ADVERTISEMENT

Smart move IU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then how does public schools get away with it? There will be typical exemptions(religious, medical) but the vast majority will get them. So challenge all you want.

dont like the policies don’t go to IU.

Vegas had strict mask regulations until recently (opens fully June 1). I choose not to go because of it. Lots of education to be had in Vegas, so don’t give me that the two aren’t comparable. :).

Then how does public schools get away with it? There will be typical exemptions(religious, medical) but the vast majority will get them. So challenge all you want.
If there will be some exceptions then why announce that ALL students, faculty, and staff must be vaccinated? It would be better to accurately say what the policy is.

If there will be some exceptions then why announce that ALL students, faculty, and staff must be vaccinated? It would be better to accurately say what the policy is.
. I’m sure some of this will change. IU always postures first. Then they soften. They just want people to vaccinate. Same for a lot of businesses. Fight it if you want but sooner or later most just do it. It’s a choice just about everyone is going to have to make. I need to work so I chose to just do it. My tail is coming in quit nicely. I can hear Q in my head directly.

While I applaud the attitude, i wonder how it applies practically. Will I (a non student) show my jabcard when i enter the Union? MAC? Theatre?

Garbage. This will be challenged. A private university maybe, but not a public university.

I can't send peanut butter with my kid to a public school due to peanut allergies but you think they can't require a vaccination?

By the way, we have to show our kids are up to date on vaccinations to send them to public school so sorry but any challenge will fail

You guys realize there are certain vaccinations you have to take when starting school, right? How is this different?
You are right. When I went to Moody Bible Institute I had to have my shot records all up to date. All the students did. We had students from all over the world so if they had not had the vaccinations then we could have had third world diseases. I think the main reason why people are upset is because this is something new. It is a new disease. I got the Johnson and Johnson shot last Monday. It is a one time shot. I felt tired and achy for quite a bit of last week. The main reason why I got the shot at this time is because from reports we have heard Pennsylvania is going to open up. I figured it was the right time to get the shot since I won't be separating like I have this last year and a half. One other issue people have is new medicine. They don't want to take something which might be harmful. What I did was weigh my options. It is why I have waited this long to get the shot. I wanted to observe the news and see if a bunch of people have had trouble. We probably won't know for a while if there are any long lasting problems with the vaccine.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I worked with a hospital once. All employees, no exceptions religious or otherwise, had to have the flu shot or were fired. Several Amish were fired.
Even all of the vendors had to have shots. Visitors and patients did not.

You guys realize there are certain vaccinations you have to take when starting school, right? How is this different?
Well, this one has not been fully approved by the FDA past an emergency use authorization. And it is being required of an age group with a 99.8% survivability of the virus. Put the two of those together and it is asinine to require them all to take it.

Additionally, the vaccine does not keep you from catching the virus, it only makes it less worse if you do. So if they can still spread with the vaccine, they rarely die from it, then what is the point of forcing them to take it. The virus is more deadly for older people but if they have the vaccine they are good to go.

The only rubes are people who think that Johnson and Johnson and companies like it won't hide stuff like asbestos in their baby powder for 60 years in order to make a buck. People should have a right to refuse this shot until it is backed by long term research, this is particularly true for people who are likely to be impacted by the virus in a similar fashion to the flu (i.e. young adults)

The virus does not have a 99.8% survival rate and merely surviving it doesn’t mean you move on without adverse health effects. The vaccine greatly reduces transmission and even if you do catch the virus you likely wouldn’t even notice it. People need to get vaccinated to stop the spread, even if they don’t think the virus will kill them. The more it spreads, the greater the likelihood of variants emerging.

As a high school admin, you would be very surprised how many students are not vaccinated. You can say you want the vaccination record all day long, but if they refuse, schools ultimately are forced to take the child and provide a free and appropriate public (not private) education.

Last edited:
I worked with a hospital once. All employees, no exceptions religious or otherwise, had to have the flu shot or were fired. Several Amish were fired.
Even all of the vendors had to have shots. Visitors and patients did not.
We know this. That’s not the issue. Those are private owned/funded. The discussion here is public funded which is a bit tricky. Bottom line is they want/encourage you to get the vaccine.

The virus does not have a 99.8% survival rate and merely surviving it doesn’t mean you move on without adverse health effects. The vaccine greatly reduces transmission and even if you do catch the virus you likely wouldn’t even notice it. People need to get vaccinated to stop the spread, even if they don’t think the virus will kill them. The more it spreads, the greater the likelihood of variants emerging.
Just like most vaccines. It’s not a cure it just reduces symptoms and downtime. I for one would rather have less severe symptoms/sickness. I’ll trade 12 hours of feeling Bad than days/weeks/months. Who wants to permanently lose taste/smell?

What freedom are you losing ? The right to pick and choose what goes in your body! Much like the abortion issue.
It’s still a choice. You choose not to then you choose to go somewhere else. That goes both ways. You still have freedom. Just not the freedom you think.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Our past President himself was not immune, got a serious form of the virus disease, while flaunting the mask, then got vaccinated behind closed doors.
If he would have claimed the vaccine as a star of his time in office, everyone would have taken it, and he may have gotten re-elected.

If enough schools do this, it could have a positive impact on our quest for herd immunity. I will venture to guess that most college age kids who haven’t gotten the vaccine are not making that decision for political purposes. This should encourage a lot of people to get vaccinated

Last edited:
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Well, this one has not been fully approved by the FDA past an emergency use authorization. And it is being required of an age group with a 99.8% survivability of the virus. Put the two of those together and it is asinine to require them all to take it.

Additionally, the vaccine does not keep you from catching the virus, it only makes it less worse if you do. So if they can still spread with the vaccine, they rarely die from it, then what is the point of forcing them to take it. The virus is more deadly for older people but if they have the vaccine they are good to go.

The only rubes are people who think that Johnson and Johnson and companies like it won't hide stuff like asbestos in their baby powder for 60 years in order to make a buck. People should have a right to refuse this shot until it is backed by long term research, this is particularly true for people who are likely to be impacted by the virus in a similar fashion to the flu (i.e. young adults)
Lol. And we thought you were just ignorant about basketball!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT