ADVERTISEMENT

So Woodson doesn’t know if Leal or Galloway are doing Senior Day Sunday…

It would be shocking if both passed on year 5 opportunity but perhaps the uncertainty is will it be at IU. Galloway especially has enough transfer portal value that he would have options; I’m not so sure what demand there would be for Leal. Maybe go to Ball St and play for Lewis.

You assume he actually has converstations with them. If he has not spoken to Liam in three months nothing woudl surprise me.

Remember North going on and on about how he was sure Dull Son and Woodson were having regular talks about expectations, how the season was going, the future et al?? Anybody that's been watching knew that was bs. However, got to admit I'm surprised Woodson wasn't even calling his only recruit every two weeks or so.............

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
Remember North going on and on about how he was sure Dull Son and Woodson were having regular talks about expectations, how the season was going, the future et al?? Anybody that's been watching knew that was bs. However, got to admit I'm surprised Woodson wasn't even calling his only recruit every two weeks or so.............
I don't recall him saying that. I've been saying for weeks now that SD SHOULD be scheduling regular meetings with CMW about the issues he sees and what CMW is doing, or intends to do, to fix it.

Kinda odd, doesn’t matter I suppose.

Seems like things are discombobulated. Another example is when we had those gray Fear of God jerseys Woody more or less said he had no control over those and didn’t like them. People don’t seem to be on the same page.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Leal has a very successful career ahead of him, he may want to get started

True, but only one more chance to play organized basketball at this level. Plus, he will have the chance to further build his brand/opportunities by being an IU player one more year. His maturity will be sorely needed next season the way things are looking.

True, but only one more chance to play organized basketball at this level. Plus, he will have the chance to further build his brand/opportunities by being an IU player one more year. His maturity will be sorely needed next season the way things are looking.
Don’t get me wrong I love the kid and hope he comes back. He gets paid damned well for an eigth man

where did you hear, he hasn't spoken to Liam in 3 months?
It has been swirling around all over the place today. Supposedly someone has texts from LM's mom stating they've not heard from MW in months. Now, that's a lot of internet fodder for sure. However, I then saw where Bloom stated he'd been hearing for a while that was the case, but he dismissed it because he saw MW recruiting Queen in January and "assumed" he would be talking to LM.

Did anyone see the video of the two Michigan podcasters talking about MW? Sounds like they've heard several stories about MW on the recruiting trail and how bad he is. They told one about a highly coveted portal recruit coming in for a visit and there was a lot of buzz with IU. Said Woodson didn't know his name and barely acknowledged him....kid walked away and took IU off of his list. They didn't name him, but all signs point to Caleb Love being the recruit....think he could have helped this team?

• Wow
It has been swirling around all over the place today. Supposedly someone has texts from LM's mom stating they've not heard from MW in months. Now, that's a lot of internet fodder for sure. However, I then saw where Bloom stated he'd been hearing for a while that was the case, but he dismissed it because he saw MW recruiting Queen in January and "assumed" he would be talking to LM.

Did anyone see the video of the two Michigan podcasters talking about MW? Sounds like they've heard several stories about MW on the recruiting trail and how bad he is. They told one about a highly coveted portal recruit coming in for a visit and there was a lot of buzz with IU. Said Woodson didn't know his name and barely acknowledged him....kid walked away and took IU off of his list. They didn't name him, but all signs point to Caleb Love being the recruit....think he could have helped this team?
Thats ok many on this board said we did not need Love he was too toxic and we had Gunn ready to shine.

• Love
Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
where did you hear, he hasn't spoken to Liam in 3 months?
3. Wooden refuses to be aggressive when it comes to recruiting and comes off as lazy. Liam committed back in November and that’s the last time they’ve heard from anyone within the IU program, but specifically Woodson himself. Yeah, Liam is committed, but you have a responsibility to stay in contact and continue “recruiting” them. That’s how it goes.

This was on twitter.

Mike Woodson is a very lazy, entitled, grumpy old man. He knows he’s secure as he is lining pockets of Wittman and Buckner. The IU day giving campaign is ongoing. I normally give to IU foundation earmarking it to College of Arts and Sciences. Today I sent my card back with no check and the words in red ink- “I’ll again give to my alma mater once Mike Woodson is no longer coaching men’s basketball. If IU needs coin please ask Woody he makes 4+ million for poor performance.” I have no other leverage. My $500 won’t break any bank- but it made me feel better to know the IU foundation would know my stance.

Last edited:
3. Wooden refuses to be aggressive when it comes to recruiting and comes off as lazy. Liam committed back in November and that’s the last time they’ve heard from anyone within the IU program, but specifically Woodson himself. Yeah, Liam is committed, but you have a responsibility to stay in contact and continue “recruiting” them. That’s how it goes.

This was on twitter.
Not to nitpickk, but LM was here for a game in December, so there was contact after he signed. That could be the last contact Woodson had with him, though

It was Knecht

I love our fan base and rumors when things are bad. Dakich who has bagged on Woodson non-stop tweeted that he did the right thing when told them that basically he was not telling reporters anything about recruiting sounding like something night might say. Then I hear we don't recruit Indiana players but Sisley, Mullins and Steve Reynolds a class of 26 recruit from South Bend Washington who is currently the number 1 Indiana recruit in that class and top 50 nationally will be there.

Two of Reynold sisters are at Purdue and their dad played college ball. You just never know what is true.

I have heard two rumors about McNeely the one on here and another that said they have been following and are fan base is too toxic. My oh my what rumors do we believe.

No doubt how can he not know at this point. Wouldn’t there have to be some type of preparation made a few days in advance?
Woodson probably doesn't know because Leal and Galloway probably don't know. Lots of college basketball players don't know where they are going to be playing in October as of right now. Especially fringe kids who are playing on mediocre teams and who don't know quite what their NIL market will be in the offseason.

Reactions: Shuski
Woodson probably doesn't know because Leal and Galloway probably don't know. Lots of college basketball players don't know where they are going to be playing in October as of right now. Especially fringe kids who are playing on mediocre teams and who don't know quite what their NIL market will be in the offseason.
Galloway and Leal are both very popular. Their NIL potential is very good. That won't be what keeps them from coming back.

Galloway and Leal are both very popular. Their NIL potential is very good. That won't be what keeps them from coming back.
I didn't say it would. Leal probably isn't getting an IU level NIL deal anywhere else, but he might wonder if he can make more in business, or he might want to move down a level to get more PT. Or be a bench warmer on a contender with no NIL. Who knows what he wants.

Reactions: ams66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT