ADVERTISEMENT

Sen. Fetterman making a lot of sense?

BradStevens

All-Big Ten
Silver Member
Sep 7, 2023
I have to admit, I didn't think Fetterman should run given his medical condition. But damn he's making some sense in the Senate (this article thinks it's all come after he put on a suit, haha). We all want politicians that speak their mind and aren't blind followers and defenders of their party. Well, Fetterman seems to be doing that:

I have to admit, I didn't think Fetterman should run given his medical condition. But damn he's making some sense in the Senate (this article thinks it's all come after he put on a suit, haha). We all want politicians that speak their mind and aren't blind followers and defenders of their party. Well, Fetterman seems to be doing that:

his line about his stroke is fantastic

his line about his stroke is fantastic
And he's rockin' a righteous 'stache. Just imagine a brand new, pristine flatbill on that noggin. Dude is making a comeback!

senator-john-fetterman-pennsylvania.jpg

i don't like the slob look. I don't wear a coat and tie to work, but also I never, ever wear shorts, T-shirts, and sneakers. Though some profs do. My norm is a nicely-pressed collared shirt, dress pants, and comfy black sneakers that pass (at least at first glance) as black dress shoes. When I am teaching, hosting people, or giving a lecture I put on the leather dress shows and usually up the game to coat and tie. That seems to be a dress code that only those of us over 50 adopt.

I saw Fetterman on Colbert's show and he was nothing like the supposed vegetable that I was told he was. Witty, interactive, and seemingly sharp. He did have his laptop which, he explained, captures as text the questions people ask him. He says that it doesn't happen often, but now and then he has auditory processing problems and when it happens the text allows him to carry on the conversation without delay. It's great that there is technology like that.

Reactions: UncleMark
He is not the most embarrassing Democratic Senator. Which surpasses the expectations I had for him.

Too bad for Hirono though, maybe someone can take the heat off her next cycle.

Reactions: DANC and dr.jb
I dug Fetterman's backstory. Sounds like he was a hard worker in one of those dead in rustbelt towns...kinda a "man of the people". Plus, he's from PA.

The stroke stuff and appearance was kinda concerning, but who are we kidding....as long as he understands what he's voting on, and makes rational decisions...I don't need $10k suits and bullshit speeches.

The fact that he seems to be voting/speaking his gut, and not strictly party script, garners huge points with me...like Rand Paul introducing the Breonna Taylor bill.

Need more dudes and chicks that vote common sense, not just be puppets of their donor overlords.

Guy must have a body double or something. But I'm starting to like him a lot. No wonder he smoked that smug Mitt Romney clone. But what happened? A year ago he couldn't put together a sentence.

Reactions: ulrey

He can be the guy that replaces Manchin as the only Democrat that still has a common sense approach that jives with real people and not Hollywood / Upper West Side limousine liberals.

Maybe he’ll inspire others.
Developing Democrat fracture lines are proving to be white-poc’s. If Biden drops out at the DNC convention, like many believe, I believe the ensuing battle for the nomination will break along skin color lines.

Guy must have a body double or something. But I'm starting to like him a lot. No wonder he smoked that smug Mitt Romney clone. But what happened? A year ago he couldn't put together a sentence.

Of all the paths his career could’ve taken I did not envision him becoming the male Kristen Sinema. He keeps this up and the party will turn on him soon enough.

Developing Democrat fracture lines are proving to be white-poc’s. If Biden drops out at the DNC convention, like many believe, I believe the ensuing battle for the nomination will break along skin color lines.
There will be one group within the party whose criteria will include all candidates to find the “best” & another who will only include candidates of color, gender, etc., meaning white males will be disqualified from consideration, unless they are a make believe or former white male. The 2 approaches may yield the same result in what candidate is produced, but not because the same search criteria is used. Who’d have predicted years ago that the GOP would be less likely to be bigoted or racist in selecting their Presidential nominee?

Of all the paths his career could’ve taken I did not envision him becoming the male Kristen Sinema. He keeps this up and the party will turn on him soon enough.
Sinema votes with Chuck Schumer 97% of the time. Total fraud.

Reactions: DANC
You might be right

i think so too. the dem party is also broken. as i've said there really could be four parties at this point

How about Fetterman vs Murkowski... a battle of moderates instead of a battle of old farts.

Oh many believe that, do they? Are they the same people who believed he wouldn’t make it to the 2020 election and it was all a plot to get Kamala into office?

I dug Fetterman's backstory. Sounds like he was a hard worker in one of those dead in rustbelt towns...kinda a "man of the people". Plus, he's from PA.

The stroke stuff and appearance was kinda concerning, but who are we kidding....as long as he understands what he's voting on, and makes rational decisions...I don't need $10k suits and bullshit speeches.

The fact that he seems to be voting/speaking his gut, and not strictly party script, garners huge points with me...like Rand Paul introducing the Breonna Taylor bill.

Need more dudes and chicks that vote common sense, not just be puppets of their donor overlords.
Hard worker? He lived at home, went to Harvard, and was mayor of a town of 1,800.

He may be coming out of his stroke, and good for him. But he wasn't making sense before his stroke, so someone with some sense must have schooled him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT