ADVERTISEMENT

So.. tell me about your BTT experiences ...

Warison

Hall of Famer
Dec 13, 2010
Is it easy to scalp tickets?

Is Indy full of B1G fans that weekend?

The bar/restaurant scene?

The next 2 yrs the tourney goes out east. I think this is the last one in Indy until 2020.

The next 2 yrs the tourney goes out east. I think this is the last one in Indy until 2020.
Always people selling tickets so it will be easy. Plenty of Bars, restaurants, and clubs downtown. You will have a blast. If you need some specific ideas just let me know.

It is one of the best experiences a Big Ten basketball fan can fan.

Indy is easy to get around, plenty of restaurants and bars, tons of fans from most schools, and easy to scalp tickets.

Even if you don't get into the games, its still fun to watch games in the bars your fan base is assigned to.

Been to Chicago and Indy multiple times and Indy BY FAR is a better experience.

It is one of the best experiences a Big Ten basketball fan can fan.

Indy is easy to get around, plenty of restaurants and bars, tons of fans from most schools, and easy to scalp tickets.

Even if you don't get into the games, its still fun to watch games in the bars your fan base is assigned to.

Been to Chicago and Indy multiple times and Indy BY FAR is a better experience.

Everything within walking distance is the key! Any kind of bar or restaraunt you want is at your beckon call!!

Indy does a awesome job with the BTT. You can walk everywhere and there are plenty of bars, restaurants, shopping, and attractions to keep you occupied.

When it's in Chicago it's an afterthought to the idiot UI fans who have daddy's tickets to next Bulls game.

Tickets won't be a problem. You can buy them in bars from the drunk Illinois and Purdue fans after they lose. I actually found a pair of good tickets on the floor of a bar once. True story.

Indianapolis has hosting big events down to a science given our history of being a venue for so many Final Fours and a Super Bowl.

Make sure you get a room centrally located downtown so you can enjoy it all. If IU can secure the #1 seed it will be crazy this year.

See you there. Go Hoosiers!

My wife and I have always gone to Indy just to party in the streets without actually going inside the arena. We'll watch IU on a public big TV screen. It's easy for us to do because we live about an hour drive south of Indy. It's a fun atmosphere throughout the southern downtown area but particularly centered on Georgia St. Of course, it helps if the weather is decent for outdoor bands, cheerleaders, vendors, etc. Everyone wears their team's colors and is friendly to one another...it's all Big Ten, after all. IU fans always outnumber others. Each team has a designated bar with IU's usually being Kilroy's. I highly recommend it to those who like to eat, drink and generally be merry. With IU on a roll (as I speak), it makes it potentially even better...we can walk around town with a little more swagger...a little more bounce to our step since we're the darlings of the tournament (Hey, enjoy it while we can!) With the tourney leaving after this year for the next two years, I say, "Get your butt there and let's have some fun...let's make some noise!" I'm getting excited for the event just thinking about how much fun we have every year it is here.

Reactions: Warison
My wife and I have always gone to Indy just to party in the streets without actually going inside the arena. We'll watch IU on a public big TV screen. It's easy for us to do because we live about an hour drive south of Indy. It's a fun atmosphere throughout the southern downtown area but particularly centered on Georgia St. Of course, it helps if the weather is decent for outdoor bands, cheerleaders, vendors, etc. Everyone wears their team's colors and is friendly to one another...it's all Big Ten, after all. IU fans always outnumber others. Each team has a designated bar with IU's usually being Kilroy's. I highly recommend it to those who like to eat, drink and generally be merry. With IU on a roll (as I speak), it makes it potentially even better...we can walk around town with a little more swagger...a little more bounce to our step since we're the darlings of the tournament (Hey, enjoy it while we can!) With the tourney leaving after this year for the next two years, I say, "Get your butt there and let's have some fun...let's make some noise!" I'm getting excited for the event just thinking about how much fun we have every year it is here.
Awesome. Done Deal.

yea it really is a must do. i remember going one year and i went to all of the sessions, every day. it was awesome (until Recker beat us). fans in their colors and bars for each team. great atmosphere. should be in indy every single year no question. have fun

Awesome. Done Deal.
Great! Look for me...I'll be the one in a red sweater and glazed look in my eyes. Give me a "high" sign so I'll know it's you. At some point I'll be at St. Elmo's sipping on a Manhattan while eating shrimp cocktail with tears in my eyes...tears of pure joy! Hey, another favorite place of ours is their sister restaurant, Harry and Izzy's (Peyton Manning owns a steak...uh, stake in it). They have a more varied menu. It can sometimes be easier to get in there. They have great burgers and I also go for their roast beef au jus sandwich. Oceanaire on South Meridian is another recommended fine dining establishment. Go there to slide some oysters while quaffing beer at the bar, if nothing else. Of course, if you want to keep it simple and cheaper, go to Steak and Shake...can't go wrong there if you don't need to imbibe the amber nectar of the Gods.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT