ADVERTISEMENT

Scottie Schefler Arrested on the way to Valhalla this Morning

Heck, I like Gillis a little now after the statement. Nothing too wrong with it, normal stuff, then the strange PS is funny to me.

Anyway, I was wrong. I said they'd hang onto this like a pit bull. Surprised they dropped it so fast. I figured a safety course was coming before dismissal.

It's likely to me that Scheffler 'disobeyed' when Gillis wasn't clear in his orders. I've seen though where this was clearly true, an officer doing a shit job and then claiming 'disobeying' and yet prosecutor and judge just side with police on a he says she says.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodle
Heck, I like Gillis a little now after the statement. Nothing too wrong with it, normal stuff, then the strange PS is funny to me.

Anyway, I was wrong. I said they'd hang onto this like a pit bull. Surprised they dropped it so fast. I figured a safety course was coming before dismissal.

It's likely to me that Scheffler 'disobeyed' when Gillis wasn't clear in his orders. I've seen though where this was clearly true, an office doing a shit job and then claiming 'disobeying' and yet prosecutor and judge just side with police on a he says she says.
I'm kind of with you on this one re Gillis. On the other hand Romines' (Scheffler's attorney) statement was unnecessary. The charges were dropped, both sides agreed not to pursue any legal action, and Scheffler handled everything extremely well - he came out of this with an even better reputation (if that's even possible).

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I'm kind of with you on this one re Gillis. On the other hand Romines' (Scheffler's attorney) statement was unnecessary. The charges were dropped, both sides agreed not to pursue any legal action, and Scheffler handled everything extremely well - he came out of this with an even better reputation (if that's even possible).
If I had to speculate, I'd say Romines has at least some history with Gillis. I'm sure he has history with LMPD and was looking for a way to twist the knife a little.

I had worked with Romines as “co-counsel” in civil cases twice back in the day. (I represented companies, and he represented an individual executive.)

We were also in the same golf club for a short time. He moved UP. I moved down. (I’m guessing his membership will move to Valhalla soon!)

His disagreeable “tone” during the kum-ba-ya show was NOT a surprise. He is always more than ready for a legal fight. There is no off-switch on his “aggressive attorney” button.

Reactions: Noodle
Not here to defend Bryson, but he does have a degree in Physics. That may not be nuclear engineering, but it is not general studies either.
DeChambeau isn’t dumb. A lot of very dumb people think they’re intelligent and that more intelligent people are dumb.

DeChambeau isn’t dumb. A lot of very dumb people think they’re intelligent and that more intelligent people are dumb.
He leaves nothing to chance. You have to have talent in golf but confidence is also a must. Even if these salty golf balls are bull, if he thinks it gives him an edge, it does.

In Tiger’s prime he made every big putt. He was confident he was going to make them. After he got wacked with a 7 iron by his wife and vilified by everyone, he lost confidence and quit making big putts. He even had the shanks at one point.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
He leaves nothing to chance. You have to have talent in golf but confidence is also a must. Even if these salty golf balls are bull, if he thinks it gives him an edge, it does.

In Tiger’s prime he made every big putt. He was confident he was going to make them. After he got wacked with a 7 iron by his wife and vilified by everyone, he lost confidence and quit making big putts. He even had the shanks at one point.

Bryson scrambled very well and deserved to win. I’m not sold on PINEHURST #2 under US Open conditions. It’s an absolutely beautiful course design just not sure it rewards enough good shots under those conditions

Bryson scrambled very well and deserved to win. I’m not sold on PINEHURST #2 under US Open conditions. It’s an absolutely beautiful course design just not sure it rewards enough good shots under those conditions
I agree. Bryson got lucky all day Sunday. He hit very few fairways and was rewarded with good lies on every one of them but the last hole. Rory hit great drives all day. Barely missed the fairway on the last drive and got a bad lie.

But he missed two putts under four feet in two of the last four holes, so he has no one to blame but himself.

I agree. Bryson got lucky all day Sunday. He hit very few fairways and was rewarded with good lies on every one of them but the last hole. Rory hit great drives all day. Barely missed the fairway on the last drive and got a bad lie.

But he missed two putts under four feet in two of the last four holes, so he has no one to blame but himself.
Yeah…Bryson had a 3 shot lead starting the day. That’s the story. He played himself into position to win…and he did so. Rory outplayed him yesterday but started to far back. The one on 16 was bad. The one on 18 was a tough putt even if it was inside 5 feet.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Absolutely. There wasn't nearly the kind of penalty exacted for bad shots you're used to seeing in that event.

Skill, but also quite a bit of luck was involved. Lots of people hit it into the scrub and their ball was right next to (or in) a huge clump of that wiregrass and they had no option but to hack it out. Bryson was there more than anybody and somehow kept finding sandy open spots that allowed a pretty good hack at it and no huge price to pay. Only that 18th, with the tree root and the limb obstructing his stance, gave him problems.

Rough Father's Day for you...
Ehhh, not really.

Not taking anything away from Bryson, but that was an EPIC choke job by Rory. Missed 2 putts inside of 4 feet in the last 3 holes. Ouch.

I think I saw where he had made 400 some straight from that distance or less before yesterday.

That said, Brysons bunker shot on 18 was RIDICULOUSLY good. That was insane.

I was surprised. I thought all the restored "native sand/wire grass clumps" areas would penalize the big hitters who could not stay in the fairway. Instead, length still won, despite the Donald Ross greens.

Chicks still dig the long ball.

I’m not so sure YE Yang didn’t have a big part in his loss of invincibility…

Yeah…Bryson had a 3 shot lead starting the day. That’s the story. He played himself into position to win…and he did so. Rory outplayed him yesterday but started to far back. The one on 16 was bad. The one on 18 was a tough putt even if it was inside 5 feet.
Agree with you. This is going to leave a scar that will be hard for Rory to get rid of.

Reactions: Spartans9312
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT