ADVERTISEMENT

So, how long will we be talking about the February 3, 2022

Bulk VanderHuge

Hall of Famer
Dec 20, 2017
The Southern Sun
snow storm?
BAM weather, which is a bunch of weather uber nerds who usually get things right, are saying up to 16" in Indy, calling it a historic 2 day total (Thursday/Friday)...definitely in the top 10 two day totals in Indy history.
Anyone want to start a pool on the totals at the airport?
I say 13.5".
Better go buy your french toast ingredients.

snow storm?
BAM weather, which is a bunch of weather uber nerds who usually get things right, are saying up to 16" in Indy, calling it a historic 2 day total (Thursday/Friday)...definitely in the top 10 two day totals in Indy history.
I say 13.5".
I will take the under. Seems to me these always start as some magnificent storm, only to end up being a dusting.

snow storm?
I say 13.5".
French toast ingredients? Boubon in French toast sounds good. What do you do with the milk, bread, and eggs?

snow storm?
I say 13.5".
Yeah, I'm with @IUJIM

Promises, promises and then **sad trombone**

I bet it just rains. So I'll say 4 inches of mud.

Reactions: IUJIM
snow storm?
I say 13.5".

My Accuweather is saying 4"-8" total by Thursday evening.

I hate this kind of shit. There's a young teenage boy across the street I've watched grow up. He's going to get a chance to make some money.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
My Accuweather is saying 4"-8" total by Thursday evening.

I hate this kind of shit. There's a young teenage boy across the street I've watched grow up. He's going to get a chance to make some money.
My neighbor was instrumental in helping to get me going on manufacturing. He's probably 70 now with a bum knee. I always go over and shovel his driveway after I finish mine. I'm at prime heart attack age now...I HATE WINTER.

My neighbor was instrumental in helping to get me going on manufacturing. He's probably 70 now with a bum knee. I always go over and shovel his driveway after I finish mine. I'm at prime heart attack age now...I HATE WINTER.

I hate it as well. Never could abide the cold, and it's gotten worse over the years. And I've gone downhill bigtime stamina-wise in the last five years or so. It would take me all day to dig out the boss from our teeny driveway and me from the street. Assuming I didn't keel over.

Reactions: mcmurtry66 and NPT
There were models last night that had Bloomington with 2/3 inch of freezing rain. That has changed today, thankfully. There is no realistic amount of snow that would make me prefer .67 of freezing rain.

I will go with 10.5 in Indy, 6 in Bloomington. There is a weather guy I think in Jasper I also watch on Facebook (southern Indiana Weather). For those Bloomington and south he’s a pretty good source. BAM is great for the middle.

I hate it as well. Never could abide the cold, and it's gotten worse over the years. And I've gone downhill bigtime stamina-wise in the last five years or so. It would take me all day to dig out the boss from our teeny driveway and me from the street. Assuming I didn't keel over.
Yeah screw that. Give that teenager $20 or a six pack or something

I love snow! I can’t wait… went to store several days ago, made chili, reading a good book and will likely find something to binge. And I’ll put a little something something in my hot chocolate. Only problem is getting the pup outside. I’m betting 10 inches for Indy. Oh and my neighborhood association pays for snow removal.

Meh.. nothing will top the blizzard of ‘78 when I was a kid in South Bend. I believe we had close to 40 inches over a day and a half. And 8-12 inch snowfalls seemed like a weekly occurrence back then.

Meh.. nothing will top the blizzard of ‘78 when I was a kid in South Bend. I believe we had close to 40 inches over a day and a half. And 8-12 inch snowfalls seemed like a weekly occurrence back then.

I was in my early 20s, selling cars for the local small town Chevy dealer. This was before four wheel drive was in vogue; the only people who had 4WD were farmers and construction workers and others who needed it every day for work purposes. Being a small farming community, we had four 4WD trucks on the lot. When the blizzard hit, the Red Cross set up shop in our showroom and those trucks were used to rescue people and/or take food and supplies out to people in the countryside. When everything wound down, those trucks were cleaned up and sold for full sticker + $500.

I was in my early 20s, selling cars for the local small town Chevy dealer. This was before four wheel drive was in vogue; the only people who had 4WD were farmers and construction workers and others who needed it every day for work purposes. Being a small farming community, we had four 4WD trucks on the lot. When the blizzard hit, the Red Cross set up shop in our showroom and those trucks were used to rescue people and/or take food and supplies out to people in the countryside. When everything wound down, those trucks were cleaned up and sold for full sticker + $500.
I still remember it. My dad had an old Cj7. Fond memories making runs to the store in that old junker Jeep

I was a bit younger (3) but there’s a scrapbook with tons of pics of me and the sis in the snow. Drift up near the roof of my parents house. Dad says they found two cars buried at the bottom of the hill where our road connected with SR 38. Luckily nobody was in them.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I was a bit younger (3) but there’s a scrapbook with tons of pics of me and the sis in the snow. Drift up near the roof of my parents house. Dad says they found two cars buried at the bottom of the hill where our road connected with SR 38. Luckily nobody was in them.
I feel like power goes out more frequently now. I don't remember ever losing power as a kid

Grew up right next door in Elkhart. '78 was incredible. I still remember the walls of snow on each side of our driveway, that in my memory right now stand 12' tall, and all the snow forts (made with that plastic brick maker) and secret tunnels I dug out. Glorious times!

In Chicago now and the snow is a pittance compared to lake effect snow. But I've got my snowblower gassed up and the home made chicken noodle soup simmering on the stove right now.

And to prove the younger generation is weak, they've already cancelled school tomorrow with a mere 6-15" forecasted here.

Nugenix will help with that stamina. And she'll like it too! ha ha

Reactions: largemouth
And to prove the younger generation is weak, they've already cancelled school tomorrow with a mere 6-15" forecasted here.

That's what I'm counting on so the kid across the street can get started digging bright and early in the morning.

Then leave. Never understood people that bitch about cold weather and snow and still live here.

Grew up right next door in Elkhart. '78 was incredible. I still remember the walls of snow on each side of our driveway, that in my memory right now stand 12' tall, and all the snow forts (made with that plastic brick maker) and secret tunnels I dug out. Glorious times!

In Chicago now and the snow is a pittance compared to lake effect snow. But I've got my snowblower gassed up and the home made chicken noodle soup simmering on the stove right now.

Whoa Elkhart. I graduated Central 1979. Remember that blizzard well. My brother and I walked up on our roof on a drift. Crazy shit.

snow storm?
I say 13.5".
Son at Purdue says they’re predicting 28” there.

Here in Cincy we only cancel school for Super Bowls

I was a senior in highschool in 78. When the snow was done a neighbor and I walked a mile to a classmates house, as we were walking on the crust of the snow I clipped something with my foot. It was the top of a mailbox. We had good sized farm tractors and we could only clear the drive. The county used two giant bucket loaders to clear the road north of us. The snow was 10'+ high on either side of the road for about 100'.

Reactions: outside shooter
Meh, I'd say just enough to force me to have to shovel snow, but not enough to get me out of needing to be in the office at 8 AM sharp. In other words, The Sweet Spot.

We had our three days of winter, right?

You dodged the falling Iguanas I trust?
Not many iguanas here. I see a few now and then, but their main range extends to about 5 miles south of me (Jupiter area). But they are coming. West Palm has tons of them.

Back into the 70s today!

Back into the 70s today!
Gonna be a whiteout here soon. Can't wait. I'll do my yearly deal first and that's find a parking lot, turn off the traction control, and let er rip. Donuts and crazy spins. I may be older but I'm still a kid at heart. I'll wake up tomorrow morning, grab a hot cup a Joe and fire up the snow blower. Then take the neighbors kids and my daughter to a nearby hill and proceed to laugh and smile sledding the day away. Meanwhile, a pot of tortellini stew will be waiting back home and a nice warm fire. Living the dream baby!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT