ADVERTISEMENT

Semifinal letdowns

aajohn2000

All-American
Apr 12, 2012
North Carolina
Can we just skip the semifinals? Purdue is favored by 8.5 and UCONN by 11.5. These games won’t even be that close. I think Bama will be scrappy enough to make it a game but that line is probably about right. I think Purdue will beat the absolute dog piss out of NC State.

Can we just skip the semifinals? Purdue is favored by 8.5 and UCONN by 11.5. These games won’t even be that close. I think Bama will be scrappy enough to make it a game but that line is probably about right. I think Purdue will beat the absolute dog piss out of NC State.

Idk about NC State. Edey might not be able to shove around 275 pound Burns. His low center of gravity and long reach will make it interesting.

N.C.State is super hot. With tons of confidence..
Beat better teams than Purdue has to get this far.
I can see them pushing Purdue till the end.

275, that's funny
I'd say Edey is 320 and Burns around 300. I agree Burns will be able to hold his ground a little more with his strength, but I also agree he'll get a couple quick fouls, while once again, Edey will be the strongest, biggest and most physical player on the floor and glide through the entire game with 1 or 2 fouls.

I'd say Edey is 320 and Burns around 300. I agree Burns will be able to hold his ground a little more with his strength, but I also agree he'll get a couple quick fouls, while once again, Edey will be the strongest, biggest and most physical player on the floor and glide through the entire game with 1 or 2 fouls.
2? If he gets 2 fouls, I would question whether or not the refs bet on State.

• Haha
Reactions: kkott
N.C.State is super hot. With tons of confidence..
Beat better teams than Purdue has to get this far.
I can see them pushing Purdue till the end.

I think it will be a good game. Their path hasn't been extremely difficult, they avoided Houston. Purdue played the best team in the bunch in Tennessee.

I think it will be a good game. Their path hasn't been extremely difficult, they avoided Houston. Purdue played the best team in the bunch in Tennessee.
Creighton would've been a tougher matchup for PU. Good shooters and they had a 7'er who, while skinny, has some offensive game and would've made Edey work harder on D. Can't beat PU with that FT/foul deficit, even with Knecht having a terrific game. Edey took 22 FTs, UT took 11. PU took 35 overall. Not quite as bad as the NW game earlier, but not far off. Amazing how in a physical game only 1 team gets called for fouls, and that with the biggest, strongest and most physical player on the court. Edey got called for 1 foul and Loyer 3. I'm sure Matt had some choice words for the crew for daring to call 3 fouls on Loyer.

There was a TV replay on a dunk-putback attempt by Edey. He got fouled but in the replay, you could clearly see him hooking with his arm around a guys head/neck with his elbow squarely in the dude's jaw, rooting him out to get position. Where was the call on THAT, which should have been flagrant, IMO.

Reactions: kkott
There was a TV replay on a dunk-putback attempt by Edey. He got fouled but in the replay, you could clearly see him hooking with his arm around a guys head/neck with his elbow squarely in the dude's jaw, rooting him out to get position. Where was the call on THAT, which should have been flagrant, IMO.
He is regularly getting his elbow up into guys necks and under their chin when getting position, and it rarely, if ever, gets called. The restrictions on flopping have worked and stopped guys from flopping, but some of the guys defending Edey need to react a bit more when he gets his elbows up high or really shoves them on back downs. Easy to do, just watch how Loyer and Smith flop around after contact! I thought Zeiglar had a hand grenade go off when he pushed Loyer.

Reactions: Willray
I see no way Purdue losses to NC State the refs are clearly on a mission to get Purdue to the final game. The bigs on NC State will each hve two fouls within the first five minutes. Uconn will beat Alabama by 20 imo. I would say nobody can beat Uconn but the way the refs sene Purdue to the free throw line neve say never I guess.

Reactions: Willray
Idk about NC State. Edey might not be able to shove around 275 pound Burns. His low center of gravity and long reach will make it interesting.
Does not matter the refs will call two fouls on burns within the first five minutes if not sooner and he will have to sit the rest of the half. My wife says maybe it is rigged and I said in the cae of Purdue it kind of seems so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT