MARY - W
at RUTG - L
PSU - L
at OSU - L
at MSU - L
PU - W

6-6, 4-5 B1G

BOWL: Quick Lane in Detroit vs TOLEDO - W

7-6 final record w/ a bowl victory. Book it. Go Hoosiers!
I think we beat Cincy as we should have last season but lose to Mich.

Let’s hope the bowl is not in ****ing Detroit.

outliers are beating Nebrasktuckey and Ped State

I've never felt so in-the-dark about an upcoming IU football season as this one. With 27 guys out (since the 2021 season ended) through the portal and 13 guys in, five new assistants including both coordinators, lingering questions about the OL, and a new guy (likely) at QB, I don't have a clue.

Your (SoInHoosier) prediction of 6-6, following last year's 2-10 disaster, would make me happy if it were to happen, but who knows. We'll have at least some idea of where things are headed after we play Bielema's boys.

Let the games begin!

ILL - W
IDAHO - W
WKU - W
at CIN - W
at NEB - W
MICH - L
MARY - W
at RUTG - W
PSU - W
at OSU - L
at MSU - W
PU - W

Bowl Game W

IU rebounds with 11 win this season, yes I know this is a dream I rather be positive heading into the season. There are variables with the coaching staff we don't know about yet but I believe they are very good coaches.

Last edited:
ILL - W
IDAHO - W
WKU - W
at CIN - W
at NEB - W
MICH - L
MARY - W
at RUTG - W
PSU - W
at OSU - L
at MSU - W
PU - W

Bowl Game W

IU rebounds with 11 win this season, yes I know this is a dream I rather be positive heading into the season.
Too early to call or even guess with all the new variables for me..., but....., given that I'm an extreme optimist..., and want to get in on this..., I'll call your 11-2 and raise you 1 with our only loss coming to "the" (copyrighted) o$u... at the "shoe"... .😉😎

At least this time I'll remember what the heck my detractors are referring to if I'm wrong... 😆

If I don't (remember), please feel free to remind me... 😎🍺🇺🇸

Last edited:
I think we beat Cincy as we should have last season but lose to Mich.

Let’s hope the bowl is not in ****ing Detroit.

outliers are beating Nebrasktuckey and Ped State
Cold, nasty Detroit or not (I know it’s played indoors)…IU needs to WIN a bowl game. After the last two heartbreaking L’s to SEC big boy schools…IU just needs to win a bowl game to get the monkey off the back and get over the hump. It’s another step in the right direction for this program.

The p u faithful (BN) can even f up a preseason off the wall Prediction thread... 🙄😖
Ope. Yup. 2 post about a city mentioned in the main post really effed it up. Lol sorry I detracted your focus with 2 post. I'll add to the predictions. I have no idea what iu looks like, hard to say with all the unknowns. Doubt they beat Purdue. Give me 4-5 wins for iu.

Reactions: tenwest
Anything a PUke fan states is not worth Ross Ross Ade turf.
Nothing wrong with the grass. I'd rather have it than artificial crap. Now that crap that was played on in Tennessee. No idea how that could be so bad. But if you want to discuss that, start a new thread. I don't want to be accused of derailing a thread for participating.

Nothing wrong with the grass. I'd rather have it than artificial crap. Now that crap that was played on in Tennessee. No idea how that could be so bad. But if you want to discuss that, start a new thread. I don't want to be accused of derailing a thread for participating.
More worthless RA turf crap. What's wrong with your board? Apparently nobody there likes you either. If you want to talk tough to impress someone or tell someone what to do, look in the mirror you'll enjoy better results. POTMFB

I've never felt so in-the-dark about an upcoming IU football season as this one. With 27 guys out (since the 2021 season ended) through the portal and 13 guys in, five new assistants including both coordinators, lingering questions about the OL, and a new guy (likely) at QB, I don't have a clue. ….

Let the games begin!
Ditto

Basically impossible to accurately predict, at this point. So much relies on unproven things like new key coaches, potentially a new QB, new RBs, new Receivers...

I think we'll be solid defensively overall. That's about the only thing I feel is "likely" to happen.

Floor is 2-10. Ceiling is probably about 7-5. I'll predict 5-7...wining 2-3 of the non conference games, and 2-3 conference games.

More worried about how "solid" the new offense will be, and whether or not the Mizzou transfer can provide solid QB play. If those things happen, and we miss a bowl game, it won't be the end of the world.

Last season is still a mystery to me. My wife and I flew up from FL for the Cincinnati game and IU was clearly the better team and should have put them away. Next thing I know, I'm back in Tampa and IU can't seem to compete with anyone on the schedule. Coming off such a successful two prior season it just seemed like the Cincinnati loss zapped any/all confidence IU had for the season. I would like to see IU return to a bowl game this year but like many others I think there are too many variables in play to predict results for this season.

Last season is still a mystery to me. My wife and I flew up from FL for the Cincinnati game and IU was clearly the better team and should have put them away. Next thing I know, I'm back in Tampa and IU can't seem to compete with anyone on the schedule. Coming off such a successful two prior season it just seemed like the Cincinnati loss zapped any/all confidence IU had for the season. I would like to see IU return to a bowl game this year but like many others I think there are too many variables in play to predict results for this season.
If 2019 hadn't happened, I'd categorize 2020 solely as a flukey, Covid, fools gold type of year. I do think the level of our success in 2020 was based a bit on luck (PSU game was luck), and a couple of our big name opponents had horrible Covid years (MSU and Michigan to name a couple). But we were still solid, and would have likely still been a bowl team had we not had those things go in our favor.

All in all, I think our margin for error/success is still razor thin. When we have things go against us (McFadden call against Cincy), we just don't have the margin to handle it. And beyond that, Allen's teams rely on emotion as much or more than they do on precision and execution. And when things started to not go our way last season, our teams were very, very quick to mail it in. And since Allen's teams, even the good ones, haven't shown that they're particularly consistent at fundamental elements of the game...big swings up and down are probably to be expected.

Illinois game will set the tone for the early part of the season.

I’m going to say 1-11. New doesn’t always mean better and they will have to show me since I have nothing else to go on. A head coach needs to have control of the entire team and know what is going on before the wheels fall off and be able to fix it. Last year was proof positive that we do not have that. Maybe Bell turns out to be great and we can manage 4 or 5 wins but Allen has proven he can’t manage a game even without pulling double duty as a coordinator so I’ll hold my optimism that we can even sniff bowl eligibility.

I’m going to say 1-11. New doesn’t always mean better and they will have to show me since I have nothing else to go on. A head coach needs to have control of the entire team and know what is going on before the wheels fall off and be able to fix it. Last year was proof positive that we do not have that. Maybe Bell turns out to be great and we can manage 4 or 5 wins but Allen has proven he can’t manage a game even without pulling double duty as a coordinator so I’ll hold my optimism that we can even sniff bowl eligibility.
Oh for the love of God…

Lol….pot meet kettle.
I believe the term you used one time was ”Eeyore?”

Two wins out of conference. 3 in conference. 5-7 for season. Team will be more competitive. Still lose to big boys.
Will lose to Illinois. We will get out coached. Hate that, my son-in-law is a Illinois grad. He will rub it in my face.
Allen is not a good "in game" coach, don't expect him to outcoach anybody in BTN. Without that, 3 wins is the best we can do.
Not convinced that "loving each other" wins football games. Rather have good coaching and a sh*tload of speed.

Two wins out of conference. 3 in conference. 5-7 for season. Team will be more competitive. Still lose to big boys.
Will lose to Illinois. We will get out coached. Hate that, my son-in-law is a Illinois grad. He will rub it in my face.
Allen is not a good "in game" coach, don't expect him to outcoach anybody in BTN. Without that, 3 wins is the best we can do.
Not convinced that "loving each other" wins football games. Rather have good coaching and a sh*tload of speed.
You’re right. He probably wouldn’t out coach anybody in the Big Ten Network.

ILL - W
IDAHO - W
WKU - W
at CIN - L
at NEB - L
MICH - W
MARY - W
at RUTG - L
PSU - L
at OSU - L
at MSU - L
PU - W

6-6, 4-5 B1G

BOWL: Quick Lane in Detroit vs TOLEDO - W

7-6 final record w/ a bowl victory. Book it. Go Hoosiers!
ILL - W
IDAHO - W
WKU - W
at CIN - W
at NEB - L
MICH - L
MARY - W
at RUTG - W
PSU - L
at OSU - L
at MSU - L
PU - L

6-6, 2-6 B1G

If I'm being optimistic, 6-6 is my call. As others have said, I feel pretty in the dark about the season. My concern with CTA is that he has an emotional style similar to Tom Crean. Coaches that lead with emotion rather than a style or system tend to be inconsistent, with wild ups and downs. I wish it were more apparent that he learned from DeBoer's time as OC, but the offense has been a disaster for most of his time as HC but for DeBoer.

.... I hate to admit that I'm not optimistic... so, 3-8 .... 4-7 at best

CTA has definitely had his struggles with in-game coaching/game management, no doubt. His best moment was vs Penn St. in 2020 in comparison to James Franklin. IU was well prepared and ready to play, and CTA made some solid coaching decisions late.

...or, was it the other way around and it was Franklin who made some poor coaching decisions late? I could be wrong but I seem to recall one or two plays by PSU that could be looked at that way.

I am amazed at how some people still don't understand LEO. It is not some kind of touchy-feely, mushy feeling that produces soft play and players.

It is about creating a bond on the team so deep that letting down your teammates is more painful than letting yourself down. You refuse to accept less than everyone's best because the team is only as strong as the weakest link. You refuse to become the weak link that breaks the team. This is the kind of camaraderie that can take an average team and propel it to greatness; and make a great team a legendary team.

I am amazed at how some people still don't understand LEO. It is not some kind of touchy-feely, mushy feeling that produces soft play and players.

It is about creating a bond on the team so deep that letting down your teammates is more painful than letting yourself down. You refuse to accept less than everyone's best because the team is only as strong as the weakest link. You refuse to become the weak link that breaks the team. This is the kind of camaraderie that can take an average team and propel it to greatness; and make a great team a legendary team.
Nothing takes the place of hard work, dedication, and good coaching. Having talented players also doesn't hurt. I'll buy into LEO when IU becomes a winning football team. "The proof is in the pudding." At this point, IU has a ways to go to even become average. There's got to be real substance behind the slogan.

Reactions: IUgradman
Nothing takes the place of hard work, dedication, and good coaching. Having talented players also doesn't hurt. I'll buy into LEO when IU becomes a winning football team. "The proof is in the pudding." At this point, IU has a ways to go to even become average. There's got to be real substance behind the slogan.
There has been real substance behind LEO, you and others just seem to deny it due to 2021, which was a shit storm of a season but let's see what this season brings. Wins in 2019 and 2020 shouldn't be discounted but many do discount those winning seasons. The best thing is coach Allen made major changes from 2021 bringing in experienced coaches and recruiting has improved with Leo. Whether it is enough to turn 2022 around we will have to wait and see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT