ADVERTISEMENT

So what was your impression of the Memorial Stadium survey????

It was what we expcted...centered around wants and needs including concourse, concessions, restrooms, parking etc.

The largest section was on premium seating options working though a number of potential offerings from chairs down low with backs to padded seats. Options of club, box, rail, covered, basic suites and luxury suites all with varying price points and locations. Some will price many out given the current draw even corporately....but several reasonable box/suite options that would work well. They are going to want a "seat license" stucture as high as $35K for the rights to buy some of the higher end options.

I like the various options and believe a combination of three or so would make sense.

My concern from a technical research angle is that there were a lot of choices with sub options that made the survey tedious

Reactions: vesuvius13
Anyone with seats between Sections 5 - 7 should be prepared to pony up, as premium seating will likely be carved out of that area. Demand isn’t likely to be high unless we start to win. As for concessions and restrooms, that’s low hanging fruit. We have tons of room to re-purpose the wasted space under the West and East stands.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I thought the focus on premium seating was interesting because the prices being pitched on there got be pretty hefty.

I'm glad they're at least thinking through some different ideas to improve the in-stadium experience. I don't necessarily think that a massive investment in premium seating is the way to go about it. They need to do whatever it takes to make the experience good enough to lock in 35k who will stay for the whole game consistently. A consistently good product will take care of the rest.

Reactions: iulb and 76-1
I haven't gotten it but I couldn't go to games because of my disabled body due to spine I don't understand why someone that's been 15 years of season tickets didn't get it.

I haven't gotten it but I couldn't go to games because of my disabled body due to spine I don't understand why someone that's been 15 years of season tickets didn't get it.
Do u use Gmail? Might wanna check ur promotions folder. I got mine yesterday but for some reason it went into my promotions folders

I thought the focus on premium seating was interesting because the prices being pitched on there got be pretty hefty.

I'm glad they're at least thinking through some different ideas to improve the in-stadium experience. I don't necessarily think that a massive investment in premium seating is the way to go about it. They need to do whatever it takes to make the experience good enough to lock in 35k who will stay for the whole game consistently. A consistently good product will take care of the rest.
The demand for premium seating options will be low or, as we already know, non-existent relative to certain options. Concessions and bathrooms will comprise most of what is done here, at least initially.

The premium seats/suite areas will mostly probably be bought out by businesses or high profile people, so those prices will be mostly unaffordable for most!
There were alot of questions about the metal seating, which tells me that they will do some sort of changes to those! Im sure most who took the survey put in for cushioned seating.
I also saw a question for putting in more concessions from local places like Buffalouis/kilroys/etc, which would be nice!

Cushioned seating=g would not be a good idea. They would would have to be replaced every few years due to the deterioration caused by weather and usage.

The premium seats/suite areas will mostly probably be bought out by businesses or high profile people, so those prices will be mostly unaffordable for most!
There were alot of questions about the metal seating, which tells me that they will do some sort of changes to those! Im sure most who took the survey put in for cushioned seating.
I also saw a question for putting in more concessions from local places like Buffalouis/kilroys/etc, which would be nice!

While local food options would be nice, my biggest gripe with concessions isn't so much the selection but the quality (stale popcorn, flat drinks etc).

I think the mobile ordering of concessions would be nice if it results in not having to spend time standing in long lines. I think that would have to be combined with having stellar free wifi service (so people can connect to make their orders). Reception isn't always the greatest in the stadium (at least with my carrier). I'm guessing much of that is due to the number of people in close proximity though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoosier009
While local food options would be nice, ,my biggest gripe with concessions isn't so much the selection but the quality (stale popcorn, flat drinks etc).

I think the mobile ordering of concessions would be nice if it results in not having to spend time standing in long lines. I think that would have to be combined with having stellar free wifi service (so people can connect to make their orders). Reception isn't always the greatest in the stadium (at least with my carrier). I'm guessing much of that is due to the number of people in close proximity though.
I like the Grab No Go option. Also a sports bar type concept in one of the concourses sounds interesting. May get more people into the stadium spending money well before the game. I was not a fan of the net wealth question. I understand why just not a fan of the question.

I like the Grab No Go option. Also a sports bar type concept in one of the concourses sounds interesting. May get more people into the stadium spending money well before the game. I was not a fan of the net wealth question. I understand why just not a fan of the question

I skipped that net question! I wouldnt mind them brining back the beerman/woman so I wont have to get up to get a beer!

I skipped that net question! I wouldnt mind them brining back the beerman/woman so I wont have to get up to get a beer!

same here on the question. they could have at least put it as the first question then skipped all of the "would you pay over $1000 a seat" questions for those not worth enough.

This is why I think we will see a few options

Chairbacks for those that re willing to pay for some comfort in a good spot

Club areas with common social space for families and business entertainment

Rails are a good way to monitize extra space

Suites for a few families and business entertainment.

The corporate demand has been there for some time (no matter what the troll says), it will be interesting to see how many average ticket holders are interested in other premium options.

There will also be more targeted research done to get this right...and finally done!

How could the powers that be approve a plan to enclose the stadium and at the same time disregard the obvious issues associated with bathrooms and concessions?

But then again this is the same organization that ran out of pizza at the Purdue game in a stadium full of bird shit.

This is why I think we will see a few options

Chairbacks for those that re willing to pay for some comfort in a good spot

Club areas with common social space for families and business entertainment

Rails are a good way to monitize extra space

Suites for a few families and business entertainment.

The corporate demand has been there for some time (no matter what the troll says), it will be interesting to see how many average ticket holders are interested in other premium options.

There will also be more targeted research done to get this right...and finally done!
In fact, this confirms that the notion that we had been close to building suites was never the case, as I’ve said on a number of occasions. You don’t inquire about interest if you already have confirmed it. They’ve been trying to cultivate interest in them for years, no avail. This is proof of that fact. I’ll add it to your list.

A pretty thorough survey. I thought they drilled into a lot of areas.
I mentioned concourse congestion on the East side, lines for bathrooms extending into walkways, more concessions, beer only lines and who can forget….those t,v. monitors inside the concourse? Yes, I threw in a comment about that being a very easy fix for IU. A 32” 1990 Sanyo t.v. doesn’t scream updated after all of the money they spent on a scoreboard and ticker ribbon in the NEZ.

In fact, this confirms that the notion that we had been close to building suites was never the case, as I’ve said on a number of occasions. You don’t inquire about interest if you already have confirmed it. They’ve been trying to cultivate interest in them for years, no avail. This is proof of that fact. I’ll add it to your list.
Just stop

You are in no position (and never will be) to know what has been discussed prior to covid and the AD change.

You are not a ticket holder and certainly not a donor.

You are a troll.

I mentioned concourse congestion on the East side, lines for bathrooms extending into walkways, more concessions, beer only lines and who can forget….those t,v. monitors inside the concourse? Yes, I threw in a comment about that being a very easy fix for IU. A 32” 1990 Sanyo t.v. doesn’t scream updated after all of the money they spent on a scoreboard and ticker ribbon in the NEZ.
I knew you would get the larger tv thing in

The demand for premium seating options will be low or, as we already know, non-existent relative to certain options. Concessions and bathrooms will comprise most of what is done here, at least initially.

I think they gave a range of something like $2,400 -$1,200 per seat for those premium seats, which meant something like $200 to $400 per ticket per game.
I could be wrong… They had so many questions in there about premium, seating and suites that it’s hard to keep track of all the pricing.

I think they gave a range of something like $2,400 -$1,200 per seat for those premium seats, which meant something like $200 to $400 per ticket per game.
I could be wrong… They had so many questions in there about premium, seating and suites that it’s hard to keep track of all the pricing.
It was actually a bit higher than that plus you should expect a seat license fee for the big boy options.

The coporate stuff will go quickly, it is the average fan ponying up $400 a game for charibacks that is a tough sell when the team is not a winner.

They should put flag poles in front of the 32in tvs to make it feel at home lol

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Just stop

You are in no position (and never will be) to know what has been discussed prior to covid and the AD change.

You are not a ticket holder and certainly not a donor.

You are a troll.
Was just commenting on the false claim of demand for suites. I tried to tell you. And I received the survey because I’m all of those things.

• Haha
Reactions: Courtsensetwo
The demand for chair backs in Sections 5 through 7 will be the highest, but it will be interesting to see whether it’s sufficient to actually tear out seats. The concessions and restroom stuff will be far and away the most desired revisions / updates.

They forgot the most important questions...
1. Should we pay our coaches more
2.Should we build a new indoor practice arena
3.Should would remodel the SEZ for stadium seating
4.Should we remodel and extend the press box end to end on the west side
5. Should we enlarge the weight room, lounge area, locker rooms.
6. Should we upgrade our airplanes (not sure if they are leased)
7. Should we tear out aluminum benches and replace with crimson color composite pvc seats with high backs
8. Should we change the uniforms back to crimson color instead of red and black
9. Should we enclose the stadium so there is no wind tunnel and leaky roof, put the concession stands on the opposite side next to the enclosure walls and use the old concession space for larger restrooms
10. Should we us the tv revenue, donor money, and possibly some endowment money (where possible) to get these accomplished
And my favorite:
11 Should we redesign the cheerleader uniforms (NFL style) so they don't have to wear long sleeves and skirts in 90 degree heat.

Last edited:
Reactions: fieldjock
7. Should we tear out aluminum benches and replace with crimson color composite pvc seats with high backs
9. Should we enclose the stadium so there is no wind tunnel and leaky roof, put the concession stands on the opposite side next to the enclosure walls and use the old concession space for larger restrooms
10. Should we us the tv revenue, donor money, and possibly some endowment money (where possible) to get these accomplished
And my favorite:
11 Should we redesign the cheerleader uniforms (NFL style) so they don't have to wear long sleeves and skirts in 90 degree heat.
6. We charter commercial airline equipment for football trips. We don’t lease aircraft for football.

Was just commenting on the false claim of demand for suites. I tried to tell you. And I received the survey because I’m all of those things.
Good thing you can read what those of us who actually got the survey have posted so that you can “comment” on that.

And my favorite:
Some good “line” questions in there that I am sure are being discussed. The things that have to do with winning on the field.

The scope of this project is to determine what to do with the stadium as it relates to game day experiences.

Reactions: baileyiu
Good thing you can read what those of us who actually got the survey have posted so that you can “comment” on that.
No, already received and returned mine. Just so you know, it opens with a video by Dolson. it requires verification of one’s email address and other information, and it generally shows four renderings of different types of amenities when asking specific questions about potential interest. “Living Room” suite was a term I hadn’t heard previously.

Maybe your parents will show you theirs, or perhaps a friend will share additional details with you. And there’s always Mark and Harry. Ding. Lol.

No, already received and returned mine. Just so you know, it opens with a video by Dolson. it requires verification of one’s email address and other information, and it generally shows four renderings of different types of amenities when asking specific questions about potential interest. “Living Room” suite was a term I hadn’t heard previously.

Maybe your parents will show you theirs, or perhaps a friend will share additional details with you. And there’s always Mark and Harry. Ding. Lol.
My parents passed, but thanks for asking asshole.

You have glomed onto information provided by other posters since your beginning. Glad to be able to help you again this time.

You are welcome.

Last edited:
You have glomed onto information provided by other posters since your beginning. Glad to be able to help you again this time.

You are welcome.
Nah, but I’m glad to be able to help you have better insight into IU. Helping you learn about the stadium and the program has been enjoyable, especially in regard to the stadium. If you get to see the survey, I think you’ll find it interesting. They ask extensively about premium seating, including suites. Remember, I tried to tell you and save you the embarrassment.

Nah, but I’m glad to be able to help you have better insight into IU. Helping you learn about the stadium and the program has been enjoyable, especially in regard to the stadium. If you get to see the survey, I think you’ll find it interesting. They ask extensively about premium seating, including suites. Remember, I tried to tell you and save you the embarrassment.

Which is what you read from myself and others.

We give you the info so you can do...what you always do.

You are welcome.

• Haha
Reactions: Jackskip23
90% of the pricing mentioned was absolutely insane. There is not any significant demand for those products even corporately at the pricing they were floating.

The prices so immensely out pace the market and more specifically market value of IU football as to leave an impression of ignorance on the part of the survey company.

Reactions: baileyiu
90% of the pricing mentioned was absolutely insane. There is not any significant demand for those products even corporately at the pricing they were floating.

The prices so immensely out pace the market and more specifically market value of IU football as to leave an impression of ignorance on the part of the survey company.
Pricing for sporting events is highly elastic. A tall back seat in the lower center of Mich stadium or Ahia Donkeyshoe will draw the $450ish we saw suggested long before and in larger numbers than MS will.

Pricing will be crucial to get all of this off of the ground even on the corporate options which are already in demand. Adjust the price if and when the winning starts and the market grows.

Some good “line” questions in there that I am sure are being discussed. The things that have to do with winning on the field.

The scope of this project is to determine what to do with the stadium as it relates to game day experiences.
I noticed that when I took the survey. And the game day experience is very important (see#7, #9), but this has top priority. Wining is everything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT