ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Rolen joins Jeff Mercer's staff as Director of Player Development

Having Scott Rolen on the staff adds tremendous credibility. Once recruits learn of his background may very well result in bringing high level recruits into the fold. An impressive addition to the staff.

Having Scott Rolen on the staff adds tremendous credibility. Once recruits learn of his background may very well result in bringing high level recruits into the fold. An impressive addition to the staff.

I wish they had announced this before so many decommits....everybody knew it was in the works.

Any idea if this will help bring some of our decommits back into the fold?

The new coaches are not sweating the kids who decided to leave the fold. They are concerned with the current roster and getting this team ready for the 2019 season. Only one of the players leaving was considered elite, and he may get drafted next year anyway. Let’s pump the brakes and let these coaches go to work on players THEY want to bring in in the future. They are probably thrilled to have some openings for players they’d like to recruit.

The new coaches are not sweating the kids who decided to leave the fold. They are concerned with the current roster and getting this team ready for the 2019 season. Only one of the players leaving was considered elite, and he may get drafted next year anyway. Let’s pump the brakes and let these coaches go to work on players THEY want to bring in in the future. They are probably thrilled to have some openings for players they’d like to recruit.

I've seen the Columbus kids play. I was doubtful of Maddox's ability to contribute, but Gilley and Greenwell have obvious potential. They will be seriously recruited.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT