ADVERTISEMENT

Seven U.S. states shut doors to Syrian refugees after Paris attack.....

It's up to a dozen, now, but it's just grandstanding. Governors don't have the authority to prevent refugees from entering their states.
They have the authority to not offer services but not to prevent them from enterring. Like the logic that California will take them but they'll stay segregated to California and not enter their state.

Morans.

You need to come to the WC. There's a few people that could use the perspective of someone actually living in Europe. You know Texas and Indiana will be on that list...

I won't even go read most of the time. Too many backwardass f'd up people who write a lot about things they clearly know nothing about.

I am shocked by the amount of posts a read there regarding Europe that bear no resemblance to reality. Even from seemingly intelligent people. The media can be blamed in a large part for this. Read a story about Europe (on any subject) from the US and European perspective and you would think they were two different events.

I just laugh anymore.

I won't even go read most of the time. Too many backwardass f'd up people who write a lot about things they clearly know nothing about.

I am shocked by the amount of posts a read there regarding Europe that bear no resemblance to reality. Even from seemingly intelligent people. The media can be blamed in a large part for this. Read a story about Europe (on any subject) from the US and European perspective and you would think they were two different events.

I just laugh anymore.

"Dear ISIS:

Please send me 2 refugees.
I love ERR'BODY!

Love, Zizkov."

"Dear Mrs. Zizkov:

We regret to inform you that your husband was beheaded by the JV team yesterday. However, luckily, and thanks to our swift actions, the beheading was contained to just a beheading. He was not drowned in a cage, thrown off a building, shot in a trench or crucified. For your convenience, we enclose a CD of the YouTube video which we claim caused this, and a CD of the YouTube of the beheading. If you need anything else, please call ... after the election."

Love, HillBern"

"Dear ISIS:

I love ERR'BODY!

Love, Zizkov."

"Dear Mrs. Zizkov:

We regret to inform you that your husband was beheaded by the JV team yesterday. However, luckily, and thanks to our swift actions, the beheading was contained to just a beheading. He was not drowned in a cage, thrown off a building, shot in a trench or crucified. For your convenience, we enclose a CD of the YouTube video which we claim caused this, and a CD of the YouTube of the beheading. If you need anything else, please call ... after the election."

Love, HillBern"

You are a good Republican. Ignorance is bliss, fear wins the day, freedom loses.

Your favorite quote about how the US used to be a helluva country is perfect. It did until the GOP went complete fuktard and we are left with one shitty viable party. It's sad, conservatives used to have some good thoughts. Nowadays conservatives are too much like ISIS.

Reactions: IUecho87 and iubolt
"Dear ISIS:

I love ERR'BODY!

Love, Zizkov."

"Dear Mrs. Zizkov:

Love, HillBern"
Dear Western Industrialized Nation,

This is what happens when you manipulate a bunch of backward thinking, clitoris mutilating, ignorant religious whack jobs for corporate monetary gain. Please send more lawyers, more guns, and more money.

It's up to 15 and I bet a few of them would surprise you.

If it were 50, none would surprise me. Americans love to push out their chests and talk about using their bombs. But when real difficult problems need to be addressed that bombs can't solve, they become giant pussies.

No western countries will give up rights faster then Americans with a good fear put into them.

The GOP has been using fear for a long time, it works.

You are a good Republican. Ignorance is bliss, fear wins the day, freedom loses.

Your favorite quote about how the US used to be a helluva country is perfect. It did until the GOP went complete fuktard and we are left with one shitty viable party. It's sad, conservatives used to have some good thoughts. Nowadays conservatives are too much like ISIS.

If they send you a dog, I'll take him in - but you have to teach him English first. (Don't you get paid to teach English? At least a couple of days a month?)

You also have to sneak him across any borders.

Last edited:

Actually, I think the last Presidential election I voted for the Lib ......ertarian.
"They have billions. We have you."

"Dear ISIS:

I love ERR'BODY!

Love, Zizkov."

"Dear Mrs. Zizkov:

Love, HillBern"

Let me translate this from authentic Kentucky redneck gibberish to English:

"Dear AOTF, my name is MTIOTF and I am too scared of 0.0003% of the Muslim population to be a good human and let some refugees in. My fear of the unknown is so great, I have been reduced to a quivering vagina who puffs out fear quiffs when some one says Admiral Akbar, or whatever those scary A-rabs say. I want everyone to believe this is a Christian nation, but when I get the chance to be one, I turn into a xenophobic pussy. Sorry, I have to go back to my Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh podcasts. Please take all rights except the 2nd amendment. Thank you white Jesus, amen."

LMAO, golf clap.

As an aside, I'm not in the #prayforParis camp. The last thing we need is people getting all hot and bothered praying to some made-up fairy, sharing their asinine thoughts with their moron friends, deciding that their views about the made-up fairy demand that they hate somebody else who has a slightly different spin on the made-up fairy.

Let's hunt down the assholes and stop praying for anything.

Let me translate this from authentic Kentucky redneck gibberish to English:

"Dear AOTF, my name is MTIOTF and I am too scared of 0.0003% of the Muslim population to be a good human and let some refugees in. My fear of the unknown is so great, I have been reduced to a quivering vagina who puffs out fear quiffs when some one says Admiral Akbar, or whatever those scary A-rabs say. I want everyone to believe this is a Christian nation, but when I get the chance to be one, I turn into a xenophobic pussy. Sorry, I have to go back to my Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh podcasts. Please take all rights except the 2nd amendment. Thank you white Jesus, amen."

That's cute

You suck at translation though

PS - wtf is Alex Jones? Is that Mother Jones' kid?

I wonder if these same governors were in office during WWII just how many jewish families they would have allowed to come to the US? You know there were some jews who were Communists just like Hitler said so how could we take a chance in providing them sanctuary? We need to have screening just like we always have had but to bar any Syrians entrance to the US is pretty damn sad. I wonder if any of these governors realize were talking about a lot of these same people are Christians.

They can come...as long as take a vow of atheism.

If any is ever seen congregating in any religion whatsoever ( be it Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, or scientology,) they will be immediately deported.

This should keep everyone here happy.

Btw...how do you exactly 'vet' someone for refugee status?

They can come...as long as take a vow of atheism.

If any is ever seen congregating in any religion whatsoever ( be it Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, or scientology,) they will be immediately deported.

This should keep everyone here happy.
You can't ban it, that never works. Education is the key.

Teach the children well.

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
I wonder if these same governors were in office during WWII just how many jewish families they would have allowed to come to the US? You know there were some jews who were Communists just like Hitler said so how could we take a chance in providing them sanctuary? We need to have screening just like we always have had but to bar any Syrians entrance to the US is pretty damn sad. I wonder if any of these governors realize were talking about a lot of these same people are Christians.
The governors know that there isn't anything they can do except grandstand, and fear of brown people has always been a pretty effective form of grandstanding.

Your comment about Jews reminds me we have some experience in this area.

You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.

-Rahm Emanuel

You can't ban it, that never works. Education is the key.

Teach the children well.

I know you can't, it was in jest. I don't know the answer.....we've resettled Muslims from both the middle east and Africa in the US before without issue. I assume there is a security process in place for screening, though I still don't understand how that works with people from places like Syria with no functioning government.

I know you can't, it was in jest. I don't know the answer.....we've resettled Muslims from both the middle east and Africa in the US before without issue. I assume there is a security process in place for screening, though I still don't understand how that works with people from places like Syria with no functioning government.
And that has not been successful. See Somalians in Minnesota. If you are educated you are welcome. If you are religious, no thanks. And let's kick out some christian wingnuts too.

Half of the refugees are young men from Turkey, India, Bangladesh. The other half are uneducated syrian village hilljack sicko 50 year old pigs married to 18 year old wives with 3 kids and a fourth on the way. Religious. Future welfare users while they have 10 kids. Hijab wearing. Forget about it.

The educated Syrians fled long ago.

Reactions: sluggo69
We need some Chechens. A battalion of Chechen fighters would take out these ISIS freaks in no time.

We have some. Last refugees we took in ended up bombing some race up in TomBradyland.

If fear of terrorism is overcoming the compassion we have our fellow human beings, then the terrorists have already won the battle.

Fear of refugees...hardly. Fear that our government is too dumb to tell a refugee from a terrorist, well yeah. Seeing how The Boston Bombers and both World Trade Center bombings involved refugee...er, terrorists that were here legally. I'll remain skeptical.

If fear of terrorism is overcoming the compassion we have our fellow human beings, then the terrorists have already won the battle.

If one side is using fear to push their 'agenda' then the other side is using the guise of moral high ground to push theirs. I don't really see how erring on the side of caution is 'racist'. There are ways to help people that don't involve taking them into our borders. I also don't think some people understand that our money isn't endless and that by adding more people that won't be able to contribute, the machine won't be able to go on in perpetuity.

Reactions: LuckyIU73
Without reading the article, I bet most people can guess a high % of them.

http://news.yahoo.com/four-u-states-shut-doors-syrian-refugees-paris-165757926.html

HAH!

Here, the current Guvnuh said "we should do the Christian thing and take in some refugees." (He did not address taking in any terrorists, either intentionally or by accident.)

Then the Guvnuh-elect (Tea Party Republican) said "nope - won't take any - can't tell the good guys from the bad guys." (Turns out there is a civil war in Syria right now and they aren't good at processing background check requests until further notice).

THEN ..... wait fer it ..... turns out that Kentucky "privatized" the refugee/vetting process to a Catholic charity about 20 years ago, so a Kentucky Guvnuh has even less authority over the issue than in other states.

Politics is the best theatre there is (other than voyeurism involving scantily clad female beauties trying to make it pay, of course).

Question - Do ya think Tom Petty is related to Richard Petty?

Without reading the article, I bet most people can guess a high % of them.

http://news.yahoo.com/four-u-states-shut-doors-syrian-refugees-paris-165757926.html
If Illinois allows a terrorist from Syria to settle, what would keep them from causing problems in Indiana or any other state? Banning refugees is just an act of protest against Obama's policies. Once they get here, they can go wherever they want.

Terrorists can sneak in across our southern border via Mexico. They don't need to be disguised as refugees. They just need to book a flight to Mexico.

If Illinois allows a terrorist from Syria to settle, what would keep them from causing problems in Indiana or any other state? Banning refugees is just an act of protest against Obama's policies. Once they get here, they can go wherever they want.

Terrorists can sneak in across our southern border via Mexico. They don't need to be disguised as refugees. They just need to book a flight to Mexico.
Ever since I clicked on your lousy worldvision link I've been getting inundated with worldvision ads on peegs!! Thanks! :mad:

If one side is using fear to push their 'agenda' then the other side is using the guise of moral high ground to push theirs. I don't really see how erring on the side of caution is 'racist'. There are ways to help people that don't involve taking them into our borders. I also don't think some people understand that our money isn't endless and that by adding more people that won't be able to contribute, the machine won't be able to go on in perpetuity.

Moral high ground as in not wanting to see more drowned babies washing up on the coast of Turkey?

This is a huge over-reaction. Vet them all vigorously and diligently...if there's any red flag - send them back.

But these people want out of Syria and in to anywhere b/c of things that have nothing to do with the US and its foreign policy/politics. I bet a third of them are kids

Moral high ground as in not wanting to see more drowned babies washing up on the coast of Turkey?

This is a huge over-reaction. Vet them all vigorously and diligently...if there's any red flag - send them back.

But these people want out of Syria and in to anywhere b/c of things that have nothing to do with the US and its foreign policy/politics. I bet a third of them are kids

You must have missed the part where I said that help can be offered in ways that don't involve bringing them over here which I believe could be an issue for more than just safety reasons (we already are upside on the budget and have our own economy to worry about). Why do people insist that the only way to help is to bring them over? And man are people ever adamant that we MUST bring them here and MUST do it now and that thinking any other way makes you a racist/bigot. People that try to preach tolerance sure aren't very tolerant of the concerns of their fellow citizens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT