ADVERTISEMENT

Season Prediction

In the past 100 years, IU has never followed a winless conference season by winning more than 2 conference games.

So pencil that in before anyone starts talking bowl.

I'll go with a solid 3-9 effort, with losses to all the usual suspects.

I predict wins against Illinois, WK and Idaho, one W between Rutgers and Maryland, and have the PU game as a tossup so either 4-8 or 5-7. That said, I believe there are reasons for optimism and hope (and why I will once again be glued to every game) which include improved QB play, a better offense overall, and the defense returning to something more like the 2020 version. If those three things occur, 7-5 or 8-4 seems possible. Looking forward to it and hoping for the best.

In the past 100 years, IU has never followed a winless conference season by winning more than 2 conference games.

So pencil that in before anyone starts talking bowl.

I'll go with a solid 3-9 effort, with losses to all the usual suspects.
I'm looking good but what is exciting is that IU is 3-0. At this point, based on sheer effort and 4th quarter magic, I think it is possible they win one more. But I also think based on the fact that IU has not been even close to dominant in any game so far.... they could easily lose out from here.

I'm looking good but what is exciting is that IU is 3-0. At this point, based on sheer effort and 4th quarter magic, I think it is possible they win one more. But I also think based on the fact that IU has not been even close to dominant in any game so far.... they could easily lose out from here.
So let me get this straight. In July, you predicted a three-win season. In September, after just three games, IU has three wins. And yet you choose to remind everyone of your July prediction and announce that you're "looking good?"

Holy shit, dude.

Two wins out of conference. 3 in conference. 5-7 for season. Team will be more competitive. Still lose to big boys.
Will lose to Illinois. We will get out coached. Hate that, my son-in-law is a Illinois grad. He will rub it in my face.
Allen is not a good "in game" coach, don't expect him to outcoach anybody in BTN. Without that, 3 wins is the best we can do.
Not convinced that "loving each other" wins football games. Rather have good coaching and a sh*tload of speed.
Did your son-in-law take the loss well? His Bret Beilema blow-up doll put away yet for the year or you guys sharing it?

Do you stare at the mirror and say, "Damn, you look good..."??

This is one of the stupidest things I’ve ever read on here.

Did your son-in-law take the loss well? His Bret Beilema blow-up doll put away yet for the year or you guys sharing it?
BRCB, My son in-law sends you his regards. He put his Brett Beilema blow-up doll in his front yard. Amazing what can happen in a few weeks. Maybe it's just the difference in coaching. The bastard is gloating. He pointed out to me that beating Illinois could prove to be the pinnacle of IU's "22' season. He refers to it as the "stunning upset".

• Haha
Reactions: vesuvius13
BRCB, My son in-law sends you his regards. He put his Brett Beilema blow-up doll in his front yard. Amazing what can happen in a few weeks. Maybe it's just the difference in coaching. The bastard is gloating. He pointed out to me that beating Illinois could prove to be the pinnacle of IU's "22' season. He refers to it as the "stunning upset".
Bet that was a sight for the neighbors as you guys took turns on it in the front lawn?

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
I was just looking at the schedule. I would say the only chances for wins left are Maryland and Purdue at home. Maybe we can win one of those.

4-8 seems like a good call at this point.

I think we'll get one more. But haven't seen enough good things, consistently enough, to have any confidence in any of the specific remaining games. So that leaves me with a hope that we'll play well enough, against a team that plays poorly enough, to get 1 more win. Hope its Purdue.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I am amazed at how some people still don't understand LEO. It is not some kind of touchy-feely, mushy feeling that produces soft play and players.

It is about creating a bond on the team so deep that letting down your teammates is more painful than letting yourself down. You refuse to accept less than everyone's best because the team is only as strong as the weakest link. You refuse to become the weak link that breaks the team. This is the kind of camaraderie that can take an average team and propel it to greatness; and make a great team a legendary team.

I love good parody, and this is gold.

So let me get this straight. In July, you predicted a three-win season. In September, after just three games, IU has three wins. And yet you choose to remind everyone of your July prediction and announce that you're "looking good?"

Holy shit, dude.
Yes, correct.

Reactions: Chriselli
Yes, correct.
It wasn't so much the preseason prediction that was idiotic. It was the fact that, after predicting a three win season, you posted here after IU's 3-0 start that you were "looking good." Bizarro.

Reactions: YOTHN
You have to admit he was damned close

"damned close"... Ha oooorr, he can take the L on the chin because he was adamant it would only be 3. It's only close if one doesn't shove arrogance in the face of others. IU was 3-0 and to assume there was no way IU picked up a 4th win at that time, was just being crass. Eat the crow and move along.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT