ADVERTISEMENT

Sherrod Brown announces "Dignity of Work" tour

Not a fan, but he could be a formidable candidate. Still, I hope that the Democrats come up with someone better.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I'll donate a comb.
Not a fan? Aren't you the guy that's always bitching about how Democrats need to talk about jobs and the middle class? That's been his focus from day one.

He won his Senate race by eight points. Trump won Ohio by nine. Isn't there a stat about Republican presidential candidates that lose Ohio?

Not a fan? Aren't you the guy that's always bitching about how Democrats need to talk about jobs and the middle class? That's been his focus from day one.

He won his Senate race by eight points. Trump won Ohio by nine. Isn't there a stat about Republican presidential candidates that lose Ohio?
That was just a joke on his rumpled hair style.

Here's a clip with some more substance about him:

Reactions: Digressions

Btw, I'm never bitching about it. More likely the arch-liberal bitches here get their panties in a bunch when I speak the truth of pragmatism and they project their bitchery onto me. :)

Yeah, Brown looks very powerful. I could see him easily winning this. The primary is going to be very interesting if there are half a dozen or more really solid candidates, unlike 2016 where the Republicans had very few solid ones. How will the votes get divvied up? The winner might end up being the one person who's least like anyone else. Sherrod Brown might be that person, being the only viable white male. lol That would be a twist. He might be the minority candidate in terms of the field of candidates. Then again, if Biden runs, they might divvy their shares up.

Of all the Dems who have announced so far, Sherrod Brown is the first one I absolutely think should run. Unless he's got some serious skeletons in the closet, he's basically a walking, breathing blueprint of how to beat Trump.

Reactions: UncleMark
Of all the Dems who have announced so far, Sherrod Brown is the first one I absolutely think should run. Unless he's got some serious skeletons in the closet, he's basically a walking, breathing blueprint of how to beat Trump.

I believe there are several combinations for a Democrat ticket that could beat Trump, but I think a Brown/Harris combo would be a slam dunk.

I still have a strong bias against Harris, so I'm not capable of objectively judging her viability on a ticket.

What’s your bias against Harris? I wasn’t aware. I’ve actually met her a few times, always been impressed. She’s kind of like our liberal Dick Lugar in NorCal. She’s been seen as a potential future President for years.

What’s your bias against Harris? I wasn’t aware. I’ve actually met her a few times, always been impressed. She’s kind of like our liberal Dick Lugar in NorCal. She’s been seen as a potential future President for years.
During her time as a DA and AG, I think she too often made poor prosecutorial decisions for political purposes, such as her crusade against the owners of Backpage. I'm not a fan of government attorneys making decisions based on polling data.

If she ends up on the ticket, I'll get over it pretty easily, but until that happens, I'll be pulling for someone else.

Reactions: MrBing and Morrison

Republicans can nominate and elect an idiotic, racist, unfit narcissist all the live long day, but that dern demuhkrat pawty had better nominate someone who’s perfect from top to bottom.

He's a younger Bernie with better Democrat bona fides and a lock on Ohio. Connie is an asset as well.

Republicans can nominate and elect an idiotic, racist, unfit narcissist all the live long day, but that dern demuhkrat pawty had better nominate someone who’s perfect from top to bottom.
Actually true, but why? That is, how do Ds bring that on themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT