ADVERTISEMENT

Seems like a very good class...

Hoos1er

Recruit
Apr 19, 2005
Sarasota, FL
What are your thoughts as to how this class compares to past year's? Does it seem like we are continuing to move in a direction that will allow us to be more competitive? Say 8-5 or 9-4 soon. I think so but would like to hear from students of the game!

The last couple years the staff has had some 2 and 3 star players that have excelled early on. But just looking at the the ratings it seems like we have been in the 60s for the last 20+ years.

We did have one year recently where we were in the 40s but it was a result of a few highly rated head cases.

Off-season conditioning once they get to campus can be the great equalizer.

I like it. Seems like a lot of quality individuals with solid skills. I think they will fit well with what we have.

The last couple years the staff has had some 2 and 3 star players that have excelled early on. But just looking at the the ratings it seems like we have been in the 60s for the last 20+ years.

We did have one year recently where we were in the 40s but it was a result of a few highly rated head cases.

Off-season conditioning once they get to campus can be the great equalizer.
Actually this is the first year in a while we've been in the 60s. We've been in the 30s, 40s, and 50s for most of Wilson's tenure. This class did not ever pick up the momentum that the previous few had. But I think Allen did a nice job closing it out. And we are ranked in the 50s on the other services.

Actually this is the first year in a while we've been in the 60s. We've been in the 30s, 40s, and 50s for most of Wilson's tenure. This class did not ever pick up the momentum that the previous few had. But I think Allen did a nice job closing it out. And we are ranked in the 50s on the other services.
There was an article in yesterday's Bloomington paper that included the class rankings for Rivals and Scout since 2010. Iu was mostly in the 50's during the Wilson era.

All things considered, including of course the unexpected head coaching change in early December, I think we did okay. Now the emphasis, hopefully, is on strength and conditioning, staying in the classroom, and staying out of trouble.

We need to go 7-5 this season. With a serviceable OL, better play/fewer picks at QB, and improved special teams play, I think it's attainable. If Coach Allen can manage a winning record in his first season as HC, there will be a lot of high-fives and fist pumps on Signing Day 2018.

Reactions: codylance
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT