of Declan Rice and how Arteta uses "total football" concepts with his midfield. Rice needed to play higher.
9. Rodri is about the most dominant 6 that I have seen. Effortless control of the tempo and possession. Never makes mistakes. Great vision and knowledge of the events on the field. A pleasure to watch.
10. The 16 year old kid is a special, special player.

My thoughts:

1. England was slow at all attacking positions. Kane simply cannot play internationally anymore unless he is surrounding by wingers who can run. England's squad doesn't have it. Foden is quick not fast and he's really more of a 10. Saka isn't slow but he isn't fast. He's clever and he's awesome cutting inside--not awesome beating guys out wide. Kane was the least impactful player on the field in ANY England game.
3. Losing Walker at RB will be a problem for England--he's the only guy they have that can run
4. Southgate too beholden to superstars. Kane should have sat, and honestly, Bellingham walked the last 15-20 minutes of the game--just out of gas. He needed to come off.
5. England can never be Spain. Youth infrastructure isn't there. I'm reminded by Pep's genius quote many years ago when he talked about Jack Wilshere (who I loved), Pep said "he is a good player, but in spain, we have 100 Jack Wilsheres". It seemed like that was an offensive comment at the time, but in reality, Pep 100% right.
6. Rashford should have been on the squad--if nothing else for his pace and ability to play 2 out of the 3 front line positions. The geometry with a slow front line like England is bad. Teams don't have to worry about defending the wider areas as much and can make it miserable to play in the box. Kane can only function if he has space to turn. Outside of that, a salty @DANC would be a better striker.
7. Playing with 2 holding midfielders when you have more talent than all but 2 teams is chicken football.
8. Southgate apparently didn't bother watching film of Declan Rice and how Arteta uses "total football" concepts with his midfield. Rice needed to play higher.
9. Rodri is about the most dominant 6 that I have seen. Effortless control of the tempo and possession. Never makes mistakes. Great vision and knowledge of the events on the field. A pleasure to watch.
Mark milton does NOT like Harry Kane 🤣🤣🤣. Can’t argue with anything you write. Only thing I’ll add is how odd it is to see Spain so great playing a style that bears little resemblance to the tiki taka you expect

Mark milton does NOT like Harry Kane 🤣🤣🤣. Can’t argue with anything you write. Only thing I’ll add is how odd it is to see Spain so great playing a style that bears little resemblance to the tiki taka you expect
Definitely not tiki taka. Kind of a blend of styles, but Spanish coach did a nice job of using his players talents. When Ineista, Xavi and Messi left Barcelona, tika taka as we know it, died.

No. Not a Harry Kane guy. If you are a lumbering oaf, I expect you to hold the ball up and win a header or two. Very little of that. Bummer for him is that he has great vision. Rooney played that 10 role or false 9 well for a couple of years, but he could still run a bit (but had great vision). Kane is doo doo

• Haha
Definitely not tiki taka. Kind of a blend of styles, but Spanish coach did a nice job of using his players talents. When Ineista, Xavi and Messi left Barcelona, tika taka as we know it, died.

No. Not a Harry Kane guy. If you are a lumbering oaf, I expect you to hold the ball up and win a header or two. Very little of that. Bummer for him is that he has great vision. Rooney played that 10 role or false 9 well for a couple of years, but he could still run a bit (but had great vision). Kane is doo doo
Concur!

My thoughts:

Didn't Kane go off with an injury vs Netherlands?

I'm ashamed to say I didn't watch the England/Spain match. Too many personal things going on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT