ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday Boycott

They haven't and they won't until the season ends.

Then I'd love to see IU finish as strong as possible and have them give him a nice long juicy extension. If they can't make an evaluation after 9 seasons I hope they get hoodwinked again and run out of B-ton when it backfires.

All these turds on here saying to boycott dont have season tickets anyway.
Going to IU games is one of my outlets I spend my entertainment money on. Its fun to go. Regardless of the coach/results, there are always plays or players that i enjoy being there to see.

Some people gamble, some people have golf memberships, some people buy season tickets, etc.

So stay home if you want - you didnt have a ticket to the game anyway!

Because its so hard to get a ticket to the game. lol Have fun cheering on the lads and spelling out I.U. with your arms.

Does anyone recall a time where the fan base of a big-time college hoops or football program staged a mutiny of sorts and boycotted a game to express their frustrations with the team's leadership?

And a less straightforward question... how is something like this perceived by potential coaches who would take the job? Is it as simple as them thinking "wow, these fans sure are passionate, that's great and I'd love it there" ... or is there potential that this rings more like the other end of spectrum "nothing short of Bob Knight is going to make those fans happy again; they turned vicious on Crean and they'll do the same to me if I don't give them banner #6 in my first 5 years on the job."

Reactions: Satimon
I want him gone also, but there are worse out there.
Have to know what we can get before we cut bait.

Does anyone recall a time where the fan base of a big-time college hoops or football program staged a mutiny of sorts and boycotted a game to express their frustrations with the team's leadership?

And a less straightforward question... how is something like this perceived by potential coaches who would take the job? Is it as simple as them thinking "wow, these fans sure are passionate, that's great and I'd love it there" ... or is there potential that this rings more like the other end of spectrum "nothing short of Bob Knight is going to make those fans happy again; they turned vicious on Crean and they'll do the same to me if I don't give them banner #6 in my first 5 years on the job."
Michigan did it with Hoke which was widespread and effective. And Hoke had only been there 4 years, was Big Ten COY, and won a Sugar Bowl.

What happened? They landed Harbaugh and are quickly approaching elite status again. And at the time some critics were calling them crazy, said Harbaugh would never leave the pros, etc etc.

The bottom line is high expectations will only help with the coaching search for an elite candidate. The last thing a new coach wants is an apathetic fan base.

Michigan did it with Hoke which was widespread and effective. And Hoke had only been there 4 years, was Big Ten COY, and won a Sugar Bowl.

What happened? They landed Harbaugh and are quickly approaching elite status again. And at the time some critics were calling them crazy, said Harbaugh would never leave the pros, etc etc.

The bottom line is high expectations will only help with the coaching search for an elite candidate. The last thing a new coach wants is an apathetic fan base.
This is a very good post. A+ to you. MIGA

Have any of you ever fired an employee or independent contractor, in your ''exemplary" career?

Have any of you ever been fired?

I know Missou enrollment dropped by a staggering 25% after the FB players pulled all that crap they pulled two years ago, and I don't think it's recovered.

Fans should stay home Saturday. It's a peaceful way of telling the powers that be that we the fans are done. It's unfortunate that this also affects the players; however, the fans did not stick IU with Crean for 9 seasons. Make the administration own this. If Crean comes back, they can know exactly what next season would look like.

I started my boycott last year when I stopped getting season tickets. I couldn't pay to watch that crap anymore. I know we won the conference, but the B1G was weak and it was the easiest B1G schedule we've had.

Reactions: snarlcakes
And this is how we end up with Tom Crean for 9 (10???) years. Go have your strom, watch a video of the 1987 UNLV game, and send Collin a thank you card for his efforts (but don't ask him why he's graduate transferring to another school).

Exactly- too many in this fan base just want to have a pretty good competitive team (Sweet 16's every couple years), with guys that are great in the classroom and off the court, and a squeaky clean coach. It's so tiring.

You know what I want? I want a culture of winning to be demanded every year from whomever our new coach is. Just win and win consistently. There is no reason whatsoever that the next coach couldn't turn this program into a perennial powerhouse like it should be. I don't want to hear a bunch of talking from the coaches, players, or AD. We've had smoke blown up our a*ses for 9 years and I'm sick of it- shut up, man up, and play ball. As much as I loathe the Patriots, I love the way they operate, no BS just execution when it matters.

I want Glass (if he's not fired) to look at this hire much differently than he looked at Creans tenure. You give the next coach a few years, and if you aren't completely content you move on to the next guy swiftly. Elite programs don't ever have wasted decades- they may experience a down year or two, but typically get it back on track quickly. It feels like we've been trying to get back on the tracks for 15 years. Rant over.

Last edited:

You are correct. Great coaches/people embrace challenges and love the high expectations and passion. That's why they are the best at their jobs. Lastly, we don't want some bum who shies away from the challenge, we want the guy who embraces it, we want the best.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Have any of you ever fired an employee or independent contractor, in your ''exemplary" career?

Have any of you ever been fired?

Have any of you made 20+ million at your current job? There is no reason to pity Tom Crean. He knows how college basketball works and has made more money than 99.9% of the people on the planet. He will be fine.

Reactions: fpeaugh

U really this dumb? It's year 9 not year 2 or 3. We have been more than patient

I want him gone also, but there are worse out there.
Have to know what we can get before we cut bait.
Such a sorry attitude. U get rid of him no what for nothing else than to make a point. At this point I don't give a flying f who they hire just fire this pompous prick

Reactions: russelltodd
I will be at the final game and not just because it is awesome to be in Btown.

I will be at the game supporting these great kids. I will be there supporting Colin Hartman a great kid whose career was sadly limited due to injury.

I will be there for the best fans in college basketball in the best area. I will be there enjoying the music Srs as they play for one of the countries great pep bands.

I will be there for Martha the mop lady, the six of seven time National Cheerleading champs and for one last "Under 8".

I will never boo an IU coach regardless of what I think.

Then I will hit Nicks for the final Strom of the season.
Suddenly, I feel like throwing a chair.

Since Knight I see, Davis, Sampson, and Crean. What makes you think the next hire will be a home run?
While I've never considered Crean a good coach (I stopped knocking him after 2 collapses in the Big dance by Purdue, no room to talk), I do think he's had it tough this year because of injuries. Everyone says they weren't playing well before OG got hurt. It's a lot easier to right the ship with OG than without him.
You think Butler would have laid down and died if they had injury problems?

Again we see the SOS with Crean. IU jumps out to a 17 to 4 lead and as usual in come the subs and there goes momentum and morale.. He has done this for 8 years and it's well past time he goes.....I have watched and cheered on the Hoosiers since the 1950's (Im 76) but have lose all intrest in IU basketball....Also, notice the expression on these guy's faces as the head for the bench after 3-4-5 minutes on the floor.
I gave up on Crean after a team that was practically given the national championship by Sports Illlustrated with a cover extravaganza choked against the Syracuse zone. Yeah, I was happy when they beat Kentucky a couple of times, but the rest of it has been mediocre at best. Which made me into a Butler fan, who would have ever thought?

I cannot boycott IU's basketball games. Unless something like phonegate breaks open again, God forbid.

I support these young men and their team. I actually cheer for them, too. I would like Tom Crean to perform miracles that obviously are not in him.

I cringe when we turn over the ball or don't block out or shoot early when there are no rebounders underneath or just stand around on offense or miss assignments on defense...well you get it. Too bad that our coach doesn't know how to make the team(s) effective.

I cannot hope that IU loses so that, somehow, Glass then would feel more compelled to negotiate Crean out.

But I will say that I understand those that do boycott. I have mixed feelings about it but if that is your decision then just do it.

I also have no problem that when Crean comes out and makes a really bad decision that I put a bag on my head and express displeasure.

I have no doubt that IU can and will come back some day. It will take the right coach. He isn't at IU right now.
I understand your point, but CTC has just barely done good enough to keep his job. This ride needs to be over. In the words of Mike Davis "Indiana is bigger than me"

I'm not for or against a boycott. However, in my opinion, it would be a bigger message if everyone shows up to the game and leaves at halftime. That would plaster all the papers and tv channels. That's how I would organize it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT