ADVERTISEMENT

So, getting ready to get back into the dating pool...12 years now...

IUdonger

All-American
May 26, 2006
Palatine Hill
any advise would be appreciated. Also, I already know:

-Wrap it
-Don't date a psycho bitch (but aren't they all?)
-I'm not gay, Cap

Keep in mind, not exactly good with the ladies before my Hell on Earth of 12 years of marriage.

Well banging your neighbor's wife is pretty standard advice, seems extra appropriate here. After you get that out of your system, are you looking for someone else with kids to actually date or are you just looking to get inside some young and dumb strange?

Reactions: IUdonger

-Wrap it
-I'm not gay, Cap

Keep in mind, not exactly good with the ladies before my Hell on Earth of 12 years of marriage.
Well my advice is not very OTF worthy I guess, but to find dates you have to put yourself out there. Plenty of ways to do that with dating sites that range from actually finding "the one" to finding hook ups or "**ck buddies".

After my divorce, a friend told me to not get into any kind of serious relationship for at least a year. I thought he was nuts, until one started getting pretty serious about 3 months after. I stopped it, because I wasn't ready. The emotions were still raw and I had MAJOR trust issues. But in time, after dating around and living life for awhile, all that passed, and I have a wonderful wife and life now. And know doubt the same will happen to you as well.

So be patient and enjoy playing the field for awhile.

Reactions: CGW-89 and IUdonger
Dumb and young. I really don't mind if she has kids, it means she likes it in the butt. Looking for the opposite of my damn ex. Outgoing, tats...etc all a plus.

I would suggest do everything: use dating apps, go to bars, concerts, festivals, reconnect with any single friends you abandoned for years b/c you were married with kids and boring and use them to insert yourself back in the social scene. You'll be good to go. You own a home, you have a job, as long as your dick still works and you don't have a gut so big it obscures your view of it, you will find some ladies who will drop their panties. Just make sure you don't get involved with young and dumb who wants to also play mommy - those are some of the craziest of the crazies.

Reactions: Lucy01 and IUdonger
Well my advice is not very OTF worthy I guess, but to find dates you have to put yourself out there. Plenty of ways to do that with dating sites that range from actually finding "the one" to finding hook ups or "**ck buddies".

After my divorce, a friend told me to not get into any kind of serious relationship for at least a year. I thought he was nuts, until one started getting pretty serious about 3 months after. I stopped it, because I wasn't ready. The emotions were still raw and I had MAJOR trust issues. But in time, after dating around and living life for awhile, all that passed, and I have a wonderful wife and life now. And know doubt the same will happen to you as well.

So be patient and enjoy playing the field for awhile.
I don't want to do online dating. I just feel like getting myself out there doing stuff that I want to do and enjoying my life. That is where I am at right now. I am going to wait until at least next year to get serious. But still wouldn't be opposed to the occasional mind blowing fook.

I don't want to do online dating.

Keep in mind online dating does not mean the same thing as the last time you were single. Some of the chicks you're going to be interested in just text on their phones and have probably not made a personal phone call to anyone other than their mother in years. This is how single people 30 and under meet up. Tinder, bumble, match, etc. just download the apps on your phone. Swipe through the profiles and its an easy way to meet chicks who are cool with casual stuff too.

Reactions: cryano and IUdonger

-Wrap it
-I'm not gay, Cap

I've been off the market since I met my wife at a party at the Union Square apartments in Bloomington in 2001, so I can't give any advice, but I've gotta think you won't have much trouble if you just tell them your name is IUDonger.

Dumb and young. I really don't mind if she has kids, it means she likes it in the butt. Looking for the opposite of my damn ex. Outgoing, tats...etc all a plus.

If a woman has kids, it means she likes it in the butt?

I've been off the market since I met my wife at a party at the Union Square apartments in Bloomington in 2001, so I can't give any advice, but I've gotta think you won't have much trouble if you just tell them your name is IUDonger.

If a woman has kids, it means she likes it in the butt?
Affirmative. It's what I've found in my limited experience of dating after our split last year. My ex-wife was my first, since then, slept with three other chicks, all with kids, all liked the buttsecks.

Start asking out women you know you have no shot at. Women that aren't even in your league. Women you have no business talking too. Be confident. Apply the Mike Demone tactics. Get them drunk, keep them there. Don't tell them anything. Let them do all the talking. You're only job is to make them laugh and go to pound town.

You'll be surprised on how well you do.

8642bc142b5fd8344e026384c24b2085.jpg

There is zero logic to that 2nd sentence. That's a typo, right?

Reactions: Lucy01
Well, I've recently gone through the same thing. It's different, but more of the same. It seems to me there are generally two types of chicks out there in the "post divorce" world:

1. Perpetually single ones that pretend they want a serious boyfriend, but are really just there for the party and run around in a pack of other singles that all go to the same places. They've all dated the dudes that run around with them. This is a fun group to run around with at the beginning but it can get a little old after a while.

2. Ready to get married after the second date. I had one of these attach herself to me and had to back away... These are some of the craziest ones out there! Sometimes you don't know it until its too late and then you are in the red-flag mine field!

Rarely is there a happy medium where you don't 'define' your relationship, but just move at a pace you both are comfortable with... Until you find this one, man-whore away!!!

Start asking out women you know you have no shot at. Women that aren't even in your league. Women you have no business talking too. Be confident. Apply the Mike Demone tactics. Get them drunk, keep them there. Don't tell them anything. Let them do all the talking. You're only job is to make them laugh and go to pound town.

You'll be surprised on how well you do.

8642bc142b5fd8344e026384c24b2085.jpg
This. Confidence. Humor is KEY. Listening and interest (real or perceived) to what they're talking about. Relax. Have fun and they will too. The general rule for age is 1/2 your age plus 7 years is the youngest you should go. I know a couple guys that have broken this rule (not by much), but by and large, it's a good rule to adhere to.

Reactions: CGW-89 and IUdonger
Cap, I'm no genius, but this last sentence makes me think you're still in the hunt!

-Wrap it
-I'm not gay, Cap

I hear Craigslist is a good way to meet chicks.

-Wrap it
-I'm not gay, Cap

Walk up to the best looking girl in the bar and say "I was married for 12 years - today is my first day of freedom - I swore I'd find the best looking woman in the city and ask her out - so - do you know any nice looking ladies?"

I would suggest do everything: use dating apps, go to bars, concerts, festivals, reconnect with any single friends you abandoned for years b/c you were married with kids and boring and use them to insert yourself back in the social scene. You'll be good to go. You own a home, you have a job, as long as your dick still works and you don't have a gut so big it obscures your view of it, you will find some ladies who will drop their panties. Just make sure you don't get involved with young and dumb who wants to also play mommy - those are some of the craziest of the crazies.
Don't forget friends of your ex-wife or coworkers of hers.

Reactions: comfortliving

-Wrap it
-I'm not gay, Cap

Find hot chicks.
Take photos of them.
Post them here.
That is the best thing you can do.

-Wrap it
-I'm not gay, Cap

Good luck, dude.

If you're looking to bang hot, young chicks, I'm your guy.

If you're looking to find the right girl and have a meaningful relationship, figure it out and let me know the haps, yo.

Hint #1: There is no escaping an "online dating presence". Adapt or die.

I prefer Bumble.

If you dont want to marry someone with kids - dont date someoone w kids

Insert 'a redhead' 'a fat chick' 'an ebony co-worker' etc in underlined portion

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT