ADVERTISEMENT

So I'm leaving for Boulder tomorrow

zeke4ahs

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2003
And going on a "green trip" , limo and all, while I am there. I may know as much as TMP by the time I return. Has anyone done this?

Reactions: kkott
Are you referring to a legit tour company taking you around?

I've been sampling the goods my last three trips out there. Quite enjoyable to get a wide variety and compare. But that was just on our own.

Yup, it's a legit company that advertises tours. They were featured on CBS. They pick you up in a limo and take you to multiple dispensaries and explain different types, etc. Six of us going, so it should be fun and educational! And I imagine we will have some drive through food while we are at it. That probably is pretty common.

Yup, it's a legit company that advertises tours. They were featured on CBS. They pick you up in a limo and take you to multiple dispensaries and explain different types, etc. Six of us going, so it should be fun and educational! And I imagine we will have some drive through food while we are at it. That probably is pretty common.
Man, Zizkov had that same idea 4 years ago. Do you get to tour a grow area? I have, in Denver, and in Lansing. Indoor and outdoor. Pretty cool.

Very fun, there are several tours operating out there, and I'd be into doing one. I'm usually just out there to ski, so haven't had the time to take one yet. Most I've seen are in Denver, is yours in Boulder?

I had not seen any using limos, but that's a cool addition. The amount and velocity of change in the industry between my trips the last couple years has been amazing.

Visit a retail grow operation, visit a glass gallery, (?), relax at a private cannabis lounge, get one on one advice from an expert at local dispensaries. Free refreshments or BYOB. Smoke cannabis in your private limo.

One thing that surprises me...the Boulder shops close at 7! Why in the world?

Very fun, there are several tours operating out there, and I'd be into doing one. I'm usually just out there to ski, so haven't had the time to take one yet. Most I've seen are in Denver, is yours in Boulder?

I had not seen any using limos, but that's a cool addition. The amount and velocity of change in the industry between my trips the last couple years has been amazing.
You could choose either Boulder or Denver.

Visit a retail grow operation, visit a glass gallery, (?), relax at a private cannabis lounge, get one on one advice from an expert at local dispensaries. Free refreshments or BYOB. Smoke cannabis in your private limo.

One thing that surprises me...the Boulder shops close at 7! Why in the world?

I believe it's all local ordinances when it comes to hours, locations, etc

And going on a "green trip" , limo and all, while I am there. I may know as much as TMP by the time I return. Has anyone done this?

I go out to Denver area at least once a year for work and enjoy visiting dispensaries when I do, just for the novelty of seeing so many different varieties and getting to talk weed like a wine or beer snob. I'm neither, but if I were to get in to one that way, I think it would definitely be weed, as the others I find annoying or boring.

I've only visited a handful, but my favorite was Helping Hands in Boulder. They had a great selection and their staff was excellent in helping out a noob. Might have helped that they had a busty, good-looking hippy chick working there. Maybe. Sorry, no pics, except the one in my head.

I find watching the legal market develop, maturing from a black market, to a quasi legal, now to a fully legally ( Fed not withstanding) market pretty fascinating.

Prices and supply volume have been pretty volatile, at least on the wholesale market. Seems it will take some years for the market to stabilize, and a lot of the operators will likely end up failing, as pricing pressure squeezes margins.

https://blog.cannabase.io/cannalytics-wholesale-marijuana-market-update-july-2015/

I noticed things like clearance sale flowers last visit, with certain strains selling at 30+% discounts just so the retailers could clear inventory.

Man, Zizkov had that same idea 4 years ago. Do you get to tour a grow area? I have, in Denver, and in Lansing. Indoor and outdoor. Pretty cool.

Man, I wish I had time to develop that here. I have done walking tours for a few years now and combining that with smoking would be great. Czech history is full of crazy stories, a stoner walking tour of Prague would be perfect. Day and night.

I go out to Denver area at least once a year for work and enjoy visiting dispensaries when I do, just for the novelty of seeing so many different varieties and getting to talk weed like a wine or beer snob. I'm neither, but if I were to get in to one that way, I think it would definitely be weed, as the others I find annoying or boring.

I've only visited a handful, but my favorite was Helping Hands in Boulder. They had a great selection and their staff was excellent in helping out a noob. Might have helped that they had a busty, good-looking hippy chick working there. Maybe. Sorry, no pics, except the one in my head.

Turns out there is a pic. Not exactly factual, but this will work for the story:

JMH_4135.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT