ADVERTISEMENT

Seems like the Garland arrow is pointing up

Why the hell do you care so much if he uses all of the scholarships or not? I mean I've never ever seen anyone care about that.

We were told he didn't.......so it just strikes me he's going against his philosophy right off the bat.

Also, I think it could kill morale. It's one thing to have 13 players on the team with 3 or 4 that know they'll never see the floor and accept that.

But if you have 13 guys that can actually play, no way in the world they all stay happy when virtually every team only plays about 9 guys.

Too stupid or lazy to use the ignore feature? I've used it several times and love it. Get your panties out of your crack......it was a joke.

Pure class. Given the unprecedented level of indulgence shown by your fellow posters re: your histionics over sins CAM has yet to commit, you could at least leave off with the name-calling/denigrating comments. Your virtual BD contest schtick is lame - could it be you need a time-out from the Board? Am sure it can be arranged...

Reactions: IUBBALLAWOL
Pure class. Given the unprecedented level of indulgence shown by your fellow posters re: your histionics over sins CAM has yet to commit, you could at least leave off with the name-calling/denigrating comments. Your virtual BD contest schtick is lame - could it be you need a time-out from the Board? Am sure it can be arranged...

Sweet Jesus....talk about needing a safe space.

I get called all kinds of names and don't cry to the mods to kick those people off.

And "get your panties out of crack" has been on every message board I've ever seen for 20 years, cupcake.

(I hope calling you a cupcake wasn't a trigger for you).

Said its down to Vandy and IU for Garland. Not sure if it was his real account or not

Both solid academically. No comparison though in quality of league, support, exposure, facilities or tradition.

Only mention on his Twitter is that both he and Langford will be visiting Nashville for the weekend.

Sounds like Romeo and Garland could be a package deal. Lets hope the better recruit is the one calling the shots unlike the Oden/Conley recruitment.
If they actually pick Vandy over IU for a basketball scholarship then so be it.

The academic opportunity at Vanderbilt is obviously superior to IU, while the athletic one favors IU. For two players who are likely to be in school for only a year or two, one can reasonably draw some conclusions about their priorities.

Reactions: mazz and IUgradman
Garland's dad seems very partial to IU. Here's hoping he uses his influence to steer his son to B-Town.
I don't get a lot of info...but I was recently told that IU has a better chance of landing Garland than Langford...as always this stuff is fluid and ever changing...

I actually feel pretty good knowing they will be at assembly hall for Hoosier hysteria because if nothing else at least they will get to see the differences in atmosphere between us and vandy. I really feel like that has a good chance of sealing the deal with at least one of them.

I don't get a lot of info...but I was recently told that IU has a better chance of landing Garland than Langford...as always this stuff is fluid and ever changing...

I always thought it was the opposite but like you said, stuff is fluid. You can't go wrong with either one and Garland would actually fill a more glaring position of need on our roster. I think it was Jeff Borzello who said recently that we have made up ground on Romeo. If we can get Garland to pick us that would have to entice Romeo knowing he would be playing with another top ten player. Plus we have Jerome Hunter who many think is a five star talent.

Reactions: mazz
I actually feel pretty good knowing they will be at assembly hall for Hoosier hysteria because if nothing else at least they will get to see the differences in atmosphere between us and vandy.
Not to mention having the benches where they belong...

WTF is up with that, anyway? I get being unique, up to a point, but that setup just suxzors.

What are your sources? This sounds like hyperbole. 247 composite had him at 62 which is solidly 4* but not really close to 5*. I'm excited to have him on the team but let's be realistic.

Alex Bozich and Brendan Quinn. The 2018 rankings aren't final so he can still rise.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Interesting if it is down to Vandy and IU. For a kid that will be in college for only 1 or 2 years, why pick Vandy?

In a football state, how would you rank the basketball programs in Tennessee? Tennessee, Memphis, and then Vandy? In a basketball state like Indiana, where would IU stand in visibility and popularity for basketball? IU, Purdue, Butler, and ND? BTW, take out Butler and the football popularity would be reversed.

If I expect to play basketball as a career, I am going to choose a university that is the best for basketball. It seams odd that Vandy beats out Duke and a dozen other schools.

Why the hell do you care so much if he uses all of the scholarships or not? I mean I've never ever seen anyone care about that.
Actually, I decided that most of his posts are not concerned so much that we may be using our scholarships but instead are mostly concerned that we are not saving some of our scholarships to use on ..., to use on ... well, to use on something (God knows what).

Isn't the idea to spend the scholarships on valuable players? Some of his posts make him sound like the Ebernezer Scrooge of scholarships (like, late at night when no one is watching he'll get out his unused scholarships and count them, saying "They're mine. All mine!")

Actually, I decided that most of his posts are not concerned so much that we may be using our scholarships but instead are mostly concerned that we are not saving some of our scholarships to use on ..., to use on ... well, to use on something (God knows what).
His bitch is that we only have one left and he wants us to have two for both Garland and Romeo. Yes, if no one goes pro and no one transfers and no one graduates or otherwise leaves of his own accord, then we're over-committed. But a lot can happen between now and then. It only becomes a problem if we do land both kids. Until such time as CAM shows he is deserving of criticism in this area, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

His bitch is that we only have one left and he wants us to have two for both Garland and Romeo. Yes, if no one goes pro and no one transfers and no one graduates or otherwise leaves of his own accord, then we're over-committed. But a lot can happen between now and then. It only becomes a problem if we do land both kids. Until such time as CAM shows he is deserving of criticism in this area, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
Even if we get Garland, which would happen in Nov. and then get Lanngford. Romeo will most likely commit in the spring. So, we may not be over committed at all. ever. A lot can happen between now and April/May. Of course if a player accidentally dies, some of these morons will claim Arch killed them.

Reactions: IUgradman
His bitch is that we only have one left and he wants us to have two for both Garland and Romeo.

Actually I suspect it's a sheep.

sheep.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT