ADVERTISEMENT

So, how long will we be talking about the February 3, 2022

Everyone realizes that these bad weather predictions are bought and paid for by milk, egg, and bread producers.

1. BIG GROCERY is in league with BIG WEATHER
2. I'm convinced it will rain, then rain some more, than sleet, then 2" of snow. Yawn

Reactions: zeke4ahs
Good Lord I went to the store yesterday to grab a few things...1st store parking lot full so I left. 2nd store half the shelves were empty on every aisle. Hilarious.
We normally shop on Sunday, realistically is there any chance I can't get to the store by Sunday? And we could go a couple more days. I get some people way out 8n the country, but city dwellers will be out and about Saturday. If not Friday evening.

Reactions: TomEric4756
Gonna be a whiteout here soon. Can't wait. I'll do my yearly deal first and that's find a parking lot, turn off the traction control, and let er rip. Donuts and crazy spins. I may be older but I'm still a kid at heart. I'll wake up tomorrow morning, grab a hot cup a Joe and fire up the snow blower. Then take the neighbors kids and my daughter to a nearby hill and proceed to laugh and smile sledding the day away. Meanwhile, a pot of tortellini stew will be waiting back home and a nice warm fire. Living the dream baby!

WTF is this. I can't wait until we can quit our damn jobs and get the house on the beach in the Carolinas. Enough of this snow shit.

Update from beautiful Carmel.....

The storm was, predictably, overhyped. That is all.

ps. I can't even bring myself to go shovel the whole inch of snow from my driveway.

ps. I can't even bring myself to go shovel the whole inch of snow from my driveway.
It's hard for the snow to get through that Waterford dome.

The guys on BAMwx.com were still calling for around 11 inches in Indy.

A bit of ice and sleet in Bton. no actual snow to speak of. I don't think I'm even going to be able to blow off work.

Up in the northern part of the state (Auburn), we've got around 7 inches of snow I would imagine. The worst part right now though is its blowing, so the roads are getting coveted as soon as they are plowed. News is saying another 3-5 on the way today with 30-40 mile an hour winds, which is brutal out here for us country folk. Thank God everything closed down around here today.

Snowing pretty good here. I thought mail carriers had a creed. Day two with no mail. And today is worse. Day three. I need my hair medicine. F*ck

I wonder if that's the 2-4" we were supposed to get last night or the 2-4" we're supposed to get today?
2nd round. We’ve only had sleet and freezing rain. Which is what was forecast for us.
Northern Indiana was supposed to get hammered (sounds like Hoopsdoc was the only one) the first go around.

A bit of ice and sleet in Bton. no actual snow to speak of. I don't think I'm even going to be able to blow off work.

I hadn't seen it when I posted the above, but I got a text telling me to stay home earlier this morning. Buncha pussies.

A few very light snow flurries in Bton currently. Gonna hafta crank it up a bunch to get anywhere close to the amount of snow they were talking about. I paid the neighbor last night to shovel my snow today. He's going to get off light.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I was just scoping...fresh market open, fresh thyme open, Walmart open, mcds and all the fast food open. Roads are bad and hardly anyone out.

Edit: Highlight of my trip. Beemer going down 146th barely making it and had Florida plates. Gotta be one of those "I wonder if" moments. :)

A few very light snow flurries in Bton currently. Gonna hafta crank it up a bunch to get anywhere close to the amount of snow they were talking about. I paid the neighbor last night to shovel my snow today. He's going to get off light.

Snow coming down pretty good now. May get a sizeable amount after all.

Reactions: Spartans9312
I do like the tv reporters videoing themselves driving while saying, "DPW urges people to stay off the roads".
Looks like they are right … roads looked as miserable as I recall seeing them in recent memory after about 6-7” yesterday and another 6-7” today.

Current on campus residents will probably talk about as much as those attending in 77 and 78 talk about those horizontal snowfall events.

Looks like they are right … roads looked as miserable as I recall seeing them in recent memory after about 6-7” yesterday and another 6-7” today.
Can't speak to the roads since I haven't been out, but here in Bton it looks like we got about six inches total. PITA, but nothing memorable.

Can't speak to the roads since I haven't been out, but here in Bton it looks like we got about six inches total. PITA, but nothing memorable.
Officially, we got 11 inches up here, but my effort to shovel snow in the driveway today suggests that's an underestimate.

Edit: Whitley County right next door reported 15 inches. That sounds more ike it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spartans9312
We had a little over 4 at 5pm. I have a cheap little snow thrower and it can do 4 inches in a pass, it got just about to pavement.

Can anyone link the IU barstool Twitter here? It shows IU snow day. Pretty much what you’d expect!

2nd round. We’ve only had sleet and freezing rain. Which is what was forecast for us.
Northern Indiana was supposed to get hammered (sounds like Hoopsdoc was the only one) the first go around.
We got maybe 6 inches(you’d think I’d know what that looks like) here in Daviess County but it’s still snowing this morning. Roads are pretty bad.

I’m off work again, but I’m ferrying kids around. My daughter works at the hospital so I had to take her to work last night and I’m picking her up this morning.

Having a four wheel drive is nice.

We got maybe 6 inches(you’d think I’d know what that looks like) here in Daviess County but it’s still snowing this morning. Roads are pretty bad.

I’m off work again, but I’m ferrying kids around. My daughter works at the hospital so I had to take her to work last night and I’m picking her up this morning.

I was more talking about you being in a half bottle of bourbon.
I didn’t get out yesterday but have already been out this morning. It’s not too bad even here in the sticks

I have just a two-wheel, but this was my first year ever buying winter tires. I have to go out this morning so I get to see how they work.

Grew up right next door in Elkhart. '78 was incredible. I still remember the walls of snow on each side of our driveway, that in my memory right now stand 12' tall, and all the snow forts (made with that plastic brick maker) and secret tunnels I dug out. Glorious times!

In Chicago now and the snow is a pittance compared to lake effect snow. But I've got my snowblower gassed up and the home made chicken noodle soup simmering on the stove right now.

And to prove the younger generation is weak, they've already cancelled school tomorrow with a mere 6-15" forecasted here.
Got a heated bulletproof vest?

And to prove the younger generation is weak, they've already cancelled school tomorrow with a mere 6-15" forecasted here.
Growing up in Columbus, our super would cancel school if the forecast called for snow. I remember often walking to my school to play basketball on days school was cancelled, we just shoveled a little snow off or sometimes the court was just wet.

Then they hired a guy from Wisconsin. Everything changed and it was a culture shock. 6 inches meant the busses ran snow routes. Being a walker, it was really annoying as no one cleared sidewalks at 7AM (if ever).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT