ADVERTISEMENT

Seems like the Garland arrow is pointing up

With all due respect Vegas, if we land Garland and Romeo (yes Archie will oversign this year if Romeo and Garland both want to come) and add the rest of our 2018 class coming in, we have a top 5 class and maybe THE top class in the country next year when all is said and done.

Meh.

Don't need him.

We just got a 3 star forward that can play every position on the floor.

IMG_0023.gif

Why are you so down on Archie's recruiting?

My only problem is taking that last kid.

Don't need another forward...especially a 3 star.

And it only leaves one spot open when we have 2 Top 10 guards still seriously considering IU.

It especially sucks because we were told he only has 10 or 11 kids on the team.

Besides, I just like jabbing the "real" fans.....:cool:

And it only leaves one spot open when we have 2 Top 10 guards still seriously considering IU.

If you have 13 scholarships use them. If we can get the two top 10 guards we will find room for them.
Forrester will be able to defend the 5
So we will have:
5: Forrester frosh, Thompson rsfrosh and davis JR unless he goes pro.
4: Morgan SR, Moore soph
3 Smith Soph, hunter freshman, Anderson Frosh
2: Cujo jr, Durham Soph, Romeo...fingers crossed
Pg: green jr, phinnissee frosh

Reactions: MrBing and mazz

You butthurt Alford fans just can't let it go can you.

The father of a top 10 recruit thinks IU is a blueblood. That is good enough for me!

Reactions: mazz
Back when he played they were. BTW, I know most don't like Coach Mcaffery but he made the trip today to watch Brooks. Believe me Doyle can't possibly know more than Izzo, Painter, Cal, Miller and many more...

I don't know if Garland is IU bound. But I think he is easily one of the best if not the best possible recruit in that class. In terms of "how do you prepare", he is very very tough and would help IU be a tough team to beat.

Quick as a cat. Great handles. Great vision. Pass first. Dunks with ease. Shoots in rhythm and off the spot and can get down the floor. Plays defense. Has fire. What more do you want from a ball player?

This kid is a very talented young player and an immediate star. No question. Let's bring him in.

“I grew up a huge Hoosier fan and had the privilege of being recruited by coach (Bob) Knight,” Winston Garland told Inside the Hall on Tuesday morning. “Whenever I get a chance to go to Assembly Hall, it gives me chills. It’s been awesome having him potentially being a Hoosier.”

Holy moly.

I don't know if Garland is IU bound. But I think he is easily one of the best if not the best possible recruit in that class. In terms of "how do you prepare", he is very very tough and would help IU be a tough team to beat.

Quick as a cat. Great handles. Great vision. Pass first. Dunks with ease. Shoots in rhythm and off the spot and can get down the floor. Plays defense. Has fire. What more do you want from a ball player?

This kid is a very talented young player and an immediate star. No question. Let's bring him in.
Agreed, he is a special player. From a "needs" perspective, I think he is more important to get than Romeo. From an "inside out" perspective, Romeo could be the cornerstone for rebuilding the Indiana pipeline.

Meh.

Don't need him.

Dumb

Reactions: T.M.P.
The father of a top 10 recruit thinks IU is a blueblood. That is good enough for me!

Yea, that caught my eye also - in light of a poster on a certain "dirty message board" recently claiming that NOBODY considers us a blueblood any more. The number of times I saw us described as such during the coaching search and subsequent announcement provides ample evidence of how strong the denial is up there in Tippy County.

Meh.

Don't need him.

I'm going to laugh if Forrester becomes the best the best recruit from the this class. The only thing this board has in common is we all know more than the coach. Seriously, he's got every recruit he's wanted so far while being in great shape with multiple 5 *s all in a few months, lets let it play out.

Agreed. I liked all of the recruiting until the last one. Seems like we could of gotten a 3 star guy like that at anytime.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
Archie built a good program at Dayton with three star players so I am not going to get too upset that we took a commitment from a kid at a position of need with offers from several other solid high major programs. If Xavier likes a kid that is good enough for me.

Agreed. Garland is an absolute stud. Garland and Romeo are both highly skilled (fundamentals + great athletes), and their basketball IQs are quite high. I will still say that they would be the best pair of players IU has ever brought in...if we can land them.

Reactions: IUgradman
Archie built a good program at Dayton with three star players so I am not going to get too upset that we took a commitment from a kid at a position of need with offers from several other solid high major programs. If Xavier likes a kid that is good enough for me.
Forrester is underrated and will go up in the rankings. He's already ranked as a 4 by one major service. By this time next year he'll be a 4 in all of them .

Disgruntled ignorant Crean supporters and a whack job nutcase from Vegas that doesn't understand the first thing about basketball are at fault here. None of this should be of any concern. This whole board has been infected by their stupid.

Agreed. I liked all of the recruiting until the last one. Seems like we could of gotten a 3 star guy like that at anytime.

As if either of you knows anything about him or CAM's thinking on the matter. Oh wait, CAM thought/thinks he was/is a ringer so your position is that you're more astute than IU's new coach. Color me impressed.

Reactions: IUBBALLAWOL
Forrester is underrated and will go up in the rankings. He's already ranked as a 4 by one major service. By this time next year he'll be a 4 in all of them .

For years and years and years, kids shoot up in the rankings just because they picked a great school, not necessarily because of their talent.

I'm going to laugh if Forrester becomes the best the best recruit from the this class. The only thing this board has in common is we all know more than the coach. Seriously, he's got every recruit he's wanted so far while being in great shape with multiple 5 *s all in a few months, lets let it play out.
I'm telling all my fellow Hoosiers that Forrester will be the best of this group so far coming in. I've seen enough clips of him, and with good coaching, gonna be a stud !

Why the hell do you care so much if he uses all of the scholarships or not? I mean I've never ever seen anyone care about that.

ADVERTISEMENT