ADVERTISEMENT

So a good loss / close game is what IU has become

edub72

Junior
Jan 17, 2018
Totally pathetic after 4 years that people are tolerable of a good loss/close game. This is a terrible team with awful coaching towards the end and crunch time. Shot selection and offense is a complete joke. Wake up fans. It’s been 4 years of this shit. It’s IU not Nebraska or Penn St.

Totally pathetic after 4 years that people are tolerable of a good loss/close game. This is a terrible team with awful coaching towards the end and crunch time. Shot selection and offense is a complete joke. Wake up fans. It’s been 4 years of this shit. It’s IU not Nebraska or Penn St.
You should put that on a t-shirt.

edub72...
We put up with Crean much longer.
So prepare yourself...Archie gets at lest two more ..
And he'll have no pressure next year ..No matter what happens this year....
But I could see some after 2022...
I'm a almost at 50 yrs being a fan..And I'm p.o. on their performance..
Coaches & player's !!

Sad isn't it. On another thread somewhere a person stated they had gotten to the point that they don't care any longer. I'm getting there too unfortunately. It's to the point "we showed we could play" is IU basketball. Strive to be better instead of demanding excellence.

Last edited:
edub72...
We put up with Crean much longer.
So prepare yourself...Archie gets at lest two more ..
And he'll have no pressure next year ..No matter what happens this year....
But I could see some after 2022...
I'm a almost at 50 yrs being a fan..And I'm p.o. on their performance..
Coaches & player's !!

If things don't improve he'll get 1 more year, but not two.

Reactions: IUgradman
Sad isn't it. On another thread somewhere a person stated they had gotten to the point that they don't care any longer. I'm getting there too unfortunately. It's to the point "we showed we could play" is IU basketball. Strive to be better instead of demanding excellence.
I'm already there. I watch when I can, but don't carve out time like I used to. Plus I surf my phone half the time.

And we need to get rid of the three-point shot and the shot clock if we're going to get back to the glory years.

Also wouldn't hurt if we could eliminate free throws.

IU is not a blue blood basketball school. Until the administration decides it wants a successful program it will be like this for a good long time.

Ok, you have been given TOTAL control over the bball program. What are you going to do to restore the program?

Take into consideration the budget constraints especially in this time of CoVid.

Reactions: ThreeToMakeTwo

I've begun seriously doubting AM after watching him make no real effort to work the clock when down by 9 with 49 seconds left...

49 seconds is an eternity when used properly...!

I want a Coach who's still trying to win it with .09 seconds left on the clock... I really had always given him credit for having more heart than he showed me yesterday...

I didn't like what I saw against NW but AM made all the right noises and I gave him the benefit of the doubt... He's lost that benefit after yesterday's effort...

Guess I'm spoiled to have lived long enough to have seen McCracken and Knights' Teams play... Teams that played with a willingness to leave blood on the floor type of effort on both ends of the floor, who played tough And smart..., with Coaches who actually knew what the hell they were trying to accomplish and how to go about getting there...

Once you've been blessed to have been allowed to watch that type of Really fine Basketball..., then all this half assed..., AAU summer league scramble..., Horse Manure... where the teams greatest focus seems to be on who can best get themselves noticed most by wearing the most unique pair of shoes (what ever happened to f__king "uniform"... uniforms??) rather than by how well they can actually play is something that (at least this INDIANA fan) can easily learn to live without...

Last edited:
I've begun seriously doubting AM after watching him make no real effort to work the clock when down by 9 with 49 seconds left...

I want a Coach who's still trying to win it with .09 seconds left on the clock... I really had always given him credit for having more heart than he showed me yesterday...

I didn't like what I saw against NW but AM made all the right noises and I gave him the benefit of the doubt... He's lost that benefit after yesterday's effort...

Guess I'm spoiled to have lived long enough to have seen McCracken and Knight Teams play... Teams that played with a willingness to leave blood on the floor type of effort on both ends of the floor, who played tough And smart..., with Coaches who actually knew what the hell they were trying to accomplish and how to go about getting there...

Once you've been blessed to have been allowed to watch that type of Really fine Basketball..., then all this half assed..., AAU summer league scramble..., Horse Manure... where the teams greatest focus seems to be on who can best get themselves noticed most by wearing the most unique pair of shoes (what ever happened to f__king "uniform"... uniforms??) rather than by how well they can actually play is something that (at least this INDIANA fan) can easily learn to live without...
Thats why they had rules about hair too. Thats all look at me .Great players get you too look at them by play. The shoe stuff is ridiculous.

Reactions: Mr.IU

Guess I'm spoiled to have lived long enough to have seen McCracken and Knight Teams play... Teams that played with a willingness to leave blood on the floor type of effort on both ends of the floor, who played tough And smart..., with Coaches who actually knew what the hell they were trying to accomplish and how to go about getting there...

But Al’s yellow shoes.... precious

But Al’s yellow shoes.... precious

Al's yellow shoes weren't The problem, nor were the multiple other guys wearing everything from white to red to half and half..., but why should Archie, or anyone for that matter, expect them to play like a TEAM if he can't even get them to dress like one...

As for Al..., here's some pro advice: If you're going to go out of your way to draw attention to yourself try actually doing something to Merit the attention...

The we're so close, we could have won these big games with a lucky bounce, or good break, is nothing more than a Coach trolling for a Contract Extension when he doesn't deserve one. Next comes the "How do you expect me to recruit effectively when I only have one year left on my contract and the Kids aren't assured that I will be here during most or all of their Career?"

Reactions: IUgradman and Mr.IU

Guess I'm spoiled to have lived long enough to have seen McCracken and Knights' Teams play... Teams that played with a willingness to leave blood on the floor type of effort on both ends of the floor, who played tough And smart..., with Coaches who actually knew what the hell they were trying to accomplish and how to go about getting there...

That was driving me crazy. For the last 4+ minutes, when we still had a chance, and yet Armaan would stand there 10' from Ayo watching him dribble away those precious seconds on the clock. I've often wondered if this is the AAU mentality where kids don't seem to mind losing because there's always another game, but I swear I hated losing more at the HPER in a pickup game, than these kids do. Just no emotion zombies at the end of the game, or often times joking. I want kids who hate to lose and are pissed off when it happens. Maybe, hopefully, it happens in the locker room, but I sure don't see it at the end of games. Just resigned acceptance. It's one of the things I love about watching WVU play. He may not have the most talented teams, but Huggins almost always gets his kids to play hard to the end.

Reactions: 76-1

Thought you were done after the Northwestern game?

That was driving me crazy. For the last 4+ minutes, when we still had a chance, and yet Armaan would stand there 10' from Ayo watching him dribble away those precious seconds on the clock. I've often wondered if this is the AAU mentality where kids don't seem to mind losing because there's always another game, but I swear I hated losing more at the HPER in a pickup game, than these kids do. Just no emotion zombies at the end of the game, or often times joking. I want kids who hate to lose and are pissed off when it happens. Maybe, hopefully, it happens in the locker room, but I sure don't see it at the end of games. Just resigned acceptance. It's one of the things I love about watching WVU play. He may not have the most talented teams, but Huggins almost always gets his kids to play hard to the end.
Yes. Watching TJD &Ayo yucking it up while the game was imploding for us pissed me off. Maybe that’s a character flaw, but she I was coaching 3rd graders in church league bball a few years ago they were more intense than that

Ok, you have been given TOTAL control over the bball program. What are you going to do to restore the program?

Take into consideration the budget constraints especially in this time of CoVid.
How did Auburn (?) afford to fire the football coach w a $21,000,000 buyout? Donors pitch in to raise the $ to get rid of him simply bc they love their football. The money can always be there.

Reactions: IUgradman
How did Auburn (?) afford to fire the football coach w a $21,000,000 buyout? Donors pitch in to raise the $ to get rid of him simply bc they love their football. The money can always be there.

And made a very underwhelming hire because they didn’t have the money.

The money is there and not an issue.

Covid may spare him this season but the writing is on the wall. With McRobbie leaving I would be shocked if the BOT protected AM the way they did Crean.

Not even close to an answer to my question.

You’re truly clueless? They didn’t have they money? Wow.

They hired a guy with a $250k buyout (lunch money in that industry) and are going to be paying him significantly less than what they were paying Malzhan. They didn’t have the cash to make a big time hire as evident with the Harsin selection. Educate yourself, please. For all of us.

Reactions: Radio Zero
They hired a guy with a $250k buyout (lunch money in that industry) and are going to be paying him significantly less than what they were paying Malzhan. They didn’t have the cash to make a big time hire as evident with the Harsin selection. Educate yourself, please. For all of us.
Paying him less doesn’t mean they didn’t have the money. You have no idea what you’re talking about, “Coach”.

The sun came up today.

And, the sun set this evening.

Depending where you were, it rained or did not rain, or snowed or did not snow.

Is that what "we" have become?

No, but it is what happened and that makes it worth talking about. Or, you could dream about, well, anything else on your mind.

Just curious: how was your last major trip to your dentist? I bet you have some interesting things to say about your dentist. Please keep sharing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT