ADVERTISEMENT

Soccer

This man is playing in the final of champions league. Not Sunday league. Not over 40. Champions. Against Real.

85008549-0-image-a-133_1715957726347.jpg

85008547-0-image-a-134_1715957736793.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU
Man city 6 out of the last 7
Bayern 6 out of the last 7
PSG 6 out of the last 7
Barca/real combo 6 out of the last 7

FFP really making a difference

Concur. Now granted no Messi no Ronaldo no compelling Barca but this past season was the least I’ve watched in many, many years.
I"ve been an arsenal guy for at least 25 years. This was a good year, but I'm baffled how Nottingham Forest and Everton get points deductions and Man City with 115 violations can't get a single point deduction???

Don't get me wrong, I love Pep. The stretch of run Barca had and their impact on the game and the evolution of the game will never be repeated.

And by the way, this call by Martin Tyler is the greatest call in the history of sports:

I"ve been an arsenal guy for at least 25 years. This was a good year, but I'm baffled how Nottingham Forest and Everton get points deductions and Man City with 115 violations can't get a single point deduction???

Don't get me wrong, I love Pep. The stretch of run Barca had and their impact on the game and the evolution of the game will never be repeated.

And by the way, this call by Martin Tyler is the greatest call in the history of sports:

I LOVE THIS LMAO. arshavin man i forgot about that guy. and of course you're an arsenal guy. during the barca run of greatness arsenal were always barca lite. played beautifully. why else feature fabregas. so for me below is the greatest goal in history. there are no words to describe the skill of iniesta to know that he has to lift that ball to play it through. and actually i would say arsenal this year was the most compelling team/story to watch. that being said i don't really watch the bundesliga so bayer's story went right past me.

well gents history may be made this afternoon with bayer. i hope it happens but i wouldn't sleep on that little side from bergamo. they've made a real name for themselves in europe over hte last decade

• Haha
It's like the exact opposite of Man United.
"I know what we will do, we will sign this head case brazilian player out of the dutch league, pay him 80 mil pounds and watch him light up the premier league". Antony can't be long for the premier league....

80 mil pounds for a fossil like Caesemiro???? wow. Great player in his day, but he runs like president taft.

Excellent! They won the game in spite of the crazy parents 😂 😂
You and @mattndallas will be pleased to know that we won our men’s team game last night as well. The final was 3-0 but it was a far more competitive match than the scoreline reflects.

Play started out brisk as we were all energized by the perfect weather. Unfortunately two late and very violent albeit unintentional tackles soured the mood. But by about 5 minutes in we settled into a comfortable pace with 11 players in one box and 11 players in the other and 80 yards of green turf unsullied by anyone between the teams. It’s true that that wide expanse often proved too much with shouts of “play me” negated by “too far,” “you’re too far away,” and sometimes even the more frustrated “you have to check back. Fcking stupid.”

The highlight and mvp went to a teammate for bringing Michelob ultra infusions or something. I hate mich ultra but after the game it turned out to be a very refreshing drink

You and @mattndallas will be pleased to know that we won our men’s team game last night as well. The final was 3-0 but it was a far more competitive match than the scoreline reflects.

Play started out brisk as we were all energized by the perfect weather. Unfortunately two late and very violent albeit unintentional tackles soured the mood. But by about 5 minutes in we settled into a comfortable pace with 11 players in one box and 11 players in the other and 80 yards of green turf unsullied by anyone between the teams. It’s true that that wide expanse often proved too much with shouts of “play me” negated by “too far,” “you’re too far away,” and sometimes even the more frustrated “you have to check back. Fcking stupid.”

The highlight and mvp went to a teammate for bringing Michelob ultra infusions or something. I hate mich ultra but after the game it turned out to be a very refreshing drink
I was out practicing my disc golf form last night right next to an open soccer field here in Carmel-by-the-Corn. All Asian dudes with **cough** wide ranging ability levels. Some were actually pretty decent. A few old dudes. They're out there every week. Pretty competitive for what it is. Most look like they're in their 20's/30's though.

"I know what we will do, we will sign this head case brazilian player out of the dutch league, pay him 80 mil pounds and watch him light up the premier league". Antony can't be long for the premier league....

80 mil pounds for a fossil like Caesemiro???? wow. Great player in his day, but he runs like president taft.
Honestly I'm hoping Sir James takes a flamethrower to the whole thing and somehow convinces the Glazers to cash out.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I was out practicing my disc golf form last night right next to an open soccer field here in Carmel-by-the-Corn. All Asian dudes with **cough** wide ranging ability levels. Some were actually pretty decent. A few old dudes. They're out there every week. Pretty competitive for what it is. Most look like they're in their 20's/30's though.
All Asians that’s interesting. The Asians seem like they keep it together physically.

Even the older dudes went up and down (albeit slower). By older, I'm talking 40's.

But yeah, they do.
I will tell you and as you know the difference between 40 and 50 might be the most significant. I could play 20somethings at 40. At 50 we can’t even play 40 year olds

Reactions: BradStevens
I will tell you and as you know the difference between 40 and 50 might be the most significant. I could play 20somethings at 40. At 50 we can’t even play 40 year olds
Damn, I’m glad to hear this isn’t just me. I feel like I’ve lost all my muscle mass since Covid. I wanted to blame it on the jab, but I guess it’s just hitting my fifties.

Damn, I’m glad to hear this isn’t just me. I feel like I’ve lost all my muscle mass since Covid. I wanted to blame it on the jab, but I guess it’s just hitting my fifties.
For the purposes of the board yes we do want to blame it on the jab. However that late 40s is like falling off a cliff

For the purposes of the board yes we do want to blame it on the jab. However that late 40s is like falling off a cliff

Yeah, my legs are GONE at 49. Part of it is my back is ****ed but not all of it. I mean, I can row or bike all day but running is more and more just rapid jogging at this point. And change of direction? hahahahahahahahaha

The muscle mass loss is a killer.

Yeah, my legs are GONE at 49. Part of it is my back is ****ed but not all of it. I mean, I can row or bike all day but running is more and more just rapid jogging at this point. And change of direction? hahahahahahahahaha

The muscle mass loss is a killer.
I’m basically still as strong with free weights. But same in that my legs are totally gone. Slow. Get super tired running

Meanwhile...

GOrbB34WEAA0LGW
What are the odds R. Celentano gets a sniff at the US National team? It seems he deserves a hard look to get on the team. We talked about going to a Cincy game this year, but my son wanted tickets to the Real Madrid vs AC Milan game so we got him that instead.

And they are super fun to watch. I hate our team

They play Nashville tonight.

Got to see Mercedes Benz Stadium last week. I was there for a conference and the grand finale was inside the stadium, on the field. Must be like playing in a cavern when it's less than half full for a soccer game.

Got to see Mercedes Benz Stadium last week. I was there for a conference and the grand finale was inside the stadium, on the field. Must be like playing in a cavern when it's less than half full for a soccer game.
columbus crew started out playing in the horseshoe. finally they tarped it off but still awful. i'm surprised atlanta doesn't have a soccer specific stadium. US soccer training facilities and headquarters are moving there.

Reactions: Noodle

Despite below Stl City SC has the lowest payroll in mls and has an absolutely awful style of play. i'm an admitted snob but they are barely watchable. as a business i'm fascinated by mls (having watched so many leagues and franchises struggle/fail) - how long does this disconnect in Stl last.

Demand for St. Louis City SC tickets “isn’t slowing,” as for the second year in a row fans are “paying much bigger prices for tickets on the resale market than backers of nearly all other MLS clubs,” according to Ethan Erickson of the ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH. In a recent examination of secondary-market ticket sales data for all 29 MLS clubs' recent home games, St. Louis City SC and Inter Miami, which features F Lionel Messi, are “garnering far higher prices than the other 27 clubs.” The ticket price for St. Louis City SC’s two most recent games is about $75, “which doesn't include fees, usually about 20%, levied by sites.” That puts the “total price to get into a City SC game at about $90 per ticket.” Inter Miami is “just a few dollars more,” and no other team “is close to those two.” Erickson noted tickets for most MLS clubs cost “between $15 and $30 to get in the door.” Given a 98% renewal rate for season tickets this season, St. Louis City SC “still has about 12,500 people on its season-ticket waiting list.” Through April, of the more than 5,500 tickets sold on the secondary market for St. Louis City SC games this year, home and away, the “56 highest-priced tickets all were for games at CityPark” (ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH, 5/9).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT