ADVERTISEMENT

Sneaking into IU's "War Room"

Ghostridah

Senior
Sep 30, 2006
I'm sure that somewhere in the bowels of the IU football offices... Maybe on a chalk board (too old)... Maybe on some dry erase board (too.... something) or maybe it's just on someone's computer.. IS IU's "BIG BOARD" or recruits... Mel Kiper isn't there. Nor Todd McShea.. But somewhere is a list of kids and their positions that IU covets more than the others as NLI day approaches in Feb.

Kids IU wants and think they can get... And realizing that some committed aren't sure till they sign. Do you keep recruiting kids with that in mind?

IU has a limited number of scholarships to grant. I don't know where they are coming from. But Matt seems to think they might approach 18-20 in total. With 12 currently taken....

Assistant coaches pulling and pushing for "their guy" to move up the list. Coach Wilson and Coaches Knorr and Johns scouring the list and determining team needs. The defense needs players.. Do they take a defender with the last ride who might be a stretch over a more talented offensive guy?
Assuming SIX additional players instead of EIGHT..
My own PERSONAL "Big Board" might include:

Jovan Swann
Collin Miller
Desmond Fitzpatrick
Amir Watts
McKenzie Nworah
Craig Watts

But wait... What about a juco tackle? They could use an OLB with speed. They still need one more TE? The Drayton kid from Florida is good..
The next few weeks will be fun AND interesting. And there's still a football game to watch.

And FRED... ABOUT THAT EXTENSION..
Go IU football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News