ADVERTISEMENT

Shrewsberry to Notre Dame

IUNorth

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2002
I like this. Woodson does a good job at IU the next few years. Shrewsberry gets back in the state at a lesser program. He does well, then takes over for Woody in a few years.

I'd be down with that plan. I also think Markus Burton could really thrive in Shrews system. And it'd be cool for him to become a stud, having watching him so much these last 4 years.

I like this. Woodson does a good job at IU the next few years. Shrewsberry gets back in the state at a lesser program. He does well, then takes over for Woody in a few years.

I'd be down with that plan. I also think Markus Burton could really thrive in Shrews system. And it'd be cool for him to become a stud, having watching him so much these last 4 years.
If he does well there, you think he ends up at IU in a few years?

That seems like wishful thinking.

Reactions: kkott

IU in the B10 versus ND in the ACC seems like a higher platform, but ND and ACC is already pretty high level. Still at a school where bball is secondary. But, if we were to struggle over the next couple years and he gets it rolling there, it might be hard to pull him away. Still think IU has greater potential to be an elite, but the longer we go without being so, the farther that hope seems to drift.

3 years from now, if Woody has 3 good seasons…yes I think IU would be a much better and higher profile job than ND. Even if he does great things at ND.

Not sure if he’d be wanting to make that step up, or if he’d want that step up to be IU. But I’d bet a lot of money he’d be on the short list if he has success at ND.

Good article explaining the role NIL plays not just in the movement of players, but coaches too.

https://www.on3.com/teams/penn-stat...art-how-penn-state-micah-shrewsberry-unwound/
Wow, that's a great read.

“It’s a controversial topic, but it’s what college basketball is right now. It’s what’s going on; it’s here. So you can not like it, and that’s your prerogative. Then you can’t come back and complain about the product. I’m never going to complain. We need as much help as we can get. But also, it’s your choice.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT